• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

XV of the Decade

M

munster

It is now the end of another decade of rugby and I'd like to hear your team of the decade. I'll make a start:

15. Robinson
14. Rockocoko
13. O'Driscoll
12. Jauzion
11. Habana
10. Wilkonson
9. Gregan
(I'm being very diplomatic)

I won't bother making an effort at a pack cause I'll just make an embarrasment of my hopeless memory...

So hope I don't cause an almighty war but post away.

DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 1 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 1 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no "W" in Carter mate.[/b]

Not the biggest fan of Wilkinson but Carter didn't win a world cup for his country...
[/b][/quote]

Neither did Wilkinson. It was a combined effort of 31 players in the whole playing squad.

And Richard Hill is the single player who won the 2003 final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 1 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 1 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no "W" in Carter mate.[/b]

Not the biggest fan of Wilkinson but Carter didn't win a world cup for his country...
[/b][/quote]

Eh Carter is the better player. Would you pick Wilkinson if Dan was available? That's what it's about, not who won what. You might as well only pick players from South Afrca and England by your logic.

Replace Wilkinson with Carter and Jauzion with Umaga, and you're pretty much spot on.

The following statment may contain traces of bias.

1. Roncero
2. Ibanez
3. Hayman
4. Johnson
5. Matfield
6. Hill
7. McCaw
8. Dallaglio
9. du Preez
10. Carter
11. Caucaunibuca
12. Giteau
13. O'Driscoll
14. Robinson
15. Cullen

Props pick themselves, Os du Randt gets an honourable mention.

Mealamu or Keith Wood, or even John Smit for his leadership - all could play hooker.

Botha, Jack and O'Connell are close to making it at lock.

Serge Betsen, Sergio Parisse, Juan Martin Fernadez Lobbe, George Smith and Jerry Collins could all have made the back row.

Gregan or Pichot were options at 9.

No contest at 10.

I put in Caucau on the assumption that he'd be on his 2003 form. In his prime, he was the most dangerous attacker ever to play rugby. Otherwise, Shane Williams, Doug Howlett and Bryan Habana deserve a mention as wingers.

I put Giteau in at 12 because I jism every time I watch him play. There are few better things than watching natural footballers taking the ball flat and being creative. Umaga was in with a shout, and I suppose Jauzion too.

Chris Latham certainly deserves a mention as fullback - wonderful player. Muliaina also deserves one for being consistently awesome. I'd also throw in Percy Montgomery - a very underrated and oft-forgotten player who was a vital part of the 2007 team.

I love Cullen, but he was really more of a player of the 90's. That's why I'd ignore Lomu as well because he played very few years. Otherwise a good list.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 2 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 1 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
12. Jauzion[/b]

That's a funny way of spelling Gordon D'arcy
[/b][/quote]
Pfff I already made that joke. You Suck King D'arcy
[/b][/quote]

I am aware of this. I read your joke and I enjoyed it so much that I made a similar one as an hommage to it.

Latest posts