• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World's best scrum half

<div class='quotemain'> On form it's Du Preez followed by Peel.

Currently it's Mike Blair followed by Ellisalde. [/b]

Is this the Ellisalde who has been playing fly-half for his club? :wacko: Somehow he then doesn't come into this talk about the World's best scrum-half. He might have played scrum-half but he is now mainly an out-half since Kelleher joined Toulouse.

[/b][/quote]

He played at fly half because all of the others fly halves in Toulouse team were injured, and he played one half of the season and the 6 Nations as a scrum half. With the arrival of Michalak and Skrela next year, no doubt that he will not be a N°10 anymore... he has a great vision but he's too light for the job IMO.

Aside that, same thing as everybody : Since the last RWC, Fourie Du Preez is the top dog. Elissalde is very solid too. Mike Blair did an excellent 6 Nations and Burgress impressed me in the Tri Nations games so far...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Atm the World's best scrum-half is Enrico Januarie.
[/b]
<_< Wut? :unsure:
[/b][/quote]
My thoughts exactly. [/b][/quote]

I said at the moment he is the world's best scrum half. On his form and the opposition he played against he is one of a few scrum-halves who have been put through tough games, and he played well.

I'm not sure, but as a Wallaby fan, I'm just glad Gregan retired...

He was staying in the side as a leader, not a player, and just incase he happened to pull something big out..If Whittaker didn't move to Japan, He would have been Wallaby scrum half the last two years!

For a guy behind a pack going backwards it has to be Blair, the likes of Du Preez and Cowan are superb but they always get armchair rides behind the best packs.

Du Preez for sure when he is in form... (As we could see yesterday when he only played for 30mins replacing the capable Januarie, made him look VERY average)..

I quite like Mike Phillips too...

I'm not sure, but as a Wallaby fan, I'm just glad Gregan retired...

He was staying in the side as a leader, not a player, and just incase he happened to pull something big out..If Whittaker didn't move to Japan, He would have been Wallaby scrum half the last two years!
[/b]
eh whitaker has been playin for leinster for the last 2 years <_<

A scrum-half needs excellent vision and passing. great acceleration to attack the fringes is also very useful. As much as i hate Gregan, i thought he was a great scrumhalf.

Gregan was pretty slow though, but in his prime theres no question lil George was the best.

Gregan was pretty slow though, but in his prime theres no question lil George was the best. [/b]

Apart from every time Dawson made him look like an idiot...

<div class='quotemain'> Gregan was pretty slow though, but in his prime theres no question lil George was the best. [/b]

Apart from every time Dawson made him look like an idiot...
[/b][/quote]
amen.

Latest posts