WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by C A Iversen, Feb 19, 2009.

1. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

I'm sure that there's many a fan of classic wrestlers on the forum, so who's interested in this upcoming title? I'm really impressed by the roster (with an exception or two) and am hoping the new game mechanics seperates it from some of the more crappy editions of Wrestling games.

Here's the roster:

Andre The Giant
    Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
    Animal
    Junk Yard Dog
    Arn Anderson
    Kamala
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    King Kong Bundy
    Big Bossman
    Koko B. Ware
    Big John Studd
    Michael Hayes
    Bret Hart
    Mr. Perfect
    British Bulldog
    Nikolai Volkoff
    Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    Dusty Rhodes
    Ric Flair
    Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
    Rowdy Roddy Piper
    Hacksaw Jim Duggan
    Sgt. Slaughter
    Hawk
    Shawn Michaels
    Honky Tonk Man
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Hulk Hogan
    The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
    Hunter Hearst Helmsley
    The Rock
    Iron Sheik
    Ultimate Warrior
    Jake The Snake
    Undertaker
    Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
    Yokozuna

Managers

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    Mr. Fuji
    Jimmy Hart
    Paul Bearer

No Macho Man Randy Savage I hear you say? Well he's one of the very few that I'm mildly peeved isn't there, but maybe could turn up as downloadable content?

Who'd be some of the match-ups you'd like to see from these names? Straight away I'd find it hilarious to have Stone Cold Vs The Ultimate Warrior and The Rock Vs Andre The Giant.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Can't wait for this, literally can't wait.

I'll be the Honky Donkey Man.

4. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 20 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Seeing as you have PS3 and Xbox360, make your deciding format be the one that has the most TRF members playing it? I have PS3 :) .

I think The Honky Tonk Man Vs Ravishing Rick Rude would be our ideal first fight, lol! "I'm gonna be Ruuuuuude to yoooouuuuu!!!!"

5. melon

melon Guest

I'm very disappointed in regards to not having Macho Man there in the default roster, but like you said CA, he could possibly turn up as downloadable content.

LEX LUGER/THE TOTAL PACKAGE/THE NARCISSIST??

RAZOR RAMON??

BIG SEXY KEVIN NASH/DIESEL??

WHERE ON EARTH ARE THESE LEGENDS???

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Savage won't be there as he's currently contracted to TNA. Notice Mick Foley being conspicuous by his absence also.

7. melon

melon Guest

Goldberg is an horrific omission too.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

:lol:

9. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

It's just me maybe, but Goldberg was big for about 3-4 years during the attitude era and Razor Ramon may not quite be what most would call a legend, despite being a solid perfromer. I agree with Lex Luger, but do feel he spent a lot more years at the competition than WWF/WWE.

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

It's "Legends of Wrestlemania". Goldberg only had 12 months with the WWF (he was the only home-made WCW star, and a poor one at that), had a **** poor title run and onlt had one Wrestlemania appearance... A naff match with Brock Lesnar at WM20 when the fans booed both wrestlers out the building.

Ramon however pioneered the ladder match with Michaels and is well regarded as one of the best ever.

Here's a real question - Why is Eddie Guerrero nor the Dynamite Kid not there?

11. Or Benoit........

12. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 20 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I think that McMahon doesn't want to do anything to promote Benoit after how he ended his life.

Thanks for clarifying the Goldberg situation, Mite. I wasn't a huge wrestling fan during that era and just remembered him being big for 3 or 4 years. Forgot that it was pretty much all during his WCW time. Thought he was just quite generic myself.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I'm not so sure it's his life ending that McMahon would rather not be assosciated. After all Mr. Perfect is still in there.

14. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

...And Ravishing Rick Rude. I'm referring to the murder more than the suicide obviously. From what I read though Benoit's brain was pretty severely injured when he did those things.

15. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

I must admit this game is looking very good. I already decided not to get it becuase of no savage but almost changed my mind after seeing all the vids including the new managers one. Sadly the fact that they are leaving out referees puts it back on the will not buy list for me. Whats the point in having all that wwf old school craftiness with no ref?! wrestling is actually a sport where the ref plays a big part in ther action! Big blunder as far as I can tell.

Im still more than happy with Smackdown vs raw 06, and I just picked up smackdown shut your mouth off trade me, and it will be arriving here in Japan next week. Should keep me from impulse buying this.

16. melon

melon Guest

BIG SEXY KEVIN NASH!!!

17. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Macho Man Randy Savage aint proably there because of rights regarding himself, he probably declared himself void for it!

18. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Feb 21 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    "Savage won't be there as he's currently contracted to TNA. Notice Mick Foley being conspicuous by his absence also." - Teh Mite's post from earlier in the thread.

19. melon

melon Guest

Cymro is special. It's not his fault. (I've known this since he came here you see...I'm quite the talent scout!)

In this thread, I think it would be appropriate to have him known as Eugene.

You Craig, may be Ravishing Rick Rude, and I shall be Bret Hart because "I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be".

20. And I'll be Bubba Ray Dudley and just put your arses through a table.

21. JohnBE

JohnBE Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 19 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

you guys talk about it ..as if it wasn't completely scripted:S

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!