World Tens Series 2020 in Bermuda

Al Bangor

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
United States
The 10-a-side format offers opportunities for players from both the XV and 7-a-side codes of rugby to play a new form of the sport combining the tactics of rugby 15s with 7s skills. The first round of matches in Bermuda is scheduled for October 24–25, followed by Round 2, taking place October 31–November 1. The final will be played on November 07.

Last edited:
Ohio Aviators will win this tournament handsomely.

Taylor Howden will become the American/Kiwi version of Eddie Jones and launch a coaching career that will eventually bring him to a test-level coach.

I will be streaming this tournament to watch this metamorphosis begin.

Congrats to all the hardworking players that made the competitive Ohio Aviator roster!

Taylor Howden will become the American/Kiwi version of Eddie Jones and launch a coaching career that will eventually bring him to a test-level coach.

Congrats to all the hardworking players that made the competitive Ohio Aviator roster!

Got a link to that stream for us?

I'm streaming the new World Tens Series from Bermuda and it's very good. It's rugby union with scrums, line outs, rucks and mauls, and it has some fun variations. 10 players on the pitch for each team mixing the power of 15s and the speed of 7s. They play two 10 minute halves and you have a choice of 1, 2, 3 or 5 point conversion kicks after a try. I think it will catch on quick when they expand it to 16 teams for the World tour next year. I'm already a fan of the Rhinos, the team from California. :cool:

6 teams competing in this inaugural event. There was going to be 8 teams, but travel problems due to Covid-19 kept them from participating.

Rhinos (California)
Aviators (Ohio)
Asia Pacific Dragons (Singapore)
London Royals (England)
Miami Sun (Florida)
Phoenix (Dubai)

Last edited:
Round 1 is complete and the Rhinos (California) lead. Round 2 will include a South African team (SX10) which couldn't compete this past weekend due to Covid-19 restrictions.

1603769103874.png

You may want to check the standings. They're in 4th place after round one.

Standings after round two (of three) at the World Tens Series in Bermuda.

1604363962632.png

Last edited:
Final standings after Session Two. The Third and Final session will be played this coming weekend. It was good to see SX10 from South Africa finally get to compete after a two week Covic-19 restriction.

1604502720944.png

Last edited:
Final round is over and the team from Capetown, South Africa (SX10) beat the team from Columbus, Ohio (Aviators), 21-14. It was a great championship game and tourney. :cool:

You may want to check the standings. They're in 4th place after round one.
They came one score short in the Final, and lost at the death .... I stand by prediction. Easily the most physical team down in Bermuda, just couldn't close out a lethal SX-10!

Latest posts