• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Actor

Watched "Heat" the old cop thriller with Pacino and DeNero recently and have discovered what I think is the worst piece of acting in a major movie. The scene is where Pacino goes into a club and meets his grass`s brother who has some information for him. The guy he meets is Tone Loc ( not sure about the spelling) who used to be a rapper. I urge you all to view this scene as it should once and for all put this thread to bed with a winner(loser?)

someone has to make a bad keane reeves joke in the worst actor thread surely...
[/b]

The only decent (not saying much overall) performance I've seen of Reeves would be him in A Scanner Darkly, where he was "rotoscopically" animated. Face it, the guy's just stiff and boring as bat ****.

i liked speed. and a couple of other ones, but matirix really killed his carrer. too many fanboys, too nerdy.

I watched Speed and then Constantine straight after it, and have changed my decision from Steven Segal to Keanu Reeves

jim carrey, i have always hated him.

also ben stiller, totally unfunny and too much over the top :)

i really like jim carry. hes a comedy actor who is silly, but not stupid. and best of all, he is as he acts in real life. you just cant go past ace ventura.

ace_ventura_ballerina.jpg

i really like jim carry. hes a comedy actor who is silly, but not stupid. and best of all, he is as he acts in real life. you just cant go past ace ventura.

[/b]

gonna have to agree on this one. jim carrey is amazing imo

:D

I agree with woosaah.

Ben Stiller is terrible. He attempts to be funny but quite simply tries too hard. Sometimes its embarrassing to watch!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

gonna have to agree on this one. jim carrey is amazing imo

:D
[/b][/quote]

Ace Ventura series, Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber Jim Carrey = class.

Anything else by Jim Carrey = crap.

Can't agree on bruce almighty :s Was one of the most irritating films I saw that year. Don't know what year it was, but Jennifer Aniston also 'qstarred' in it.

For that matter, why not broaden the category a bit and add actresses in this discussion?

I dislike Jennifer Aniston in most things I see her in on the big screen, not because she's a bad actress in any of them, but just because it's all the same, it's like she's on auto-pilot. Which can get annoying after half a film. Same goes for Sandra Bullock in my opinion.

There was also one scene by I can't remember who in I can't remember what that made me throw a pillow at the television. Didn't break anything, but it seems that the particular bit was so bad that it's been erased from my memory for ever.

And Salma Hayek in Bandidas (add penelope Cruz too). Even though I like her in most things she does, she was awful in that one! I know she got a razzie for Dogma, but I didn't think it was as Bad as in Bandidas.

I saw a bit of Brad Stoker's Dracula a few weeks ago,and Keanu Reeves starred in it. Until then, I hadn't really seen him in a movie with him in where I was at an age where I could appreciate good acting. His horrifying stiffness and emotionless voice really ruined the effect the movie was meant to have. Listening to his voice reading out the messages he sends his wife from Translvania to London is Hell!
HELL!

I'm trying to remember what I saw Reeves in, I think I've seen Speed (didn't think it was that bad), The Matrix (as stated before, his way of acting was okay in that) and sequels, a film I forgot the ***le of where he plays a serial killer, (same performance, he's bad at depicting a psychopath, forgot how it ended) the lake house (he wasn't too bad in that one, but maybe I'm just a sucker for a happy ending) and Constantine (I think his acting wasn't the only bad thing about that one).

But if it's between Cruise, Cage and him, Cage wins.

I also thought he was good in Speed, as was Sandra Bullock, the actress who you dislike. :p I think she won an Oscar for her role in Speed, didn't she? Anyway, moving on....yes, Cage sucks.

What's his name in Harry Potter is an absolute joke.. Daniel Radcliffe that's it..

Jim Carey in the Cable Guy is excellent and I thought Tom Cruise was brilliant in Collateral (spelling)

Didn't say I disliked her in everything :p I like her in the net, speed, and the lake house. But her act doesn't work in just any film xD

Watch Murder by Numbers.

Even considering he was a kid when he started out as Harry Potter, I think everyone who's seen the films and isn't a screaming fan girl must agree that he was cast purely by coincidence. I got the feeling he was getting slightly better with each film they made, though I haven't seen the most recent one.

I can't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it anymore due to his 'Sciency' Tendencies. He's just too much of a weirdo to take seriously in any role.

Xenu would be upset with me...i know....but it's my perrogative!!

Latest posts