• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 21 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 19 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's "Legends of Wrestlemania". Goldberg only had 12 months with the WWF (he was the only home-made WCW star, and a poor one at that), had a **** poor ***le run and onlt had one Wrestlemania appearance... A naff match with Brock Lesnar at WM20 when the fans booed both wrestlers out the building.

Ramon however pioneered the ladder match with Michaels and is well regarded as one of the best ever.

Here's a real question - Why is Eddie Guerrero nor the Dynamite Kid not there?[/b]

you guys talk about it ..as if it wasn't completely scripted:S
[/b][/quote]

No, we just choose to ignore the most obvious statement of all time. We all know it's scripted, that doesn't mean it's not great fun at times. A bit like how when people play Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid, we realise that isn't real either. Or when we watch shows like Lost, Prison Break or Heroes. They aren't real either. Movies, like Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars & The Godfather trilogies.....yet again, they're not real either.

Santa Claus on the other hand, has me scratching my head.

I used to love WWF as a kid.. it doesn't matter if it's all planned, it has to be to some degree so you don't get accidents and so it looks real. I never knew until a few years ago that pretty much all the 'polynesian' wrestlers are all pretty much related.

Afa, Sika, Yokozuna, Samu, Rikishi (Fatu), Umaga and The Rock (and all their other characters) are all related to the same family. There's loads more who aren't so famous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 20 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 19 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's "Legends of Wrestlemania". Goldberg only had 12 months with the WWF (he was the only home-made WCW star, and a poor one at that), had a **** poor ***le run and onlt had one Wrestlemania appearance... A naff match with Brock Lesnar at WM20 when the fans booed both wrestlers out the building.

Ramon however pioneered the ladder match with Michaels and is well regarded as one of the best ever.

Here's a real question - Why is Eddie Guerrero nor the Dynamite Kid not there?[/b]

you guys talk about it ..as if it wasn't completely scripted:S
[/b][/quote]

And so was Die Hard. Doesn't make it any less fun.

LOW demo is out now for ps3 and xbox. Theres alot of fun to be had in the dem, you can have an exhibition with andre and hogan or relive the rock vs austin (you can only control austin)

I said I wouldnt get this, but after playing the demo it is alot of fun. The controls are complicated and confusing at first, but this is a good thing, as it feels like a new game from the ground up. The entrances and post fight celebrations are awsome! you can even put your ***le on the line in exhibition. Animations are really cool, despite a seeming lack of many different moves. It can feel bit forced and you cant seem to do exactly what you want when you want to, but im sure thats because I suck. This game is not perfect, but theres something special about it! Watching hogans entrance took me back to the good old days! even though he looks more like the incredible hulk.

The ref not being there is barely noticable, until you want to cheat. If you hit someone with a chair you are automatically DQd and being that theres no ref, you cant knock him out like in old games in order to fight dirty. So it looks like cheating with normal rules is out.

Im definatley getting it at this stage. Im eating my words.

After playing this game for several hours, I think its still alot of fun.

Some of the things wrong with it that might bother people are:

1. You cant cheat and use weapons in normal matches
2. You cant use weapons outside the ring.
3. You cant use finishers outside the ring.
4 You cant run outside the ring.
5. You cant run forward inside the ring (only backward then forward off the ropes.
6. Each wrestler only has one finisher.

Some of these things have clearly been put in place to make online matches more like wrestling with less exploits. I think this will work well, but its a shame that singleplayer has to suffer.

I have played the demo and I am very, very impressed. Like it a lot. So much less fiddly and complex than S vs. R.

Agreed. This has great potential for some online slobberknockers too.

Ive mastered the demo and done pretty much every move possible, and still cant stop playing it. The objectives in the relive mode are really cool. I also managed to scoop slam andre through an announcers table (picked him up from the ground and slmmed him through the table)which looked awsome, he returned the favor on the second table. I also managed to get on top of a table with him and then pile drive him through it. Awsome.

Looks amazing too. Blood looks excellent.

Well, I may as well add my 2 cents worth too. I have downloaded and played the demo. I liked it a lot. I'll definitely purchase the game. I'm not so much of an online gaming fan, so will spend a lot of time having Royal Rumbles with 2 or 3 friends who will likely come over to play it.

I don't care if some will frown on it for whatever shortcomings it may have, I'm more than satisfied with it from what I can see and am really looking forward to the release date.

Yeah, well I think online or with mates is where its at. The singleplayer could wind up a bit too easy. The chain system gives up instant level ups and you cant lose them to the ai. Hopefully the demo is on super easy. I can beat the rock in about one and half minutes and andre in about 30 seconds (provide heenan is not there!) Hopefully you can crank the chain dificulty rigth up, I love having to concetrate but i got too good at the current level. I find my self laying off my finisher until ive broken all the tables, spilled some blood and had some fun adn then Ill finish them off. Also if you lock in a submission hold just dont tap any buttons and they wont give up so you can prolong the fight as they give up way too easy. I havnt had this much fun in a demo for years. Im also cant wait for the release, so much so that im even going to get SVR 09 (I havent bought one since SVR 06) so I can import the roster.

Hopefully the royal rumble is better than the SVR ones, It has the potential to be sooo cool.

I cant wait to get stuck into someone with Jim Duggans 2 by 4!! or the honkey tonk mans guitar!

If you want a challenge from the demo then dont let yourself power up on health.

I might be persuaded to have a game (or many) against Saint Helens and Cee Jay, depending on who gets it on PS3.

no, sadly hes not. Whos knows if he may be unlockable or DLC in the future, but for now hes not in.

Im getting it on PS3, but Ill have to wait a little, my brother will buy it on release and send it to me here in Japan (it dosent seem to be coming out at all here) so ill probably have it about a week after release.

Im keen to reilve some 80s classics online! Who do you prefer to wrestle as? I was always a big hulk fan, but am quite happy to use anyone. Im particularly looking forward to Dusty Rhodes, Jim Duggan, and ulitmate warrior. (I hated the warrior when he beat hogan but you dont get many chances to play as him these days)

It would be cool if we could have a TRF private Brand were we can challenge each other for various ***les online. lol. I feel like im 7 again waiting for this game!ljust like the time I was waiting for the video store to call me and tell me my reserved copy of wrestlemania was waiting to be picked up.

It has now been confirmed that there are no unlockable wrestlers. On top of that only a select few wrestlers will have alternate attires. This is a shame and makes me wonder what exactly we will be unlocking. Hell in a cell is an unlockable game mode but beyond that...........

Not too worried about unlockables, the trophies will give me enough to do. And my group of mates are talking about having a special belt that we'll actually challenge each other for. :)

You cant create custom belts can you? You have ***le matches with existing belts atleast.

Whats the go with trophies, people are always talking about getting them. If not for unlocking stuff what are they for? do you get anything?

Im still having a blast on the demo, too much fun to pass this up despite many diasappointments

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Mar 17 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whats the go with trophies, people are always talking about getting them. If not for unlocking stuff what are they for? do you get anything?[/b]

They'er nigh-on identical to the Xbox achievements system, which gives you a points/ranking system over the entire online network.That's about it really.

I AM THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!!!
bret_hart.jpg

Old_Pulteney.jpg

Latest posts