• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WRU pour cold water on ELVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prestwick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7357536.stm

I think it is safe to say now that if the French come out against the ELVs then they are effectively dead as a dodo. The RFU (who have been conspicuous with their silence on the issue) would probably want to just fudge the issue by agreeing to some of the laws while rejecting others. The French however, do whatever the hell they want. Objections from the Southern Hemisphere? Who cares?! They're not French! Why should the French care about what the non-French think?

Pretty sad as some (not all, some) of the ELVs are interesting ideas too...

HolyGrail054.jpg

Oh I wonder what the French will say....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7357536.stm

I think it is safe to say now that if the French come out against the ELVs then they are effectively dead as a dodo. The RFU (who have been conspicuous with their silence on the issue) would probably want to just fudge the issue by agreeing to some of the laws while rejecting others. The French however, do whatever the hell they want. Objections from the Southern Hemisphere? Who cares?! They're not French! Why should the French care about what the non-French think?

Pretty sad as some (not all, some) of the ELVs are interesting ideas too... [/b]
Some MUST make it in - eg the 5 meters at the scrum and possibly the no taking back into the 22 rule.

Maybe, depends on what the FFR say in light of these new comments by the WRU.

Actually, I'd say the WRU are the first NH Union to break radio silence to say this. I don't think anyone else has said anything other than "We support the iRB..." if the RFU have said anything we apologise as we've been stuck in the Kafka-esque world of RFU recruitment and human resources...

EDIT: if we could pick ONE ELV, I'd take the one abolishing the silly numbers game at the line out.

The only ELV i agree with is the 5m behind the scurm apart from that im not really keen on them!

I dont like most of them but as long as the one with only free kicks instead of penaltys dousnt get in in ill be happy

Agrh, the French aren't bigger than the game, are they're standing in the way while the IRB is trying to progress the game like they have for the last 100 years.

FACT: the ELV's will be implemented globally by August this year (i'll provide a source later). This is TRIAL so don't get your knickers in a twist.

The IRB will ***** slap the French out of any IRB endorsed competition if they persist with their actions of the protest against the ELV's (worst case scenario of course)

*laughs and sighs*

Such naiveté...the downfall of many a person who have underestimated France...

How am I underestimating them? By telling you the IRB won't accept this rogue behaviour from up North?

You mean like when the iRB didn't approve of the French clubs pulling out unilaterally of the HEC.

Yes, what was the reaction again from the French? Oh, yes, nothing because the French didn't really care about what the iRB thought to be honest.

I love the ELVs. They increase the speed of the game and show differences between the fit and not fit players. The 5m rule for the scrums brings an air of attacking prospect.

The IRB will ***** slap the French out of any IRB endorsed competition if they persist with their actions of the protest against the ELV's (worst case scenario of course) [/b]

Just like the Nazis in 1940. The French Army melted like Chocolate Soldiers on the barbecue. It took the Allies and the tiny few French people who actually possessed a spine to bales them out in '45.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Prestwick")</div>
the downfall of many a person who have underestimated France...
[/b]

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?". "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage." Or, better still, a quote from the Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

Its no wonder they call them CESM's

Good, I've never supported the ELV's. Lets hope that Prestwick's sarcastic fantasy of the French also overruling these rules comes true. If any rules were to be implemented I would support and only support the "not take your ball back into the 22 rule"; the rest are garbage. Speed the game up? Since the RW07 was considered the best ever by a good few, I don't see the point in the ELV's, especially considering that a lot of people oppose them.

Don't fix something that IS NOT BROKE!! !!!1
[/b]

but it is broken the NH and the SH are driveing a big wedge in to the growing crack between
playing styles. at least some of the ELV's will have the two reading from the same page.
it is about time the IRB grow some BALLS and take charge instead of wimpering in the
corner like a little school girl.

It's funny the people whinging are from the NH and have never actually seen these laws trialled in person while the people supporting it have actually watched the game being played under the ELV's most in person I assume.....maybe trial up North and see if you actually like it?

But don't worry, no matter what laws are implemented the SANZAR nations will always be far and away the best teams. ;)

Agrh, the French aren't bigger than the game, are they're standing in the way while the IRB is trying to progress the game like they have for the last 100 years.

FACT: the ELV's will be implemented globally by August this year (i'll provide a source later). This is TRIAL so don't get your knickers in a twist.

The IRB will ***** slap the French out of any IRB endorsed competition if they persist with their actions of the protest against the ELV's (worst case scenario of course) [/b]

As far as I know the FFR have not released any recommendation regarding the ELVs. So refrain your French bashing until they release their position.

My personal view is that at the moment I cannot say I am impressed by the ELVs, I don't find the Super14 played this season more interesting than last season or the previous one.

....the RW07 was considered the best...... [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The 2007 RWC Final was just about the worst game of Rugby I have ever seen. In fact, that's not quite the truth. I have never actually seen the last 25 minutes, because it was so boring, I fell asleep watching it. :zzz: Two sides totally devoid of flair, ideas and/or imagination trying their very best not to f***-up.

If it hadn't been the final, it would have been utterly forgettable.

When I woke up 10 minutes from the end, nothing had changed, so I turned off the TV and went outside to clean the gutters, a much more fulfilling and rewarding way to spend my time than watching two teams of hapless clowns trying to bore each other to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts