• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst test 23 Gatland could pick

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Exeter
Many posts about who you want to see, this is the worst 23 he could pick, whats yours? Keep it realistic obv no SHs as THP.

Mako(great player demolished in scrum)
Owens
Sinkler
JHill
Beard
Lawes
Falatau
Simmonds
Davies
Smith
LRZ
Faz
Aki
Daly
Watson

George
Wyn Jones
Furlong(do we have a third)
AWJ
Beirne
Murrey
Bigger
DVDM

Cant not have strong bench players but tried to go low imacts as possible

With the way he's played this tour I'd say Hogg is the worst option at 15 atm tbh (other than Daly, but he's needed on the wing there)
Hasnt Hogg only had 1 game? Never been in the Watson for FB for England camp tbf and yes Daly needed on the wing. Plus i rate Hogg quite highly as an out and out FB and believe watson is actually a better winger

Now i do like my Faz stifling Smiths fair with aki there just to add less pace. :)

Hasnt Hogg only had 1 game?
Two, I think

I'm talking of specifically this tour, rather than in general - like there's no way I'd say he's the worst 15 in general, but atm he'd he there for me
Kind of the opposite of DVDM who is in excellent form but there's definitely holes in his play to be exploited - they just haven't been this your

Two, I think

I'm talking of specifically this tour, rather than in general - like there's no way I'd say he's the worst 15 in general, but atm he'd he there for me
Kind of the opposite of DVDM who is in excellent form but there's definitely holes in his play to be exploited - they just haven't been this your

Hogg was pretty solid against the Sigma Lions. Yes they were a poor side but he took all his high balls cleanly and I can't recall him making any errors of note. Yesterday he dropped two high balls and threw the ball into touch when he should have found Adams. That aside he showed quick hands to put Hill in for his try, put Simmonds in for his and made a good break before throwing the ball into touch as mentioned. Gatland said the back three will involve tight calls and so it'll be interesting to see who he goes for. FWIW Adams made a few errors yesterday too and so Hogg wasn't alone.

Latest posts