• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World XV to beat the all blacks

Half joking and yeah serious.

There's three looseheads there two of them are eternally crocked with one picked behind Healy for the Lions and the final one just no.

just messin with ya.
But I don't think Healy is up to that level, at least scrum-wise. Ireland sure count on him at scrum time, and he does make a fairly weak scrum for a Tier 1 nation look good some times.

EDIT: when you say "final one just no", are you saying Corbisiero doesn't belong there ?

Last edited:
just messin with ya.
But I don't think Healy is up to that level, at least scrum-wise. Ireland sure count on him at scrum time, and he does make a fairly weak scrum for a Tier 1 nation look good some times.

EDIT: when you say "final one just no", are you saying Corbisiero doesn't belong there ?

I'm saying I wouldn't have Beast ahead of him. He's the one I'd say is a level below. Healy's the best out of all of them around the pitch, he's had some excellent games vs New Zealand including doing damage to their scrum and with the like of Jones on the other side and stronger scrummaging locks it wouldn't matter too much anyway how good his scrummagging is with Ireland.

my team to beat the all blacks

1. Beast
2. Bismark du Plessis
3. Adam Jones
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Richie Gray
6. Sam Warburton (c)
7. Thierry Dusautoir
8. Louis Picamoles
9. Fourie Du Preez
10. Morne Steyn
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean De Villiers
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. George North
15. Lee Halfpenny
16. Stephen Moore
17. Guthro Steenkamp
18. Cian Healy
19. Alun Wyn Jones
20. Michael Hooper
21. Will Genia
22. Johnny Sexton
23. JP Pietersen

i know u'll disagree with me in some off my decisions but......yeah

Richie Gray is a good call but not a kid like Etzebeth, gives away too many penalties. Temper liability.
Excellent call on Dusautoir.
BoD?
Really?
What is he? 42 years old.
Lost me from there...

Richie Gray is a good call but not a kid like Etzebeth, gives away too many penalties. Temper liability.
Excellent call on Dusautoir.
BoD?
Really?
What is he? 42 years old.
Lost me from there...
brian o'driscoll maybe old but he still is a good player and he's never let age let his performance down he's been outstanding in the lions tour and played very well against the all blacks in my opinion and i can understand etzebeth i was not sure if its him or alun wyn jones

Fofana badly underrated in this thread. BOD still is a very good center, and he's got those passes and little special moments still, but he's got to make room for the newer, younger players. Fofana scores a try by beating 6 Englishmen in Twickenham, and he's added a very strong defensive dimension to his game. He was excellent against the Blacks in Paris, and had some very good individual moments against the Boks.

If JDV is one center, Fofana must be the other.

1. Cian Healy
2. Bismark Du Plessis
3. Adam Jones
4. Alun Wyn Jones
5. Paul O'Connell (Their performance in the Lions 1st test was one of the best second row performances I've seen)
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Michael Hooper
8. Louis Picamoles
9. Fourie Du Preez
10. Johnny Sexton
11. George North
12. Jean de Villiers
13. Wesley Fofana (Nearly wrote O'Driscoll out of habit :D )
14. Bryan Habana
15. Willie le Roux

16. Adriaan Strauss
17. Tendai Mtawira
18. Nicolas Mas
19. Eben Etzabeth
20. Willem Alberts
21. Morgan Parra
22. Morne Steyn (To come on just before Johnny Cash misses the winning kick :p )
23. Israel Folau

Probably not enough South African forwards starting but that bench is lethal, imagine bringing the Beast, Etzebeth and Alberts on in exchange for the three Irish players who had already beaten them up. I think that would be more effective than the other way round and it would finish the game!

1. Corbisiero
2. du Plessis
3. Figallo
4. Etzebeth
5. AWJ
6. Alberts
7. Hooper
8. Picamoles

9. du Preez
10. Sexton
11. Habana
12. JdV
13. Fofana
14. North
15. Folau

16. Strauss
17. Domingo
18. Jones
19. PO'C
20. Lobbe
21. Fotuali'i
22. BO'D
23. Halfpenny

Last edited:
1. Corbisiero
2. du Plessis
3. Figallo
4. Etzebeth
5. AWJ
6. Alberts
7. Hooper
8. Picamoles

9. du Preez
10. Sexton
11. Habana
12. JdV
13. Fofana
14. North
15. Folau

16. Strauss
17. Domingo
18. Jones
19. PO'C
20. Lobbe
21. Fotuali'i
22. BO'D
23. Halfpenny

This line-up just seems too sensible and unbiased for my humors.

Anyway.

I have always wondered what a game would look like if you put the Aussie backline behind the SA forward pack. It might be that the backs just run away from the forwards and get themselves isolated or maybe, just maybe it might be that the forwards give them the platform they've always wanted. Sure its very tempting to add a few stars from other countries but then you end up with a pure invitational team which always has that problem of not being able to gel. So, only for the sake of experimenting I'd like to through the Green and Gold together with the Gold and Green.

some sexy looking 23's on here, whew ! Give em one month together, good coach...surely they'd beat the AB at very least once in 3 tests.

And stormer yeah it would be really cool to have that. With Hooper in the forwards perhaps too: he's athletic, strong, he runs fast, is omnipresent in rucks...182cm 100kg.
And lol, a bench scrum that consists of Domingo+Strauss+Adam Jones !

