TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51732938_003154091-1.jpg

A song by a 13-year-old American teenager has gone viral on the internet after being widely described as the worst one ever recorded.

Rebecca Black's pop song called Friday has been viewed on YouTube more than 16 million times.

It has trended on Twitter and been the subject of huge online comment and discussion.

Mainly because it's been derided by millions of people for what they say are its awful lyrics.

Ones like "yesterday was Thursday Thursday, today it is Friday Friday", "gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta get my bus, i see my friends" and and "we we we so excited, we so excited".

People have been quick to criticise the song for more than just its words.

The teenager's heavily auto tuned singing and video have also been labelled as terrible.
Future stars

The song was produced by Los Angeles based Ark Music Factory which describes itself as an Independent Record Label.

On its website it says its main objective is to discover future #1 artists and produce the next outstanding star.

Rebecca's profile page on the site describes her as "a fun loving, 13-year-old.

"She loves to sing, dance and act, and she is always looking to try something new.

"She landed the lead role in her school musical, Oklahoma!"

There are many parents willing to pay whatever it takes to make their children become the next Justin Bieber.

The now internationally recognised number one star was discovered on YouTube and later signed by Usher.

In this case though despite the criticism Rebecca may have the last laugh.

Tweeting on 15 March she said "My song Friday is now available on iTunes !!! Thank you all for your support. xoxo <3 :)".

It's now entered the iTunes chart and is currently at number 54.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12784330

Last edited by a moderator:
it's no worse than mozzletoff or any of the other commercially churned-out drivel that's played on radio 1 during the day.

OMG, that has to be the laziest song writing I have ever witnessed. "Sh*t, what day is it that comes before Friday? Oh, yeah, Thursday. Let's include that...hmmm I think I better, for sake of preserving knowledge, also include the days directly after Friday. Ma! What day is it that comes after Friday? No, not St. Aefelwuld's Day! I think it's Sunday. What's that Dad? Saturday? Oh, right, let's pencil that one in."
Please tell me this isn't on the radio?!

Forgot to say the video has 22 million hits now :lol:

I'm going on a limb to say this song will be responsible for a lot of tween pregnancies.

You're all too old and cynical. Can't you just enjoy a nice song about Friday?

Here's what we learn from the lyrics:

She wakes at 7am
She has a bowl and cereal (possibly both independent of the other) while the clock ticks and everyone is rushing
She goes to get a bus and is instead intercepted by her friends who are driving a car. She is uncertain of which seat to sit in. Due to video evidence we can say that she sits in the middle seat.
It's Friday. People are excited for the impending Weekend. Partying is likely to be a priority.
Rebecca and her friends are driving in a car in the evening. They are going fast.
She has a friend on her right. There is an implication that the girl to her left is either a nemesis of Rebecca or a stranger.
Rebecca is again uncertain of which car seat to choose although the decision appears to have already been made.
It's still Friday and people are still looking forward to the weekend.
Friday was preceded by Thursday. Rebecca & co are excited.
Saturday and Sunday are both to follow. Monday is a harrowing inevitability.

A black man is confused about whether Rebecca is in the front or back seat.
He is speeding and switching lanes regularly.
He is behind a speed bus which appears to be ticking.
It's Friday.
Rebecca confirms this and repeatedly alludes to the fun that is likely to be had.

She wakes at 7am
She has a bowl and cereal (possibly both independent of the other) while the clock ticks and everyone is rushing
She goes to get a bus and is instead intercepted by her friends who are driving a car. She is uncertain of which seat to sit in. Due to video evidence we can say that she sits in the middle seat.
It's Friday. People are excited for the impending Weekend. Partying is likely to be a priority.
Rebecca and her friends are driving in a car in the evening. They are going fast.
She has a friend on her right. There is an implication that the girl to her left is either a nemesis of Rebecca or a stranger.
Rebecca is again uncertain of which car seat to choose although the decision appears to have already been made.

It's Friday.
Rebecca confirms this and repeatedly alludes to the fun that is likely to be had.

You have clearly to much time :lol:

She wakes at 7am

It's Friday.
So the bit where she sings "Fun Fun Fun" wasn't meant sarcastically?

I seriously doubt that her friend in the driving seat is 16...
Clearly some grand theft auto going on there

This song just killed my weekend and my soul.
Hehe!

You didn't have to live through this:

<iframe ***le="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rTI8s0H31ys" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

My brother was at the O2 for Justin Bieber on Monday - his daughters are "true beliebers". Will Smith had his children on stage joining in the entertainment - children singing to children for enormous profits.

Slightly sick, but what's the harm? I wonder.

Last edited:
My ears hurt my eyes hurt and my soul is completely devoid of any emotion after watching and listening to the biggest load of tripe I have ever witnessed....my heart is cleft in twain

News is that Bieber and that girl are making a song together :lol:

Wait... to this whole Jessica Black thing isn't a parody of the Bieberlitious Bieberisms?

The internet is going down the shitter if so. It really is.

Latest posts