• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

C

C A Iversen

I'm sure that there's many a fan of classic wrestlers on the forum, so who's interested in this upcoming ***le? I'm really impressed by the roster (with an exception or two) and am hoping the new game mechanics seperates it from some of the more crappy editions of Wrestling games.

Here's the roster:

Andre The Giant
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
Animal
Junk Yard Dog
Arn Anderson
Kamala
Bam Bam Bigelow
King Kong Bundy
Big Bossman
Koko B. Ware
Big John Studd
Michael Hayes
Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect
British Bulldog
Nikolai Volkoff
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
Ravishing Rick Rude
Dusty Rhodes
Ric Flair
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Sgt. Slaughter
Hawk
Shawn Michaels
Honky Tonk Man
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Hulk Hogan
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
The Rock
Iron Sheik
Ultimate Warrior
Jake The Snake
Undertaker
Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
Yokozuna

Managers

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
Mr. Fuji
Jimmy Hart
Paul Bearer

No Macho Man Randy Savage I hear you say? Well he's one of the very few that I'm mildly peeved isn't there, but maybe could turn up as downloadable content?

Who'd be some of the match-ups you'd like to see from these names? Straight away I'd find it hilarious to have Stone Cold Vs The Ultimate Warrior and The Rock Vs Andre The Giant.

Can't wait for this, literally can't wait.

I'll be the Honky Donkey Man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 20 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can't wait for this, literally can't wait.

I'll be the Honky Donkey Man.[/b]

Seeing as you have PS3 and Xbox360, make your deciding format be the one that has the most TRF members playing it? I have PS3 :) .

I think The Honky Tonk Man Vs Ravishing Rick Rude would be our ideal first fight, lol! "I'm gonna be Ruuuuuude to yoooouuuuu!!!!"

I'm very disappointed in regards to not having Macho Man there in the default roster, but like you said CA, he could possibly turn up as downloadable content.

LEX LUGER/THE TOTAL PACKAGE/THE NARCISSIST??

RAZOR RAMON??

BIG SEXY KEVIN NASH/DIESEL??

WHERE ON EARTH ARE THESE LEGENDS???

Savage won't be there as he's currently contracted to TNA. Notice Mick Foley being conspicuous by his absence also.

It's just me maybe, but Goldberg was big for about 3-4 years during the attitude era and Razor Ramon may not quite be what most would call a legend, despite being a solid perfromer. I agree with Lex Luger, but do feel he spent a lot more years at the competition than WWF/WWE.

It's "Legends of Wrestlemania". Goldberg only had 12 months with the WWF (he was the only home-made WCW star, and a poor one at that), had a **** poor ***le run and onlt had one Wrestlemania appearance... A naff match with Brock Lesnar at WM20 when the fans booed both wrestlers out the building.

Ramon however pioneered the ladder match with Michaels and is well regarded as one of the best ever.

Here's a real question - Why is Eddie Guerrero nor the Dynamite Kid not there?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 20 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or Benoit........[/b]

I think that McMahon doesn't want to do anything to promote Benoit after how he ended his life.

Thanks for clarifying the Goldberg situation, Mite. I wasn't a huge wrestling fan during that era and just remembered him being big for 3 or 4 years. Forgot that it was pretty much all during his WCW time. Thought he was just quite generic myself.

I'm not so sure it's his life ending that McMahon would rather not be assosciated. After all Mr. Perfect is still in there.

...And Ravishing Rick Rude. I'm referring to the murder more than the suicide obviously. From what I read though Benoit's brain was pretty severely injured when he did those things.

I must admit this game is looking very good. I already decided not to get it becuase of no savage but almost changed my mind after seeing all the vids including the new managers one. Sadly the fact that they are leaving out referees puts it back on the will not buy list for me. Whats the point in having all that wwf old school craftiness with no ref?! wrestling is actually a sport where the ref plays a big part in ther action! Big blunder as far as I can tell.

Im still more than happy with Smackdown vs raw 06, and I just picked up smackdown shut your mouth off trade me, and it will be arriving here in Japan next week. Should keep me from impulse buying this.

Macho Man Randy Savage aint proably there because of rights regarding himself, he probably declared himself void for it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Feb 21 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Macho Man Randy Savage aint proably there because of rights regarding himself, he probably declared himself void for it![/b]

"Savage won't be there as he's currently contracted to TNA. Notice Mick Foley being conspicuous by his absence also." - Teh Mite's post from earlier in the thread.

Cymro is special. It's not his fault. (I've known this since he came here you see...I'm quite the talent scout!)

In this thread, I think it would be appropriate to have him known as Eugene.

You Craig, may be Ravishing Rick Rude, and I shall be Bret Hart because "I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 19 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's "Legends of Wrestlemania". Goldberg only had 12 months with the WWF (he was the only home-made WCW star, and a poor one at that), had a **** poor ***le run and onlt had one Wrestlemania appearance... A naff match with Brock Lesnar at WM20 when the fans booed both wrestlers out the building.

Ramon however pioneered the ladder match with Michaels and is well regarded as one of the best ever.

Here's a real question - Why is Eddie Guerrero nor the Dynamite Kid not there?[/b]

you guys talk about it ..as if it wasn't completely scripted:S

Latest posts