I'm so looking forward to Kaino coming back in just a few short months Woohoo.
Messam has showed he is awesome coming off the bench as he did against Ireland, he made a huge impact.

some sexy looking 23's on here, whew ! Give em one month together, good coach...surely they'd beat the AB at very least once in 3 tests.

And stormer yeah it would be really cool to have that. With Hooper in the forwards perhaps too: he's athletic, strong, he runs fast, is omnipresent in rucks...182cm 100kg.
And lol, a bench scrum that consists of Domingo+Strauss+Adam Jones !

Yeah, Francois Louw has been good for SA and suits our style but TBH Hooper's been better and would fit the Rooboks better. The funny thing is I sincerely think some of our backs are better and would for a certainty have Habana on the left wing; imagine what he could do afforded some space for once! I'd be sorely tempted to bring in both JdV and FdP as well... but I'll let it go for the sake of balance and keeping the Aus backline 'mojo' in tact. I would pay good money to see this line-up take on NZ in any location;

1 Tendai Mtawarira
2 Bismarck du Plessis
3 Brian Mujati or an on form Jannie du Plessis
4 Bakkies Botha
5 Eben Etzebeth
6 Willem Alberts
7 Michael Hooper
8 Duane Vermeulen
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Bryan Habana
12 Christian Lealiifano... I just realised I have no idea what the actual 1st choice Aussie backline actually looks like..
13 Adam Ashley Cooper
14 James O'Connor
15 Israel Folau

16 Adriaan Strauss
17 Guthro Steenkamp
18 Coenie Oosthuizen
19 Flip van der Merwe
20 Scott Higginbotham
21 Fourie du Preez
22 Kurtley Beale
23 Jean de Villiers

So what would they be called, the Wallaboks ? The Springtralians ? Or how about their actual name is the "South African forwards and Australian backs with a couple of exceptions".
That would be one formidable squad.

And yeh, same here. With people coming and going, I couldn't tell you what their 11-15 positions are !...this year has been one gigantic roller coaster for them, and what an unbelievably untimely year to have hosted the Lions. It's like God wanted the latter to finally win a series, seriously. The Lions would've had more trouble in France last summer, not to mention SA or far from me the thought of touring NZ in 2013.

The only team that could beat NZ;
15. Spiderman
14. Mr T
13. Ironman
12. Batman
11. Wonderwoman
10. Captain America
9. John McClane
8. Hulk
7. Macho Man Randy Savage
6. The Thing
5. Darth Vader
4. He Man
3. Pop-eye (on spinach)
2. Wolverine
1. Beast

Pretty decent line up (though I, too, question Mr. T in the 14 jersey). Love - just LOVE - McClane at scrumhalf! Per-freakin'-fect! :D

Just for funsies (and since I doubt any human line up can beat the ABs at this point), I'll go with an all-Marvel line up (keeping some of your choices in the mix)...

1. Beast
2. Wolverine
3. Thing
4. Colossus
5. Cable
6. Punisher
7. Luke Cage
8. Hulk
9. Gambit
10. Captain America
11. Deadpool
12. Nightcrawler
13. Ironman
14. Thor
15. Spiderman

16. Dark Beast
17. Juggernaut
18. Sabretooth
19. Deathlok
20. Captain Britain
21. T'Challa (Black Panther)
22. Silver Surfer
23. Quicksilver

I'm torn between Wolverine and Beast as hooker/prop - Beast has more mobility and longer arms, making him a great hooker material, but Wolverine is good in that position, too, and not sure his small stature (dudes...he's only 5' 3") would be right for a prop. And you're probably right, Beast would make a better loosehead. Just not sure about Wolverine in the lineout - he's so short I imagine him popping the first guy right in the face with the ball. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now...

Thing definitely gets switched to prop.

For the locks, I went with a couple of the tallest - and strongest - heroes. Good in the lineouts (@ over 7' armored Colossus doesn't even require lifting), power in the scrums.

For flankers, I went with good fighters and good tacticians, figuring they'd be good at turning the ball over in the tackle. I put Cage on the openside because I feel he's the more physically intimidating of the two - someone that might just scare the beejeebees out of those big Maoris.

#8 is a no-brainer.

Gambit as scrumhalf - he's small and agile and knows how to throw/pass accurately. That, plus he's got the hands and mind of a thief, so plucking the ball out of a ruck or scrum will be a piece of cake for him.

I, too, have to go with Cap as the boot man here. His accuracy with the shield suggests similar accuracy with the boot, and he's both a great leader and a great strategist. He would also be my team captain.

The rest of the backs are pretty self-explanatory: speed and agility, with good defensive skills as well. I simply had to add Deadpool for his twisted wit, and Thor just for the hair. ;)

As for the replacements I mixed it up a bit, adding some questionable characters and even a villain (or two - depending on your perspective) in the forwards, along with some extraordinary speed in the backs. If the game is going south, an unforgiving forward pack - tempered by Captain Britain to avoid unnecessary penalties - coupled with inhuman speed in the backs just might be what's needed to turn the game around.*

*waits for Big E to poo-poo my choices, and then to tell me I'm not playing the game right, and then to say something rude...and then to apologize, then not apologize, then - in the end - admit that I'm right. God, I just love that guy... :)

das

Last edited:

Latest posts