• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Y not

nathanduncan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
given that the all blacks have won 4 out of 4 games how come they havent won the tri nations already?

That fact that you were to lazy to type the word 'why' or add a question mark leads me to refusing to answer this question.

Well I won't hold the "Y" instead of "Why" against you.. BUT DON"T DO IT AGAIN!!

Its simple math. The All Blacks have not yet won the Tri Nations for the simple reason that Australia can still win it.

The current table is;

NZL 19
AUS 4
SAF 0

If Australia can win their three remaining matches with a 4 try bonus point, and New Zealand lose all their remaining match without getting a losing bonus point, the table would be;

NZL 19
AUS 19
SAF 4 to 9 points depending on 4 try and losing bonus points in their remaining matches

Then it would come down to points difference. The current difference is

NZL +65
AUS -14

That is a total difference of 79 points, so the Aussies would have overcome this massive points difference to win.

NZ win, draw or lose by 7 points or less against South Africa, or score a 4 try bonus point regardless of the score, they win the 3N.

Frankly, I cannot see Australia beating South Africa twice in consecutive weekends at first Loftus Versfeld then Free State Stadium (both at high altitude).

Last edited:
Well I won't hold the "Y" instead of "Why" against you.. BUT DON"T DO IT AGAIN!!

Its simple math. The All Blacks have not yet won the Tri Nations for the simple reason that Australia can still win it.

The current table is;

NZL 19
AUS 4
SAF 0

If Australia can win their three remaining matches with a 4 try bonus point, and New Zealand lose all their remaining match without getting a losing bonus point, the table would be;

NZL 19
AUS 19
SAF 4 to 9 points depending on 4 try and losing bonus points in their remaining matches

Then it would come down to points difference. The current difference is

NZL +65
AUS -14

That is a total difference of 79 points, so the Aussies would have overcome this massive points difference to win.

NZ win, draw or lose by 7 points or less against South Africa, or score a 4 try bonus point regardless of the score, they win the 3N.

Frankly, I cannot see Australia beating South Africa twice in consecutive weekends at first Loftus Versfeld then Free State Stadium (both at high altitude).

If Australia were to win their next three matches with a 4 try bonus point, and NZ lost all of their matches without picking up a bonus point, I'm sure that points differential would almost definitely swing in Australia's favour ;)

We haven't won on the high veldt since 1963... should be a good roadtrip!

lets just say its more likely that i make the wallabies squad than the wallabies winning the tri nations, thats how unlikely they are to win it

Latest posts