• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worse players of the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to start with Kieran Read - The best number 8 in the world has had a shocker and not looked himself at all, didn't have a good SR or RC and has carried that form into the RWC and actually gotten worse. He's running high and can't catch a cold and uncharacteristically missing crucial tackles, one thing he has done well is win some turn overs, but over all he gets my number 1 vote for worst tournament. I really hope he steps up in the final, I can't fault his effort, just his form, he's a great guy and player and will always give his all, but we will really need him to step up vs a strong Wallys loose forward trio.

I was sadly thinking the same thing when I saw this thread...

and I wondered if it isn't the head knock(s) he suffered last year?

did he ever really recover from it... he has not been himself this year... far from it...

Read on form is something else...

How about we all vote for Kiwi_ and then close this meaningless thread.
+1

A thread just designed to cause meaningless ****storm. Seriously what good will come from calling another teams players rubbish?

Mike Brown?
Sam Burgess?

Of the wholly disappointing England campaign I have to say those were two guys that did rather well. Brown was often our best player on the pitch and Burgess did an awful lot better than many thought. Held his own against Wales when many thought he wouldn't stand a chance.

From England I would have to nominate Brad Barritt, why on earth Slade wasn't given a go I will never know. After him you'd have to look to Robshaw, in the 6 Nations he was an absolute tackling machine, but this World Cup wasn't the same performance, and the match against Australia highlighted his lack of ability at the breakdown.

From a Wales perspective its can only be Alex Cuthbert. Its such a shame as he has the tools to be, and has been, a top quality finisher. He looks bereft of all form and confidence. Hopefully he can go back to the Blues, get himself back playing regularly and scoring regularly and come back to the National team firing on all cylinders

For me SA will be Victor Matfield. In the first instance, Victor should not even be selected (I don't see him last one full game in Super 15 this season). Not sure why HM insists to bring him!!! There are so many better lock back in SA!!! Gosh.

And for All Blacks will be Crockett. Named in the 1st starting line up for FRANCE and gotten injured in the first half. In the first instance, Crockett should not be named in this WC. His performance during Super 15 is terrible this year.

But to be fair, this is the best level some of the players can contribute because in the first instance they should not be here at the WC. There are many better players back home.!!!!

No the most despicable thing I have ever seen is what happened to Brian O'Driscoll on the lions tour, truly disgusting! very irrelevant but your comment made me think about it!

Are you sure? It was pretty bad, but I think the Burger gouging was pretty bad, compounded by Peter de Villiers stating it was a 'part of rugby'.

From a Wales perspective its can only be Alex Cuthbert. Its such a shame as he has the tools to be, and has been, a top quality finisher. He looks bereft of all form and confidence. Hopefully he can go back to the Blues, get himself back playing regularly and scoring regularly and come back to the National team firing on all cylinders

I thought he performed close to his peak this World Cup.
Maybe that's because I think he is terrible. He is just a bad version of Chris Ashton.

If I had to niminate anyone, it would have to be the Australia front row. They've spent the last two weeks in reverse.

I thought he performed close to his peak this World Cup.
Maybe that's because I think he is terrible. He is just a bad version of Chris Ashton.

Only if you don't rate him as a player. To me is far better than what he showed and I think he knows that himself.

Assuming OP meant worst not worse, wouldn't every player mentioned thus far walk into the Uruguay side? If so, how can they be the worst in the tournament?

Assuming OP meant worst not worse, wouldn't every player mentioned thus far walk into the Uruguay side? If so, how can they be the worst in the tournament?
Because its designed to cause meaningless arguments?

I think most disappointing would be more app.

Well for England it must be Barritt and Robshaw. Barritt because he is just crap and Robshaw because he cannot do the tasks a 7 needs to do, he also looked worn out on account of having no games off in the last 4 years.

Well for England it must be Barritt and Robshaw. Barritt because he is just crap and Robshaw because he cannot do the tasks a 7 needs to do, he also looked worn out on account of having no games off in the last 4 years.
Didn't he get the Lions tour off (wasn't selected for Argentina tour if I remember rightly)?

Are you sure? It was pretty bad, but I think the Burger gouging was pretty bad, compounded by Peter de Villiers stating it was a 'part of rugby'.

Eye gouging is disgusting I agree, I have still never seen a moment of such horrific intent to harm as the O'Drisscol incident. And as stated earlier those who were involved never served their punishment.

To nominate Irish players -

Keith Earls and Cian Healy disappointed imo.

The Irish team were strong until the QF, it's hard to pinpoint exactly who was the weakest link. Earls fumbled pass in the France game and his whole QF game stood out to me, and Healy never really seemed to get going.

I haven't followed enough of the other pool matches to really comment.

To nominate Irish players -

Keith Earls and Cian Healy disappointed imo.

The Irish team were strong until the QF, it's hard to pinpoint exactly who was the weakest link. Earls fumbled pass in the France game and his whole QF game stood out to me, and Healy never really seemed to get going.

I haven't followed enough of the other pool matches to really comment.

What about SOB? Great games but then let everyone down with that cheap shot.

Hey! That's what I said!

Wigglesworth for England. Dropped the ball on that last line out in the Wales game. Totally unforgivable! Should not be playing international rugby if his basics are so poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts