• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst possible Lions squad

N

nick_w

Thought this might be quite interesting. There is already a topic up concerning who everyone thinks should be in the Lions squad, but consider this. If you could pick the ultimate team not to send to South Africa next summer, based on current (bad) form in the 6N, who would make the starting 22?

Let the naming and shaming begin!

If you could pick the ultimate team not to send to South Africa next summer, based on current (bad) form in the 6N, who would make the starting 22?

[/b]

Scotland :D

15) Ian Balshaw. (Disagree at your own peril)
14) ?
13) Nick de Luca
12) Sonny Parker
11) Lesley Vainikolo
10) Dan Parks
9) Andy Gommarsell

8) Alix Popham
7) ?
6) Simon Easterby
5) ?
4) ?
3) Rhys Thomas
2) Matthew Rees
1) ?

Whens the last time a Leinster scrumhalf started for Ireland?

Sorry for taking the bait but you are being completely unfair, Strings is a very intelligent player with a good boot and the best passer the Lions good pick.

I think we're talking about players that are in the Six Nations right now. o_O So yeh, Andy and Peter can join this team.

And I rofl'd at An Tarbh. :D

Sorry for taking the bait but you are being completely unfair, Strings is a very intelligent player with a good boot and the best passer the Lions good pick.
[/b]

good comeback you get about 1 out of 10 for originality and it's rather myopic of you to think that I'd pick someone in this team purely to get a reaction. Look around at all the other current home nation scrum halves and make a decent case for picking Stringer ahead of any of them and I'll never post here again.

On current form I would have to say Jason White, Chris Patterson,Stringer,Hayes,Balshaw, Gommersal,De luca and Rhys Thomas would all be somewhere near selection. Obviously some nearer than others.

Hayes, you're ripping the **** there, his scrummaging this season has been superb, not to mention his defenive work around the fringes and his lineout work, he's closer to the real Lions XV than this mickey mouse team.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

good comeback you get about 1 out of 10 for originality and it's rather myopic of you to think that I'd pick someone in this team purely to get a reaction. Look around at all the other current home nation scrum halves and make a decent case for picking Stringer ahead of any of them and I'll never post here again.
[/b][/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive Stringer fan, I just don't like they way you bash him. Stringer is no where near the best or the worst player that the Lions could pick.

At scrum-half, he probably is. Who would you pick there?
[/b]

Read the first post.

Thought this might be quite interesting. There is already a topic up concerning who everyone thinks should be in the Lions squad, but consider this. If you could pick the ultimate team not to send to South Africa next summer, based on current (bad) form in the 6N, who would make the starting 22?

[/b]

He has played about four minutes in the six nations. so how could you pick him on form? On the basis of current form I'd even have Peel ahead of him as he was pretty awful yesterday.

[/b]

That's a question for another thread, with this one the question is which current scrum-half is worse than Stringer and looking at Scotland, England and Wales I don't see any although granted Gomersal has had a more negative impact on the Six Nations than Stringer for obvious reasons.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Read the first post.

[/b]

He has played about four minutes in the six nations. so how could you pick him on form? On the basis of current form I'd even have Peel ahead of him as he was pretty awful yesterday.
[/b][/quote]
Well, since he's been injured for about a month, and was also injured badly in the game yesterday you can hardly expect him to put in a World Class performance. :blink:
Gommarsell then, since he's played little rugby. And like I said earlier, Stringer can go on the bench as worst replacement SH. :D

Lol, poor scotland. They do have quality players, but as a team, they can't gel at the moment. There are worse players though!

Latest posts