• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst beer you've ever had

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
I said "beer" as you've noticed, so Corona of course doesn't count.

I've had the Al Maza, Lebanese, pretty terrible. The last I remember of Fosters was pretty awful, though I've been to Aussie once and the local brews were surprisingly good. + 1 aussies.
Heineken is some pretty bad stuff in can. It's mmmm, ok as draught. Really diluted, very commercial tasting...reminds me of a mix between actual beer and water.....just pretty bad, def worth a mention here.

Stella Artois is also a disaster, but it serves its purpose. Producing beer for and to sell to ppl who don't really like beer...

I had Labatte Bleu in Québec, and it was pretty bad too.

Any notable cringes you'd care to share after what you thought would be a nice gulp of fresh, quality beer ?

Mythos (Greek beer) is the worst I've tried. And in many tavernas in the Greek islands, it's the only beer they've got.

holsten pils

we came to the conclusion that it wasnt bad enough to stop drinking it but so bad it made drinking it thoroughly unenjoyable

Carling.

I can handle Fosters and other common pisswaters of that ilk, but Carling is simply disgusting.

Last edited:
I said "beer" as you've noticed, so Corona of course doesn't count.

I've had the Al Maza, Lebanese, pretty terrible. The last I remember of Fosters was pretty awful, though I've been to Aussie once and the local brews were surprisingly good. + 1 aussies.
Heineken is some pretty bad stuff in can. It's mmmm, ok as draught. Really diluted, very commercial tasting...reminds me of a mix between actual beer and water.....just pretty bad, def worth a mention here.

Stella Artois is also a disaster, but it serves its purpose. Producing beer for and to sell to ppl who don't really like beer...

I had Labatte Bleu in Québec, and it was pretty bad too.

Any notable cringes you'd care to share after what you thought would be a nice gulp of fresh, quality beer ?

Awful stuff.

Agree about Labattes but when I was in Canada I preferred it to the universally crap Budwieser which is like drinking ****.

Fosters is awful just plain awful.

Just enjoying a lovely big bottle of Singha that brings back huge memories of nights in the Fullerton Ice Bar in Singapore.............not the worst but who cares!!

Amstel. Awful stuff, would rather drink Mythos than Amstel (I used to spend a lot of time in Greece).
Agree on the Labatts v Budweiser as well. I usually drink Labatts Blue when I'm in Canada, as any decent European stuff is twice the price, and I'm sure the barrels for budweiser are situated under the urinals for rapid refills.

They actually market Stella as an upmarket beer in the states.

Stella is actually a very excellent lager and in Belgium is drunk in small amounts and served slowly (poured and allowed to settle before topping up) but in the UK its served like normal bog standard lager in pints so you end up with a strong very gassy pint that makes Chavs beat up their girlfriends. To serve good continental lager you need to treat it like a good English ale or Irish stout and take you time something most lager drinkers cannot grasp.

Anything in a can, **** cans.

I concur.

Not a fan of Carlsberg on tap. However I suspect some places buy older stock, which is close to its sell by date, on the cheap. Anyone who's been to In on the Pier in Aberystwyth agree? Their pints of Carlsberg taste like sh*t!

Had this incredibly ****ty Quebecois beer in Montreal. Surprised it was deemed fit for human consumption. Awful stuff.

I concur.

Not a fan of Carlsberg on tap. However I suspect some places buy older stock, which is close to its sell by date, on the cheap. Anyone who's been to In on the Pier in Aberystwyth agree? Their pints of Carlsberg taste like sh*t!

I'm not a fan of Carlsberg either, but I am more likely to blame the piers equipment in this case. It was probably installed in the 60's! I'm living up here on a placement and I the pier makes me feel like I've had a trip in the tardis.

Be grateful none of you live in the States. Moving from England it's been a painful experience.

Natty Light is the bane of my drinking life.

PS: To be fair, the smaller American breweries actually put out some good beers

They actually market Stella as an upmarket beer in the states.

Yeah same here.

To be fair to our North American(and Oz) beers which are being trashed quite a bit on here they are designed for totally different consumption than in Europe. No one particularly wants a thick stout on a day that feels like 40 C outside. Nor would a bar serve beer at room temprature unless it wanted the glasses and bottles thrown back at their servers.

Yeah same here.

To be fair to our North American(and Oz) beers which are being trashed quite a bit on here they are designed for totally different consumption than in Europe. No one particularly wants a thick stout on a day that feels like 40 C outside. Nor would a bar serve beer at room temprature unless it wanted the glasses and bottles thrown back at their servers.

True but I remember asking a guy is a supermarket in Florida which was his strongest beer and he said Heinekin.................all the US ones were like drinking pop!

Latest posts