• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge

Not a cat in hell's chance.

I once cycled across the Kessock Bridge in Inverness in a howling gale. Totally terrifying, the railings were only waist high and I really thought I was about to fly off into the water still clipped in. When I say cycled I rode about 100 metres and walked the rest of it. The much bigger Forth Bridge was fine, the cycle lane's totally enclosed, but my life really flashed before my eyes in Inverness.

I've had a fear of heights for as long as I can remember. But whenever I see a bridge I force myself to cross it on foot or by car. It doesn't seem to help because I still get scared. So I'll keep trying.

@RugbyUSA I have a terrible fear of heights as well)) the most scary (for my fear of heights at least) thing I've ever done was "Sydney tower skywalk", try to google it .And I did it in the evening, so it was even more scary :D I dream about "dinner in the sky" now :D here are some photos : http://www.totalevents.pl/#

I've had a fear of heights for as long as I can remember. But whenever I see a bridge I force myself to cross it on foot or by car. It doesn't seem to help because I still get scared. So I'll keep trying.
monkey bridge GIF

@RugbyUSA I have a terrible fear of heights as well)) the most scary (for my fear of heights at least) thing I've ever done was "Sydney tower skywalk", try to google it .And I did it in the evening, so it was even more scary :D I dream about "dinner in the sky" now :D here are some photos : http://www.totalevents.pl/#
I don't need to Google it, I did it too but during the day. Then I took the ferry boat ride around the bay afterwards so I could look up at the bridge from water level. What a day! :cool:

Last edited:
I don't need to Google, I did it too but during the day. Then I took the ferry boat ride around the bay afterwards so I could look up at the bridge from water level. What a day!
Same!! But ferry boat ride was before :) I just love night city views that's why decided to go there in the evening :D

@RugbyUSA do you have aerophobia as well then?

Same!! But ferry boat ride was before :) I just love night city views that's why decided to go there in the evening :D

@RugbyUSA do you have aerophobia as well then?
No, airplanes don't bother me at all. That's strange considering my history with bridges, but I've never felt nervous on an airplane. And I've been on a lot of them big and small.

Last edited:

Latest posts