• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

yoe91's World XV

psychic duck

International
Would probably be something like this ...

15. Jamie Roberts
14. Richie Gray
13. Matt Banahan
12. Mathieu Bastareaud
11. Alex Cuthbert
10. Manu Tuilagi
9. Mike Phillips
1. Ollie le Roux
2. Cencus Johnston
3. Tony Buckley
4. Olly Kohn
5. Devin Toner
6. Opeti Fonua
7. Henry Tuilagi
8. Craig Quinnell

I'm pretty sure yoe91 is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet its maker. He is a late poster. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed him to the perch, he would be pushing up the daisies. He's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. He is an ex-poster.

Craig Quinnell is the boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would probably be something like this ...

15. Jamie Roberts
14. Richie Gray
13. Matt Banahan
12. Mathieu Bastareaud
11. Alex Cuthbert
10. Manu Tuilagi
9. Mike Phillips
1. Ollie le Roux
2. Cencus Johnston
3. Tony Buckley
4. Olly Kohn
5. Devin Toner
6. Opeti Fonua
7. Henry Tuilagi
8. Craig Quinnell

This could also be a lot of pundits world 15 with some of the tripe being talked about the six nations. Worlds best 15, 10???? Alex Goode!!!

It's pretty unsettling that a user you have zero interest in and in fact 'blocked' would dedicate a thread to you. Well, he refers to me as "yoe91"...such a strange little grasshopper...

now, now...the OP is practically the personification of subtle. Every day of my life I wonder how he isn't called "Majestically articulate duck", or something in that vain...err VEIN ! in that vein*

Plus, I'd be lying if I said that XV living sacrifice has quoted doesn't give me a raging hardon. Mmmmmm............an 112kg flyhalf...

Boys play nicely in the thread please ...

Anyway Ewis ... the more important question is who is in your XV? Be rude not to answer the OP question!

yoe knows he wants it...

:lol:

Aww God I'm too tempted...and I haven't thought about it in a WHILE...here goes:

1 - Beast (South Africa)
2 - Stephen Moore (Australia)
3 - Mas (France)
4 - Etzebeth (South Africa)
5 - Retallick (New Zealand)
6 - Alberts (South Africa)
7 - Hooper (Australia)
8 - Reade (New Zealand)
9 - M.Philips (Wales)
10 - Jonny Sexton (Ireland)
11 - North (Wales)
12 - Manu Tuilagi (England)
13 - Fofana (France)
14 - Savea (New Zealand)
15 - Folau (Australia)

Aww God I'm too tempted...and I haven't thought about it in a WHILE...here goes:

1 - Beast (South Africa)
3 - Mas (France)
7 - Hooper (Australia)
8 - Reade (New Zealand)
9 - M.Philips (Wales)
11 - North (Wales)
13 - Fofana (France)
14 - Savea (New Zealand)
15 - Folau (Australia)
Is George North the superhero you wanted to use?
North, Savea, Folau back three. Going forward would be mental. Defence, also mental...

Is George North the superhero you wanted to use?
North, Savea, Folau back three. Going forward would be mental. Defence, also mental...

aaah nice one :D. No, the only superhero in Rugby is Rob Kearney, and he's not in my XV.
Oh and only reason I'm not picking Adam Jones at 3 is workrate. Nicolas Mas still is active at the breakdown, in rucks, tackles...I find him better in non-scrum action and still a top 3 scrummager.

Man, North and Savea on the wings would DESTROY, along with Tuilagi in the middle...better be ready to tackle. Is Fofana fair ? JDV comes to mind and others...

Moore and Philips?
I know you like a good joke, Ewis, but that's taking it too far :p

Moore is a good hooker tbh. He is no Hibbard or du plessis, but very good for an Aussie front rower.

1 - Beast (South Africa)
3 - Mas (France)
7 - Hooper (Australia)
8 - Reade (New Zealand)
9 - M.Philips (Wales)
11 - North (Wales)
13 - Fofana (France)
14 - Savea (New Zealand)
15 - Folau (Australia)

Bismarck in for Moore
Healy in for Beast
O'Brien in for Alberts
Genia in for Phillips
Swap centres round and maybe Ben Smith in for Tuilagi

Otherwise it's a perfect team haha

Moore and Philips?
I know you like a good joke, Ewis, but that's taking it too far :p

there isn't a no.9 that convinces me categorically. I like Laidlaw, I like some of the french ones, I like Smith from NZ, du Preez....heck, Care played excellent in Paris. There's Genia...bug none really strike me as decisively the right one. And I've seen the advantage of being so massive at 9 from Philips, I've seen some fine games from him in recent memories (he sucks in France but plays awesome for his country), he started for the Lions...plus, he's just a gorgeous man. I'll pick him...mostly because he's good at Rugby, not because he's a gorgeous man, of course, that would be insane.

Moore has been under my radar for a while and I really liked him this year. I'd like to think he brings Moore, sorry, more* to the game than a more linear/classic Bismarck.

Bismarck in for Moore
Healy in for Beast
O'Brien in for Alberts
Genia in for Phillips
Swap centres round and maybe Ben Smith in for Tuilagi

Otherwise it's a perfect team haha

I'd agree with all those actually...can't believe I forgot O'Brien for a while there. How ungrateful is memory, guy's been injured some weeks I'd already erased him integrally from my mind ! :p

And honestly I'm not convinced by my choices at locks. I've seen attractive stuff from Etzebeth and know stuff, and Retallick is a good young powerful second rower...but I'm totally fine with someone coming in with totally different choices for both, I'm just curious to see who.

Healy does do more than Beast in real time play though, i.e. away from the scrum...maybe Healy should be picked there, but he's not as powerful a LH in the scrums.

Same for Jonny Sexton and the 10 jersey: with Wilko out of the race and Carter fading slowly, I don't think Cruden's the best in the world, France are still confused about which one they want...I don't have a clear favorite. I'd go with Sexton because he best fits the modern 10: tall, strong, sound on defense, excellent kicker, and fulfills FH responsibilities well over all, but he's no attacking legend or super athletic and magnificent to watch or anything...he's a rigid, classic 10. Probably the best bet right now, though..

My left nut would make a good replacement for Moore. More likely to hook in the scrum, better looking AND it has more hair too.

My left nut would make a good replacement for Moore. More likely to hook in the scrum, better looking AND it has more hair too.

You just described one of your testicles on a forum to other men . You my friend are a legend

Latest posts