Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Jonathan Sexton

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Frederic Michalac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
IMO I dont think there is a second best flyhalf in the world at the moment. D.C I believe is the best because of his overall ability, he ticks many of the positive boxes for what you want from a first five.

The next best are fairly even and they dont quite have a rounded performance as DC has. I see a lot of Cruden but I havent seen Sexton and the others so I cant just say Cruden despite him playing really well, in saying that Quades also playing well to the extent I cant say one is better than the other.

For me D.C is clear cut numero uno. Can I say the 2nd best is clear cut 2nd best?...no I cant. Dont get me wrong though, those who are 2nd are not too far from D.C so its all pretty close.

Last edited:
I like how well Tameifuna strikes that kick. It doesn't just flop over, it clears the posts very comfortably.

Last edited:
Yeah I know sorry miss worded that one a little bit i'm basically trying to say that people like him are why that miss conception can exist and saying i'm glad we have knowledgeable and insightful members from across the world.

Knowledge is only of how much you know. Someone who knows just as much do not make him knowledgeable and any one who shares a different view is not ignorant nor a idiot. My fellow countryman trying to prove that he is not the typical generalized Saffer by calling another Saffer a idiot. Don't know how that work but luckily I do understand more or less and are use to it. Normally two things will trigger your typical Bulls fan. Disagreeing with them because anyone who do not support the Bulls in SA or have not won two Super Rugby trophies know nothing about rugby. That is their mindset but I am generalizing so lets disqualify that one.

The other reason is because I made a remark about Morne Steyn. The darling of Loftus. Crime in Pretoria to insult a Blue Bulls no 10. But the problem in South Africa with most fans are they seem to watch everything with their bias glasses on. If a team scores lot of tries the 10 is great. If not the 10 is not good enough. Look at the Jantjies situation. They seem to think he will get the Stormers to score a bundle of tries. But they are basically ball watching.

In 2009 the Bulls won Super Rugby. They beat Crusaders in the semi final and smashed the Chiefs in the final. Steyn seemed to be in form and top of his game. Bulls scored a lot of tries and "the Steyn is class" bandwagon rolled on. But in fact it was Steyn standing deep on quickball and on slow ball hiding behind one of thee best tactical kickers and guys with vision in the modern game. That was Fourie Du Preez. I will refer you to this for some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ASPRdlSRQ

On 1:00 mark. Steyn standing deep pop to Spies into a Crusaders wall. If you look few seconds on Steyn deep again into Crusaders wall recycle Du Preez flat pass Habana coming through the middle through a hole try for the Bulls

On 2:57 Pass to Steyn pop to Spies into Crusader wall who through it wild back for Du Preez flat pass to Steyn who dummied Crashed into Crusader wall recycle recycle Du Preez flat pass to Kirschener who was in a hole who drew his man Ndugane score another try for the Bulls.

On 4:32 chip kick by Crusaders Du Preez read it nicley tracks back catches it and flat pass to Spies on a angle who motorboat through Crusaders defense for another Bulls try.

vs Chiefs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfhnNvodnw

1 st try Du Preez quick trap try.
2nd try for Bulls scored by Du Preez after Steyn was scragged and fling it into inside see a hole and toe to the line.
3rd try for Bulls. The commentator Stransky said the vision of Matfield who was hanging in the backline and passed it to Du Preez who put a neat grubber through which Habana ran onto and scored. He made something out of nothing yet again. Who gets the credit? Matfield.

SA vs Australia in Perth 2009.
1st try Du Preez.
3rd and 4th try from a Du Preez up and under and from a flat ball from Du Preez to Habana running through in midfield.
2nd test vs Lions both tries from set plays made by Du Preez.

What happened when Du Preez left? Steyn suddenly seemed out of form and lacked serious vision? Coincidence? No. South Africa's form went with Du Preez as well.

As for the 2nd remark about Donald. It is common knowledge that the Kiwi's do not have the money to keep their stars in NZ. So they use something else as a carrot. A contract and the possibility to get a chance to play for NZ. a Great honor and the dream of many. Only managed by the elite. Something that not any other team or country on the planet can do because they lost that exclusive and elite stamp the day when they decided to give any Tom Dick and Harry a international cap.

Now we are in 2013 talking about a list of 10's of 2013 and here you are referring to a guy who played for NZ in 2011 and then left the country for money. So the Carrot was not hold in front of of him anymore which says that NZ considered him not good enough to represent them hence he moved over to England. Put 1 + 1 together and you will get your answer.

Furthermore I note your Irish so off course cause I mentioned NH Sexton is included. Well Sexton will look only as good as his pack allowed him to be. Coming back to my first remark. Irish pack is not a monster pack like they used to and NZ could play their 5th choice flyhalf and he would look better than Sexton behind a losing pack. Like I said even Dan Carter had a bad game behind on what chances do Sexton have?

Carter, Cruden, Slade, Barrett, Bleyendaal, Anscombe just some of the Kiwi's 10 they have in stock. Don't know who they still got coming through which is scary. But unlike here where we are working against each other NZ make sure that their top 150 guys play Super Rugby and divide the pool evenly. By us a injury crisis we have to import Canadians and we suppose to have a massive player pool. Tells one a lot.

So there you have my ignorant idiotic reasons from your typical Saffer

Knowledge is only of how much you know. Someone who knows just as much do not make him knowledgeable and any one who shares a different view is not ignorant nor a idiot. My fellow countryman trying to prove that he is not the typical generalized Saffer by calling another Saffer a idiot. Don't know how that work but luckily I do understand more or less and are use to it. Normally two things will trigger your typical Bulls fan. Disagreeing with them because anyone who do not support the Bulls in SA or have not won two Super Rugby trophies know nothing about rugby. That is their mindset but I am generalizing so lets disqualify that one.

