• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Sevens Series Standings

HSBC World Rugby Seven Series in London is live on ESPN+ right now. :)

Last edited:
I love Sevens, it's my favorite form of rugby. And I'm already looking forward to the Olympic games Sevens next year in Japan. :cool:

It's coming down to the final weekend in Paris to declare a World Sevens series champion. Fiji has a two point lead over the USA after this weekend's tournament in London.

As of today, Fiji and the USA have qualified for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. We'll find out what other sevens squads qualify next Sunday in Paris. :cool:

659617507DM00004_Olympic_Ga.JPG

Last edited:
As of today, Fiji and the USA have qualified for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. We'll find out what other sevens squads qualify next Sunday in Paris. :cool:

I believe New Zealand and South Africa have already qualified as well. The top 4 teams for this season's standings go through and 5th place is 22 points behind SA. If South Africa lose every single game next week they get one point and if England also win the tournament they will get 22 points. So no matter what, the top four teams has been finalised.

I believe New Zealand and South Africa have already qualified as well. The top 4 teams for this season's standings go through and 5th place is 22 points behind SA. If South Africa lose every single game next week they get one point and if England also win the tournament they will get 22 points. So no matter what, the top four teams has been finalised.

I watched the tournament stop in London over the weekend and afterwards they only announced Fiji and the USA. Then I found this article stating that New Zealand has qualified as well. But South Africa isn't mentioned with the other three countries above the USA Sevens picture (see link). I'm sure you're right, but I'm guessing South Africa's Olympic announcement won't be official until they take the pitch vs Australia in Paris this coming weekend? It's just a matter of time. :)

https://www.world.rugby/sevens-series/news/423988

Last edited:
I watched the tournament stop in London over the weekend and afterwards they only announced Fiji and the USA. Then I found this article stating that New Zealand has qualified as well. But South Africa isn't mentioned with the other three countries above the USA Sevens picture (see link). I'm sure you're right, but I'm guessing South Africa's Olympic announcement won't be official until they take the pitch vs Australia in Paris this coming weekend? It's just a matter of time. :)

Here's a source for you:
"One of our main aims at the start of the season was to make sure we qualify in the top four in order to get that automatic qualification for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games," said Powell.

"We ticked that box and we are grateful and pleased with that. It does ease the disappointment of our performances here on the second day a bit. Our match against Australia was probably our worst all season as we simply didn't play near to what we are capable of and supposed to."
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Sev...r-tokyo-2020-despite-london-struggle-20190526

Japan just beat France in Paris. That's a huge upset on Day One of the last leg of the HSBC World Sevens Series tour.

Last edited:
Good to see this Ireland side showing some depth. Bodes well for next year.

Glad to see Kelly looking dangerous.

Good to see this Ireland side showing some depth. Bodes well for next year.

Glad to see Kelly looking dangerous.

Ireland has improved a lot in a short time. I've been impressed by their play in Paris this weekend. Kenya has improved as well.

Last edited:
Winning a stage by 2021 has to be our goal surely?! This is our first finish outside the top half of a world series stage in four goes.

The USA finished 2nd this season. Now the USA is one of the top 4 teams.

Rugby Sevens at the 2020 Summer Olympics will begin on Monday, July 27 and ends on Saturday, August 1. :cool:
220px-Rugby_union_pictogram.svg.png

Last edited:

Latest posts