• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yeh, it happened

Urm ...

This aint confirmed yet, its well known that Spice is leaving at the end of the season, but the Blues are still in talks with Peel!

The Blues fan forum confirmed this also!

So Peel rejected us ... meh ...so Scarlets is the only place he would return to in Wales.

Mind if Cooper stays fit then we have a decent scrum half since Howley!

Cardiff Blues today confirm they have signed Wales and Lions Scrumhalf Gareth Cooper from Gloucester RFC. The news comes only a week after the announcement that they have signed Australian International utility back, Sam Norton-Knight.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/33_4162.php

Cardiff Blues have signed Wales scrum-half Gareth Cooper from Gloucester and fly-half Nicky Robinson is quitting the Arms Park for Kingsholm.

Cooper, 29, has been linked with a move back to Wales for some time and his switch may end speculation of the Blues signing Dwayne Peel from Sale.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ues/7927383.stm

Overall it definately improves the Blues. They were really lacking a quality scrum half, and Cooper is certainly that. With Norton Night at 10, this Blues team is going to look mighty impressive next season. It's dissapointing to see Nicky go, but hopefully he does well at Gloucester and improves further as a player.

Nicky Robinson is going the other way:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://planetrugby.com/Story/0,18259,3551_5046414,00.html

Gloucester have secured the signing of Nicky Robinson after the fly-half agreed to leave Cardiff Blues at the end of the season.

The in-form number ten will follow his brother, Jamie, who signed a deal with Toulon earlier this month, out of Arms Park while Wales international scrum-half Gareth Cooper moves in the opposite direction.

"It's obviously been one of the hardest decisions I'll ever have to make in my rugby career. To decide to leave my hometown club; somewhere where I dreamt of playing, and spent a large part of my career was always going to be hard," said the 27-year-old, speaking to Wales Online.

"However, it's something I felt I needed to do. I wanted to experience playing in a different environment and a different league. I also wanted to test myself and try to improve as a rugby player and as a person, and Gloucester will give me that opportunity.

"I wanted to find out for myself what it is like to play in a different league and train with different players and coaches and change the routine that I have been doing for a number of years now.

"I've lived in Cardiff all my life and wanted to go to live in a different place so I will be looking to move up to Gloucester over the summer."

The Blues are currently sitting seventh in the Magners League but await a massive Heineken Cup quarter-final clash with Toulouse. Yet Robinson felt that the season's end was the perfect time for him to experience a fresh challenge.

"I felt it was the right time for me but with the Blues going well in the Heineken Cup and EDF Cup, and the new training base and the new stadium, it made the decision a lot harder," he continued.

"I'd like to thank the Blues for being very loyal to me throughout my time here; they've really stuck by me when I've had injuries and illnesses.

"I've got a very good relationship with Dai [Young], and have huge amount of respect for him, not only as a coach but also as a really decent person. So it was very hard to tell him, knowing how much effort he has put into building up the Blues.

"The supporters club have also been great to me, and hopefully I've repaid them by giving everything every time I've worn the blue shirt and have been very proud of putting that jersey on which will remain the case until the end of what I hope will be a successful season.

"My mother is devastated at the news as all three sons will be leaving next season. I'll be moving to Gloucester, Jamie's moving to France and my younger brother is hoping to go away to University. But on a positive note it frees up her weekends."[/b]

I just hope Cooper can stay fit, as he's very injury prone. Allison and Rees arent adequate cover.

I would have been thrilled to have Peel but I'm more than happy with the signing of Cooper

He's been playing well under Gatland but has had a mixed time at Glaws

Cooper has been dreadfull for my team but I feel that if he plays behind a decent pack he can look good. Shame for us as I had high hopes for him at Glos. Blues have a better pack than Glos so he could be a decent signing. Just dont expect him to do anything in a dog fight as he is very flimsy.

Latest posts