• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Chairman election Beaumont v Pichot.

Who do you want to be the next World Rugby chairman?

• Agustin Pichot

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Bill Beaumont

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
Beaumont pulling a FIFA special and backing 'Killer Kean' the Fijian murderer/strong man should really be enough to sink him.

If you can be ****** the letter from Pacific Rugby Players Welfare is astounding.

Attachments

• World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_1.jpg
    World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_1.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 13
  • World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_2.jpg
    World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_2.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 10
  • World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_3.jpg
    World+Council+letter-+re;+Francis+Kean+(Fiji)[3]_Page_3.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 10
Beaumont pulling a FIFA special and backing 'Killer Kean' the Fijian murderer/strong man should really be enough to sink him.

If you can be ****** the letter from Pacific Rugby Players Welfare is astounding.
That's pretty damning.

Are we sure there isn't a third option? Please?

In October 2007 he was sentenced to eighteen months imprisonment for manslaughter, after pleading guilty.[3] He was released, however, after only one week. The charges were reduced from murder to manslaughter because the only witness had been murdered.

so when can I take the fiji bar exam?

Last edited:
Maybe Lions will consider going there when Argentina consistently start challenging individual nations
That's harsh, they've got a good record against every Six Nations side apart from England, Wales, Scotland, France and Ireland.

i hadn't seen that before. I believe that he believes everything he says in that video. I also believe that there is a huge disconnect between "the heart of rugby is what happens every weekend in towns across the world" and "we need an annual national team championship."

I nominate you for World Rugby Chairman.

That's harsh, they've got a good record against every Six Nations side apart from England, Wales, Scotland, France and Ireland.
In a November series they are always **** poor and come to think of it outside RWC are nothing special. Certainly not up to Lions tour standard.

Well, there's winning and winning when it matters.

Arg vs Ire in WCs 4-1

Arg vs Sco in WCs 2-0.

Well, there's winning and winning when it matters.

Arg vs Ire in WCs 4-1

Arg vs Sco in WCs 2-0.
And as I stated. Outside RWC it's poor so no business wanting a Lions tour.

EXCLUDING RWC
Played Ireland 14.
Won 2 Lost 12.

And have a loosing record against all Nations outside RWC and including them still a bad loosing rate against all but Scotland.

Should also point Arg vs Ire is:
Played 4 times (99,03,07,15)
3-1 not 4-1

Last edited:
You are both right. Please dont take that as a jab at Ireland but rather as a defensive reaction. Nothing but respect for your lot.

Argentina doesn't make sense for a Lions tour for other reasons. Lions generally play what, 4 teams pls the national side?
The only team we have that could play them is Jaguares which is (pretty much) the national team. The could play ceibos but that would be a 40+ point dif game. We dont have the depth.
Would make more sense for us to be invited for a game when the Lions tour RSA, but i guess that would never happen. Dont see why the lions nor RSA would have any interest in that happening.

You are both right. Please dont take that as a jab at Ireland but rather as a defensive reaction. Nothing but respect for your lot.

Argentina doesn't make sense for a Lions tour for other reasons. Lions generally play what, 4 teams pls the national side?
The only team we have that could play them is Jaguares which is (pretty much) the national team. The could play ceibos but that would be a 40+ point dif game. We dont have the depth.
Would make more sense for us to be invited for a game when the Lions tour RSA, but i guess that would never happen. Dont see why the lions nor RSA would have any interest in that happening.
But that is the point. The Argentina team are just at a level of being a warm up team for test than good enough to play Lions in a 3 test environment regardless of tours.

I don't think the level of the team matters that much. Like had RSA been scheduled for 2017 it would have been a joke of a tour. The Lions is about tradition, I'm well versed in here in thinking it's massively out of date and wouldn't care if it's gone but having tours to the Americas would be ludicrous.

It does show the weakness of test rugby though, outside the five nations sides (maybe not even France) and the Tri nations sides no one cares that much. An alternative is needed but world leagues and random Lions tours arent the answer.

I have said before that I'd like biennial 4/5 team tournaments in the style of a soccer pre season tournaments with a view to growing the game.

E.g - NYC tournament: NZ, Wales, USA and Italy.
Toronto: England, Australia, Canada, Scotland
Buenos Aires/Montevideo: Argentina, Ireland, Uruguay, Japan
Cape Town: RSA, France, Namibia, Fiji

Play it over three weekends and swap tier two teams in and out and obviously switch the tier 1 orders about. It's a long shot but more productive and has more obvious growth targets (Expand to 6 teams with round robin and 3rd and 5th place play offs) while allowing the big guns rotate players in and out a bit more.

Agree with TAB that the quality of the team shouldn't matter. Should Australia be pulled from the rotation because of recent performance?

only that that matters is can the host country provide a quality tour. Right now Argentina could provide three tests and a game or two against the Jaguares, which is the same team as the pumas. Until they have enough pro teams for a 8-10 game tour they shouldn't be considered (unless they'd tour Canada, USA, Uruguay, then Argentina. Which wouldn't be the worst thing).

the best argument against Argentina in my mind is that it only comes to countries once every twelve years, pushing it to sixteen years would mean the revenue each country would get would be spread out even more. Argentina would probably be better off looking for a different source of revenue.

Rugby needed a AP was not that person not enough wanted his vision.
SH v NH devide is becoming more a huge rift.
Globally not good for game whichever was elected.
Status quo is remaining.

Latest posts