• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

XBOX 360 vs PS3

Q

QLD

Most people are elite gamers and have one of these consoles. Except me, I dont have one and I dont know which one to buy.

I've made this thread for a debate and argument, for members who can argue which is the better one and why. Hopefully this debate can solve my problem which one to buy.

I was leaning towards 360 because me mates, brother and cousin in ireland has one.... and I heard online is a lot better. And I got a ps2 last generation and felt I missed out big time not getting the xbox. Is it true you can download games for free now on xbox live?

But now I hear the 360 red rings and PS3 is more reliable, and online is free?

Discuss.

Copied and pasted;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As a service, XBL ****** on PSN from a great height... But as you mentioned you have to pay for the service. The "Home" network, Sonys <strike>blatent rip-off of</strike> answer to "Second life" has just been released which will draw in some due to the pretty lights. But when people get bored of their online fengshui they'll realise that it hardly offers much.

Also, don't base your opinion on the RROD problem. It was a hardware problem years ago, but now it's only people who harp on "OMFG, T3H XbOx is t3H BrEak0RZ!!1!ONE!11!" that keep the rumour going. My current machine has been going for nearly 2 years with no problems and I only know 1 other person to ever have a problem, that was the Zonerunner about the same time as my machine went bang.

I'd suggest you base which machine you get on what games you like and not what people go on about hardware failures which isn't a problem for euither these days.

Just don't buy a wii. They're shitty gimmicks aimed at appealing to your mums sense of cuteness.

And don't get a PS3 forr GT5. Instead go buy yourself a book called "This is how cars really work and Gran Turismo is a load of old ********." You'll thank me for that one.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Copied and pasted;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a service, XBL ****** on PSN from a great height... But as you mentioned you have to pay for the service. The "Home" network, Sonys <strike>blatent rip-off of</strike> answer to "Second life" has just been released which will draw in some due to the pretty lights. But when people get bored of their online fengshui they'll realise that it hardly offers much.

Also, don't base your opinion on the RROD problem. It was a hardware problem years ago, but now it's only people who harp on "OMFG, T3H XbOx is t3H BrEak0RZ!!1!ONE!11!" that keep the rumour going. My current machine has been going for nearly 2 years with no problems and I only know 1 other person to ever have a problem, that was the Zonerunner about the same time as my machine went bang.

I'd suggest you base which machine you get on what games you like and not what people go on about hardware failures which isn't a problem for euither these days.

Just don't buy a wii. They're shitty gimmicks aimed at appealing to your mums sense of cuteness.

And don't get a PS3 forr GT5. Instead go buy yourself a book called "This is how cars really work and Gran Turismo is a load of old ********." You'll thank me for that one.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

LOL. Classic mite post.

Great post. I think its won me over getting the box.

OMG http://www.ebgames.com.au/Xbox/product.cfm?ID=6916

I think thats what I will get.

just to put the reliability thing into perspective, I know of at least 5 people that have had their ps3's die this year and another 5 or so that have had a wii die. the 360 does have issues especially with the older hardware ones that are more prone to rrod but the other consoles aren't bulletproof either.

I have a PS3.

I would probably say the xbox has the games that appeal to me more and a lot more choice on other games. When it comes to gaming I wish I had an xbox as there are currently tonnes of games out there compared to the PS3.

I would have gotten the xbox except for three factors.

1. My first problem with the xbox is that xbox live costs money....and I am cheap ha! I don't like paying online and stuff and have no credit card etc. It is like needing a warrant for your car that you have to keep getting. I like the idea of not having to ever worry about pay for play.

2. Blu Ray is not on xbox and I am kind of thinking about the years 2010 and how Blu Ray discs will swamp the market. I like the idea of having a games machine that I can play blu ray discs on and it feels kind of cool at the moment going into a video store and having the option of watching a blu ray disc if I want. Makes me feel like I am cutting edge haha!

3. I have personally seen too much Xbox RROD that backs up what I hear on the net. I have personally never seen a PS3 DRE which seems to back up what I have seen on the net. So from my limited perspective I have no faith in Xbox 360 reliability and almost expect it to RROD at some point.

Anyway apart from those three points I think Xbox 360 kills PS3. Even looks wise the PS3 looks bulky and ugly. If Xbox live was free and the Xbox 360 had blu ray and was as reliable as the original xbox then I would wholeheartedly get it because the games choice is wider and better. I miss the DOA series and other great xbox games that I used to enjoy as exclusives on the original xbox. However the RROD problem and the money required for Xbox live just says to me of constant money maintenance and to a person like me who is into activate once then forget....well that was the turning point.

You have to pay for Live but you get what you pay for. It's a good service.

I don't have either they both suck I'm into Commodore64 yeeaahh!! nah jokes but seriously my nephews had his Xbox360 for under a year now and it red ringed whatever that is about 3 months go he got it fixed now it's red ringed again 2 weeks ago so he's got GTA IV just sitting there doing nothing and he's currently pointing the controller at his tv screen making out he's playing it.

I have 3 workmates who have Ps3s and they've never crapped out but 1 of them also have an Xbox360 and he says he pretty much neglects his Ps3 and it's sometimes kept in storage for a few weeks at a time because the games he plays on Xbox360 are alot better.

If you buy an Ps3 the blu ray feature is good if you're gonna be using it but gee do you have to pay for it. Here in New Zealand the Ps3 release price was $1199 price and 1 year and 9 months after it's release it's still around $700-$900 just for the console with 1 controller no games. Whereas you can pick up a Xbox360 for around $400-$500 sometimes a game or 2nd controller included.

ZOMG got my xbox 360 this afternoon

traded in my old PS2 with 14 games - 3 which dont work lol - and got an xbox 360 elite for $AU350. comes with 120gb hard drive, black xbox, 1 black wireless controller, headset, 4 games inc. Halo 3, Kung fu panda, Mass Effect and Indiana Jones.

wooottt

one problem - my router is next to my computer, which is about 12m away from where my 360 is setup. But my ehternet cord is only 2m. What should I do aside from buying a wireless thing for $100

Buy a ethernet cord from Dick Smith or any electrical appliance store I bought one from Dick Smiths that's about 8-10m long because my Aunty wanted to hook both her daughters and her internet with the same modem but their rooms were ages apart. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but I know it didn't cost a fortune.

I've just looked it up you could try this site http://www.msy.com.au/ in some places you can get 30m ethernet cables for $25 but for 15m at Dick Smith it cost $34 have a look you might find something

I've sorted out the ethernet cord problem but now face another one.
I'm supposed to get a free 1 month subcription to xbox live but cant find it :%#%#:

arghhh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 14 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wait when u sign up for a new account u get 1 month free? how[/b]
It's automatically applied the first time you log into Xbox Live, as far as i'm aware.

I will add you later, if I don't then I am called Spandex Booby.

Glad we have another for the XB360 cause! :p

I think i'm the only guy on this forum who bypasses consoles altogether. PC Gaming FTW! B)

Oh, but if i had to choose, i reckon i would get a PS3. I think it's more "future-proof" than Xbox. Let the flaming begin!

Latest posts