• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Ever All Black XV

F

fcukernaut

Who's you squad of players who never should have made it to the show? The rule is they must have played at least 1 game for the All Blacks.

1. Campbell Johnstone
3. Taumaupeau
4. Kevin O'Neil
5. Dion Waller
6. Steven Bates
7. Sam Harding
8. Sam Broomhall
9. Kevin Senio
10. David Hill
11. Caleb Ralph
12. Paul Steinmetz
13. Nathan Mauger
14. Scott Hamilton
15. Ben Blair

I can't really think of a hooker in the last 10-15 years who hasn't earned his spot at the top level. Even Corry Flynn earned his caps and deserved them. I also have a feeling that Campbell Johnstone will play his way off this list some time during his career.

When you look at the history of the All Blacks you can bet there are worse players to have donned the jersey, but from the last 10-15 years you have managed to put together a reasonably awful team.

They'd still do alright on a tour of Britain, Ireland and France, lol. Even now, past their "prime".

Kevin O'neill.

Hes only had one test... And he didnt play that bad. What about Paul ***o?

I love how every New Zealander is ashamed of Scott Hamilton and Caleb Ralph. It's so funny. They have these "Why am i here, i'm useless faces?"

I think every country has these hated players... I always thought Paul ***o was a useless player that would never amount to anything. Ha Ha Ha.

how bought you fill that number 2 void with sean fitzpatrick :p

*puts on flame suit*

ben atiga 2mins vs tonga wc 03 only touch was a knock on

stephen donald hopefully that pathetic appearance on the weekend will be his last

Mark Mayerhoffler anyone?

facepalm.jpg

I think Troy Flavell has to fit in there somewhere. Not on the basis on performance, but on the basis of a terrible disciplinary record. While he was playing in Japan, he chalked up something like 21 yellow cards.

I love how every New Zealander is ashamed of Scott Hamilton and Caleb Ralph. It's so funny. They have these "Why am i here, i'm useless faces?"

I think every country has these hated players... I always thought Paul ***o was a useless player that would never amount to anything. Ha Ha Ha.
[/b]
:
It displays the difference in class between the 2 hemispheres that ***o is excelling at Cardiff Blues... :/

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
:
It displays the difference in class between the 2 hemispheres that ***o is excelling at Cardiff Blues... :/
[/b][/quote]

I always thought ***o was a decent player and did well in NZ, definitely not international material though.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
:
It displays the difference in class between the 2 hemispheres that ***o is excelling at Cardiff Blues... :/ [/b][/quote]

More the different styles of play suited to different conditions; eg. Rico Gear was utterly-below average last season at Worcester.

Doesn't count for much - Varndell scores some good tries, he's still utter shite though.

I always thought Gear was a very clinical and textbook finisher.

Not much flair like the rest, but got the job done.

It's surprising how little I heard about Gear last season. Apparently he scored quite a few tries, he is an excellent finisher no doubting that. I seem to remember the Rugby Club banging on about a wonder try he scored in the Parker Pen Challenge wharreva it's called these days Cup....... against Dinamo Buchuresti....

some players do well in S14/GP but just can't step up to international level: ralph for example. You need that extra something.

***o was excellent in S14 and NPC and it is no surprise he is doing well for Cardiff. He doesn't make this worst all black team since he was never an All Black.

I think Gear made the grade internationally though.

It's surprising how little I heard about Gear last season. Apparently he scored quite a few tries, he is an excellent finisher no doubting that. I seem to remember the Rugby Club banging on about a wonder try he scored in the Parker Pen Challenge wharreva it's called these days Cup....... against Dinamo Buchuresti.... [/b]

If I remember the one, it was a good team score running the length of the pitch, Rico being perfectly placed to finish it off.

Individual brilliance though, or for that matter the quality of his overall performances, was severely lacking.

And while we're on Wuss, don't even get me started on Tuitupo...

<div class='quotemain'> It's surprising how little I heard about Gear last season. Apparently he scored quite a few tries, he is an excellent finisher no doubting that. I seem to remember the Rugby Club banging on about a wonder try he scored in the Parker Pen Challenge wharreva it's called these days Cup....... against Dinamo Buchuresti.... [/b]

If I remember the one, it was a good team score running the length of the pitch, Rico being perfectly placed to finish it off.

Individual brilliance though, or for that matter the quality of his overall performances, was severely lacking.

And while we're on Wuss, don't even get me started on Tuitupo...
[/b][/quote]
Naa, it's on youtube. He gets the ball in his own half and runs through about 9 defenders. The defending is absolutely pathetic.

Latest posts