Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by Humphreys, Mar 16, 2005.
is there any way of winning on hard with that shitty team you start with?
I thought hard was too easy???
Jokes mate. Got to play for field position and play to your guys strengths (although there aren't many)... also wait till you play some bad teams, then you can upgrade a couple players as you get some more wins.
lol its not WAY TOO EASY or EASY its hard but its harder with that team mate thanx for the tips
how do you keep posesion!!DAMMIT
try not to get separated from the pack. do short passes to your forwards and stay where you can get into a ruck quickly
Quick question about World League - do players stast improve with time, do they have development curves like PES4 when they improve to a certain age - then start to deteriorate until retirement - do players retire in Rugby 2005?
Don't be silly, this is HB Studios we're talking about.
I was thinking about making something to go with my Player Editor where you can train your team up. Or after each match you get a few stat points to spread around.
What do you reckon?
Do it man!!?? hb studios never will( still cant believe they didnt get the sack after 2004)
i was gonna start a new topic but i saw this one. i need help with world league mode.
basically i want to know about trades, i have set the trades to 5 and am playing on mdeium (easy i know but i will try something harder after)
i want to know, how in do i buy players like wilkinson or robinson or howlett. cause it says you have to get players who are unowned?
is there any way of buying owned players, at the ,moment i have bought a new fly half, a new cente and i will be buying a new srum half but i really want to know how to get superstar players like the above mentioned, can i do this in preseason (if there is one)?
cause after i have got my three players above i want to save up a lot of money to get two superstars at the end of the season.
also what does miantenance mean, i mean if a player has high maintenance (or at the end of a match it says maintenance = 11) does that take 11 of the amount of trade points you get for that match? if not what does it mean?
sorry i am new to this mode and in true ea fashion it doesn't really explain anything about the mode (unless i missed a screen or something)
plus you cant even edit your starting squad until you got right before a match which i find a bit annoying. other than thjat this mode look quite good.
thanks for anyone who helps.
If a player belongs to a club team and a national team, you have to get them from the club team.
Hope that helps.
cool thanks a lot
can anyone tell me what maintenane is all about then?
At the end of the season you have to have enough transfer points to cover the total of maintainance points, if you have any left over you can buy players in the off season.
We have another thread going regarding acquiring players in World League, here is a short list we have made up so far.
- Henry Paul (Gloucester) -Good centre and very good goal-kicker.
Cost: not much.
- Jason Robinson (England) -Ludicrously fast and great at beating people one-on-one.
Cost: Less than he should be!
- Joe Rokococo (Blues) -Great speed, playmaker, and rolls people one on one.
- Johnny Howard (Northhampton) -Good passing, strength and pace.
Cost: Only 4 Maint = nothing!
- Paul Grayson (Northampton) -Just as good at kicking as Spencer and Wilkinson, but a lot cheeper.
Cost: 58 trade, 21 maint -A lot cheaper than any other top kickers.
- Brian Lima (Samoa) -Fast and penetrating winger.
Cost: Mnt: 10ish.
- Bruce Reihana (Northampton) -Agile and very quick, Never fluffs a pass.
Cost:30 to buy, 9 maint.
- Rupeni Caucaunibuca (Fiji) -He is fast and good on one-on-ones but if you want a hands winger dont get him.
Cost:32 :Mnt about 8.
- Ignacio Corleto (Paris) -Great speed,tactial kicking and power for this fullback
- Tana Umaga (Hurricanes) -Great Centre as you all know
- Trevor Leota (Wasps) - HK -You want to win scrums? Buy him.
Cost: 28 to buy, 7 to keep.
- Ollie Smith (Leicester) - CT -Cheap, reliable, fast & phenominal hands. Bargin.
Cost: 32 to buy, 8 to keep.
- M.Edmonson (Perpignan) -He's a FH with 83 goal kicking 92 kicking, & good handling & passing.
Hope some of them suggestions help you in making your club better.
Rokococo great speed!!? Others who have the game say he is real slow (only 85 speed) so how did he make this list.
Separate names with a comma.