The other reason is because I made a remark about Morne Steyn. The darling of Loftus. Crime in Pretoria to insult a Blue Bulls no 10. But the problem in South Africa with most fans are they seem to watch everything with their bias glasses on. If a team scores lot of tries the 10 is great. If not the 10 is not good enough. Look at the Jantjies situation. They seem to think he will get the Stormers to score a bundle of tries. But they are basically ball watching.

In 2009 the Bulls won Super Rugby. They beat Crusaders in the semi final and smashed the Chiefs in the final. Steyn seemed to be in form and top of his game. Bulls scored a lot of tries and "the Steyn is class" bandwagon rolled on. But in fact it was Steyn standing deep on quickball and on slow ball hiding behind one of thee best tactical kickers and guys with vision in the modern game. That was Fourie Du Preez. I will refer you to this for some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ASPRdlSRQ

On 1:00 mark. Steyn standing deep pop to Spies into a Crusaders wall. If you look few seconds on Steyn deep again into Crusaders wall recycle Du Preez flat pass Habana coming through the middle through a hole try for the Bulls

On 2:57 Pass to Steyn pop to Spies into Crusader wall who through it wild back for Du Preez flat pass to Steyn who dummied Crashed into Crusader wall recycle recycle Du Preez flat pass to Kirschener who was in a hole who drew his man Ndugane score another try for the Bulls.

On 4:32 chip kick by Crusaders Du Preez read it nicley tracks back catches it and flat pass to Spies on a angle who motorboat through Crusaders defense for another Bulls try.

vs Chiefs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfhnNvodnw

1 st try Du Preez quick trap try.
2nd try for Bulls scored by Du Preez after Steyn was scragged and fling it into inside see a hole and toe to the line.
3rd try for Bulls. The commentator Stransky said the vision of Matfield who was hanging in the backline and passed it to Du Preez who put a neat grubber through which Habana ran onto and scored. He made something out of nothing yet again. Who gets the credit? Matfield.

SA vs Australia in Perth 2009.
1st try Du Preez.
3rd and 4th try from a Du Preez up and under and from a flat ball from Du Preez to Habana running through in midfield.
2nd test vs Lions both tries from set plays made by Du Preez.

What happened when Du Preez left? Steyn suddenly seemed out of form and lacked serious vision? Coincidence? No. South Africa's form went with Du Preez as well.

As for the 2nd remark about Donald. It is common knowledge that the Kiwi's do not have the money to keep their stars in NZ. So they use something else as a carrot. A contract and the possibility to get a chance to play for NZ. a Great honor and the dream of many. Only managed by the elite. Something that not any other team or country on the planet can do because they lost that exclusive and elite stamp the day when they decided to give any Tom Dick and Harry a international cap.

Now we are in 2013 talking about a list of 10's of 2013 and here you are referring to a guy who played for NZ in 2011 and then left the country for money. So the Carrot was not hold in front of of him anymore which says that NZ considered him not good enough to represent them hence he moved over to England. Put 1 + 1 together and you will get your answer.

Furthermore I note your Irish so off course cause I mentioned NH Sexton is included. Well Sexton will look only as good as his pack allowed him to be. Coming back to my first remark. Irish pack is not a monster pack like they used to and NZ could play their 5th choice flyhalf and he would look better than Sexton behind a losing pack. Like I said even Dan Carter had a bad game behind on what chances do Sexton have?

Carter, Cruden, Slade, Barrett, Bleyendaal, Anscombe just some of the Kiwi's 10 they have in stock. Don't know who they still got coming through which is scary. But unlike here where we are working against each other NZ make sure that their top 150 guys play Super Rugby and divide the pool evenly. By us a injury crisis we have to import Canadians and we suppose to have a massive player pool. Tells one a lot.

So there you have my ignorant idiotic reasons from your typical Saffer

Ok so in this post you've proved to me that your not what I probably harshly labeled you as. I don't necessarily agree with you but you've presented good arguments rather then just because they're from the Southern hemisphere they're better.

Loving all the biased Irishmen here. Quade Cooper, when he's on form, just destroys teams. He's a confidence player and it looks like he's regaining it now.

Loving all the biased Irishmen here. Quade Cooper, when he's on form, just destroys teams. He's a confidence player and it looks like he's regaining it now.

Yeah so biased.:rolleyes:

Sexton's obviously never taken a team apart and Cooper hasn't been on proper form for two years.

Cooper on form would be close, but he isn't on form enough (and hasn't really been on form in a few years), so I don't think you can really give it to him.

If O'Connor moves permanently to 10 i can definitely see him being a top three in the world if he sticks to the position in the coming years. Also have a fear that he could be instrumental in defeating the lions with his all round skills as a utility back. I'd probably prefer Barnes to play 10 as i see him as less of an attacking threat at the moment.

Last edited:

That makes as much sense as someone claiming Priestland is the second best in the world. He was probably the best 10 in the World Cup, and according to you it doesn't matter that he's been sh*t ever since!

Ok so in this post you've proved to me that your not what I probably harshly labeled you as. I don't necessarily agree with you but you've presented good arguments rather then just because they're from the Southern hemisphere they're better.
No not at all I am saying because he is from the North. Because he plays most of the time behind a weaker pack which makes it hard for him to show his real class. People tend to praise those a lot who have the luxury of receiving front foot ball all the time and are skeptical of those who receives ball under pressure the whole time. At times they disappear from a game. Quade Cooper is one example of guy who goes completely missing when his forwards get mauled.

Latest posts