• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst rugby merchandise

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
It's a commercial game now. That's the world we live in. Unions and clubs will try to squeeze every last drop of money out of every player, match and occassion. Mugs with club logos on are one thing, but there's been some truly horrific piece of merchandising over the years. And by which, I mean I've just come back from a trip to Cardiff and seen this in the WRU Store-

HalfpennyToy.jpg

That's supposed to be Leigh Halfpenny. That is supposed to be Leigh Halfpenny. I think it might be the single ugliest thing I've ever seen, and it's supposed to be the god amongst us, Leigh Halfpenny.

Any advances on that?

Looks like the 5th best full back in the 6 nations to me.

hahaha, awful !! They're just not even trying, simply...but guess what, I'll bet this little masterpiece still sells. Yep, niiiiice sheep, niiiice sheep. SIT !!....good boy.

Genuinely thought that was a Ryan Jones teddy before reading.

Newport's mascot always makes me chuckle. The Welsh Dragon's jaundice ridden and obese brother.

385.jpg

Remember that time you said the Welsh backline was crap and then we won the 6 Nations two years running?

Still a crap back line. No 10, a 12 who is made of class, a decent 13, two giant wingers who can't defend and an ordinary full back with a decent boot. Outplayed this year by a geriatric centre pairing and Andrew Trimble.

Still a crap back line. No 10, a 12 who is made of class, a decent 13, two giant wingers who can't defend and an ordinary full back with a decent boot. Outplayed this year by a geriatric centre pairing and Andrew Trimble.
What do you know? You lot have had one centre in the last 20 years.

What do you know? You lot have had one centre in the last 20 years.

You've got a point there. I mean, having one top 13 is better than giving out caps to the likes of Owen Williams, Scott Williams, James Hook and Ashley Beck, but whatever.

OR... you could have tried giving caps to other 13s over the last decade so you'd actually have someone even half-decent to put there now the Immaculate One has ascended.

PS. You aren't allowed to speak derogatorily about Owen Williams, Scott Williams scored the winning try at Twickenham and is thus a ****ing legend and James Hook has 76 international caps...

If I might interject-

PhillipsToy.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, The NZ Herald's Sexiest Rugby Hunk of All Time.

Capitalist pigs! F**king marketing! F**king consumerists! They just want money! F**k! F**k! F**k!

I very like the puppet! How much it? :D

Fifteen quid. You can buy children for less than that in some parts of the world.

Latest posts