• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would the Super Rugbys best beat the NH best?

I would like to see a Champions League one day, the best sides from each top tier country play in a league to determine the best. Maybe one day.

yep. I'd be very much in favour of it as well. This is what's missing. I'd like to watch our top5 teams take on the top SH franchises. It would be a much better indicator of the real strength and standard of our rugby which is all club based here. A clubs Champions league is the way forward for our rugby.

Maybe this day isn't that far away. Toulon are looking at organising a game versus the Highlanders as part of the Rugby Masters. Their president says "We're looking into it now. Nothing is signed yet. The game would take place in the most accessible venue".

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/rugby-masters/2015/rugby-masters-toulon-mourad-boudjellal-reflechit-a-l-idee-d-affronter-les-highlanders_sto4815514/story.shtml

Last edited:
Any NH club beating a top NZ super team? Yeah..Nah. Assuming each side at its peak and motivated - nah, not going to happen. The NH commentators here maybe need to watch more SH games to see why. Skills, speed, and dynamism differential for starters.
But, (I live in London and support my club), the tribalism and passion and commitment are wonderful.

Toulon next season maybe, there needs to be a world club challenge for Union..

Latest posts