• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would the NZ public/teams welcome a South African coach in any of their teams ?

Nah, Messi is a bully because he has flair

There is a difference though.

I have absolutely nothing against people with flair or skills and applaud them just as much as the next guy.

For me it's how these kids are being taught at a young age to be boasty/show-offs and that creates a bad culture in that winning is everything and that I'm better than you. That's not what rugby is about. It's about inclusivity, humility, spirit and that everyone from every shape or size or skill level can play the game.

There is a difference though.

I have absolutely nothing against people with flair or skills and applaud them just as much as the next guy.

For me it's how these kids are being taught at a young age to be boasty/show-offs and that creates a bad culture in that winning is everything and that I'm better than you. That's not what rugby is about. It's about inclusivity, humility, spirit and that everyone from every shape or size or skill level can play the game.
im not teaching these kids to show off. nor are they bullys. your talking sht. boasting and showing off is not a bad culture. its expressing your flair and making the game as fun as possible for you and you team mates.
i'd hate to play in your team.

how have we not moved on from this and on to @TRF_nickdnz coming back form the wilderness...and picking a random thread to post in for the first time in two years

how have we not moved on from this and on to @TRF_nickdnz coming back form the wilderness...and picking a random thread to post in for the first time in two years

Yeah, let's move on. I guess the argument is basically the difference between SA and NZ coaches. I'm happy to move on from this as its clear that mania just want to throw insults at me, proving that he is a bully, while I try to reason.

And yeah, welcome back @TRF_nickdnz !! Glad to see you're still alive and kicking!!

im not teaching these kids to show off. nor are they bullies. your talking sht. boasting and showing off is not a bad culture. its expressing your flair and making the game as fun as possible for you and you team mates.
i'd hate to play in your team.
I mean if your team is gonna boast and show off against my team then im not going to like them, the word will travel between the regional schools and you will have a bad rep, that's how it works here.

It's not in line with our values of the game which is showing respect, humility and discipline. Even if the guy high tackles me at the head I will get up and after the game shake his hand. Away with that vanity **** you promote under players. I remember our coach spanking the players if they perform a cool move and proceed to boast to the other players.

If my team is beating yours and some players start to boast and show off then we take them off because that's downright disrespectful and we never want to make the other team feel inferior or sad, why would we want to contribute to other kids maybe leaving the game because they got spanked by another team and they are just rubbing it in their faces.

There is a reason why they start booing football players in Spain when they start showboating. There is clips of Barcelona supporters booing Neymar when their team is winning and he is trying outlandish tricks.

Also if NZ scool teams comes here to SA and try showboating, trying fancy tricks from the get-go then they will get thrashed on the scoreboard by the schools here who attempt to remain disciplined. Maybe this is why NZ schools cant beat the top South African Schools, your best schools is miles behind the top schools here. As evidenced by the world schools rugby festival. I have seen with my own eyes what happens when NZ schools tours here and they get absolutely smashed, they are at a different level.

Below i post some evidence, the schools from SA are not all top dogs when it comes to the rugby landscape here, Only Paul Roos, Paarl Gim, and Grey College are top dogs, the other are not perenially in the top ten necessarily. For Example a school such as Monument is really not that good, they themselves will get spanked by the top SA schools.
2019 Results
Glenwood (Durban) 32 - John Mcgalscan (Dunedin) 17
Boland Landbou 30 vs Napier Boys high 25
Grey College 73 vs Christchurch Boys High 26
Paul Roos 93 vs Southland boys high 5 (Cut short)
Monument 48 VS John Mcgalscan 10

2018 Results
Boland Landbou 59 - NapierBH 26
Grey College 66- Christchurch BH 28
Monument 42 - Napier 37
HJS Paarl 25 - Christchurch BH 07
Affies vs Christchurch Boys' High School, 31-31
Grey College vs Southland Boys' High School, 54-0
Paul Roos vs Napier Boys' High, 62-7

Sorry for straying off-topic.

Irish schools are pretty humble too. The most humble. It's very very impressive if I do say so myself.
Are we talking about humble schools? I thought it was humble Rugby and Steroid academies... I'm even more lost than I thought!

I will humbly stand aside and wait for my inbox to be inundated with kind messages as to what's really going on.

Personally I would like to invoke a modified version of Godwin's law (replace Hitler/Nazi with Bully) and declare Mania the winner.

With regard to coaches I would hope New Zealand would select the best coaches available no matter where they were from but as has been mentioned a number of times we also have an expectation of the style of rugby our teams play and a coach that failed in that aspect would probably not last.

Latest posts