• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby to bring in Germany and Brazil into its HP Investment.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
www.worldrugby.org/news/214109

Surely the biggest thing about Germany should be to play the long term goal?

Invest in awareness esp at Age grades and below rugby and from that core develop senior rugby?

Could imagine rugby really taking off in Germany if it gets investment at the grassroots level.

Brazil dont know as much about unfortunately.

A good couple of countries to focus on from a financial point of view. I expect a lot of special treatment for Germany by the rugby powers. They have a very basic league and apparently almost no age group quality, so lots of scope for improvement.

Brazil also seem to be improving fast and crucially will get an annual Tier 1 fixture against Argentina as well as against decent Tier 2 sides Canada and US. So they have a clear route to improve, probably better than what is a available for similar ranked sides in Europe, Africa and the Pacific. Thanks in part to Pichot.

What exactly does this mean for us?

This should give you more of an idea:
http://www.worldrugby.org/development/development-investment?lang=en

It means that Germany (24) and Brazil (36) will come under the T2 high performance bracket. The T2 high performance bracket covers teams 10-18 that aren't in the T1 cartels... oh sorry competitions, i believe Uruguay and possibly Namibia were brought into it as well due to participating in the World Cups.

On a side note I wonder if Spain is already a part of the high performance investment as their market has shown great potential as of late in particular.

This should give you more of an idea:
http://www.worldrugby.org/development/development-investment?lang=en

It means that Germany (24) and Brazil (36) will come under the T2 high performance bracket. The T2 high performance bracket covers teams 10-18 that aren't in the T1 cartels... oh sorry competitions, i believe Uruguay and possibly Namibia were brought into it as well due to participating in the World Cups.

On a side note I wonder if Spain is already a part of the high performance investment as their market has shown great potential as of late in particular.
Thanks!

What exactly does this mean for us?

This is from 2015

High Performance
The main objectives of World Rugby's elite Game investment are to maintain and improve standards of men's 15s at both Tier One (the 10 Six Nations/Rugby Championship Unions) and Tier Two (the other 10 RWC qualified Unions) levels, with the ultimate goal of making RWC as competitive as possible. As elite rugby evolves, we are also developing initiatives for men's Sevens, women's Sevens and women's 15s. The Member Union investment programme, which is allocated through a detailed application process, focuses on ten pillars of Rugby high performance: programme management & governance, infrastructure, daily training environment, athlete welfare, sports science and sports medicine, HP coaches, HP referees, international competition plus research and innovation. Note that high performance investment is also made through World Rugby Competitions programmes.

Annual High Performance Investment 2015 (£M)
High Performance Tier One Unions (10) Investment 1.5
High Performance Tier Two Unions (10) Investment 4.6
Performance and Development Unions (4) Investment 0.6
Centralised Programmes 0.6
Total Budget 7.3

http://www.worldrugby.org/documents/high-performance

According to Spanish Rugby Union, World Rugby gives us two big yearly grants: an ordinary one (140.000£) and another one noted as "high performance" (80.000£), but I imagine it's probably a "Performance and Development" one.

Latest posts