Yeh, it happened

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by Sir Speedy, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Urm ...

This aint confirmed yet, its well known that Spice is leaving at the end of the season, but the Blues are still in talks with Peel!

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

5. Cymro

Cymro Guest

The Blues fan forum confirmed this also!

So Peel rejected us ... meh ...so Scarlets is the only place he would return to in Wales.

Mind if Cooper stays fit then we have a decent scrum half since Howley!

6. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Cardiff Blues today confirm they have signed Wales and Lions Scrumhalf Gareth Cooper from Gloucester RFC. The news comes only a week after the announcement that they have signed Australian International utility back, Sam Norton-Knight.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/33_4162.php

Cardiff Blues have signed Wales scrum-half Gareth Cooper from Gloucester and fly-half Nicky Robinson is quitting the Arms Park for Kingsholm.

Cooper, 29, has been linked with a move back to Wales for some time and his switch may end speculation of the Blues signing Dwayne Peel from Sale.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ues/7927383.stm

7. dullonien

dullonien Guest

Overall it definately improves the Blues. They were really lacking a quality scrum half, and Cooper is certainly that. With Norton Night at 10, this Blues team is going to look mighty impressive next season. It's dissapointing to see Nicky go, but hopefully he does well at Gloucester and improves further as a player.

8. Nicky Robinson is going the other way:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

I just hope Cooper can stay fit, as he's very injury prone. Allison and Rees arent adequate cover.

10. RLuke07

RLuke07 Guest

I would have been thrilled to have Peel but I'm more than happy with the signing of Cooper

He's been playing well under Gatland but has had a mixed time at Glaws

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

partly because he's been injured so much.

12. danny

danny Guest

Cooper has been dreadfull for my team but I feel that if he plays behind a decent pack he can look good. Shame for us as I had high hopes for him at Glos. Blues have a better pack than Glos so he could be a decent signing. Just dont expect him to do anything in a dog fight as he is very flimsy.

13. Ozzay

Ozzay Guest

Whats this Aussie like? I haven't heard much about him.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!