• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would the Super Rugbys best beat the NH best?

A blue print to how we will deal with these stupid "rolling mauls" which is just obstruction and offside in the first place has been seen in SR, and tonight.

Don't challenge and go for the ball carrier.

A blue print to how we will deal with these stupid "rolling mauls" which is just obstruction and offside in the first place has been seen in SR, and tonight.

All the teams need to do is hold on to the ball until the opposition engage.

or pull them in.... it's all nice in theory but it didn't work out so well in SA for the Chiefs, in fact the return they got on all the "we know the laws" guff was minimal, and they ended up not deploying the tactics properly anyway..

Bingo. Tonight's steal from the back was one of those "caught them napping" moments that generally don't get repeated in games after you pull it off once - kinda like a tight head in league. Every once in a while a team decides they want to push in a league scrum and actually get the ball against the feed, but you can only ever pull it off once; it's not a strategy for continued success.

On this topic more generally I would love to see a EC top 6 v SH top 6 knockout comp. The standard of the Heineken Cup games (forget what it's called now) is pretty bloody high these days and I reckon anyone who thinks the SR sides would do it easy are kidding themselves.

Sometimes less is more. You're not helping the "humble kiwi" real rugby players much are you?

Here's an idea "Kiwi" (very original name).....play a game of rugby in real life, nintendo or computer games aren't real, get the jist bro?

Yeah it was nice to see the highlanders using a tactic used throughout the NH season.

You notherners are kidding yourselves.

Clermont Auvergne:
15 Nick Abendanon, 14 Noa Nakaitaci, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Naipolioni Nalaga, 10 Brock James, 9 Morgan Parra; 1 Vincent Debaty, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 3 Davit Zirakashvili, 4 Jamie Cudmore, 5 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 6 Julien Bonnaire, 7 Damien Chouly (c), 8 Fritz Lee.

Toulon: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Drew Mitchell, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Juan Martin Hernandez, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Matt Giteau, 9 Sebastien Tillous-Borde; 1 Xavier Chiocci, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 3 Carl Hayman (c), 4 Bakkies Botha, 5 Ali Williams, 6 Juan Smith, 7 Steffon Armitage, 8 Chris Masoe.

O.K so Clemont doesnt have many overseas players but anybody that tells me Toulon isnt stacked with them is on drugs.... PERIOD.

I count NINE players. For those notherners who's math is clearly **** thats over half the bloody team!!! (Im including the Argentina player because why not).

And If I remember Rightly Toulon won this match. Nuff said.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/live/match/71441/report

Last edited:
Hells bells, threads like this are why I drink to forget.
I remember back when I was a ripe young boy fresh faced on this forum, NH vs SH threads were a running joke because the always ended like this. "Not only does our toilet water go the correct way, we are superior genetically graceful creatures bla bla ridiculous generalisation of an entire hemispheres rugby playing style bla bla"

My point is who won the top competition in europe? Yes a team stacked with foreigners!!

And generally past it foreigners at that.

You said "Finals" plural, he pointed out only one, and said it was only Toulon.

You look like a right numpty trying to change your point now.

You said "Finals" plural, he pointed out only one, and said it was only Toulon.

You look like a right numpty trying to change your point now.

Why would I watch anything less than the top competition in Europe? I just assumed what I had watched was the two best teams in europe? Am I wrong??

Why would I watch anything less than the top competition in Europe? I just assumed what I had watched was the two best teams in europe? Am I wrong??

You said Finals plural... It's a pretty simple concept to grasp, you made a misinformed statement based on watching one team and got shown up for it, and are now so enraged your back tracking at a hilarious rate of knots.

You said Finals plural... It's a pretty simple concept to grasp, you made a misinformed statement based on watching one team and got shown up for it, and are now so enraged your back tracking at a hilarious rate of knots.

Im not enraged at all im actually having a laugh here. It funny how now your running off on a he said she said arguement. Did I watch the two top teams in Europe or not? Its a pretty simple question?

Im not enraged at all im actually having a laugh here. It funny how now your running off on a he said she said arguement. Did I watch the two top teams in Europe or not? Its a pretty simple question?

Avoidance is a great defense mechanism.

And no you didn't watch the top two teams in Europe as there is no such thing, neither Clermont nor Toulon even won their domestic competition... Further illustrating your ignorance of the NH game...

Avoidance is a great defense mechanism.

And no, neither Clermont nor Toulon even won their domestic competition... Further illustrating your ignorance of the NH game...

All I need to know about the european game is its crap and they aint getting within 25points of a decent super rugby side.

Latest posts