• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

You Beauty: NZ team to play France

B

bjok

New Zealand team for NZL v FRA
Call up: Keith Robinson will start in the All Blacks second row against France.PARIS, 2 October - New Zealand head coach Graham Henry on Tuesday announced his team to play France in the IRB Rugby World Cup quarter-final match at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday.

New Zealand:

1 Tony Woodcock
2 Anton Oliver
3 Carl Hayman
4 Keith Robinson
5 Ali Williams
6 Jerry Collins
7 Richie McCaw ©
8 Rodney So'oialo
9 Byron Kelleher
10 Dan Carter
11 Sitiveni Sivivatu
12 Luke McAlister
13 Mils Muliaina
14 Joe Rokocoko
15 Leon MacDonald

Replacements:

16 Keven Mealamu
17 Neemia Tialata
18 Chris Jack
19 Chris Masoe
20 Brendon Leonard
21 Nick Evans
22 Isaia Toeava

You little ripper (pun intended)!!!!!!!!!!! Mils at centre. After being repeatedly slagged off for saying that this was our best combo, I'd like those responsible (and they know who they are) to openly admit defeat and prostrate themselves before their computers while looking at a picture of Leon McDonald.

After being repeatedly slagged off for saying that this was our best combo, I'd like those responsible (and they know who they are) to openly admit defeat and prostrate themselves before their computers while looking at a picture of Leon McDonald.
[/b]

Perhaps keep the prostrating until after we've won the game...

<div class='quotemain'>
After being repeatedly slagged off for saying that this was our best combo, I'd like those responsible (and they know who they are) to openly admit defeat and prostrate themselves before their computers while looking at a picture of Leon McDonald.
[/b]

Perhaps keep the prostrating until after we've won the game...
[/b][/quote]
No, all those responsible should take a photo whilst doing it and then send it to Leon for good luck.

im happy with Mills being at centre... but very nervous with Panadol at Fullback...

either way we went it was going to be a risk.... Smith at Centre or Panadol at Fullback. the three wisemen thought Panadol was less of a risk.

im suprised because i didnt think Mills was an option at centre... he hasnt played at centre for over a year so i didnt think putting him in at centre before the biggest game of the year was a realistic option...

and who slagged you off??? you were the person making it personal... you seem to be offended that some people dont hate conrad smith or that everyone doesnt love anyone from canterbury.... you need to stop taking everything to heart....

A powerful All Blacks line-up. I'm pleased with the team selection and I can't wait to see what Chabal would try and do to destroy the ABs again. So mainly a big competition in the fowards. And as for the backs, the ABs are well above their opponents.

The strongest team on paper so far bar of course Oliver what on earth do they see in this old mug, has he ever thrown a straight ball in the lineout? As laurie mains has commented, the faster you get rid of Anton the better the lineouts will become

I mean it was perfectly logical to expect a guy who has only played 5 minutes against Portugal all year at Centre to start a World Cup Quarter Final at that position...

I can live with Mils at centre when you consider the fact Thorne and Mauger are both nowhere to be seen, and Ali Williams is getting the start. Hopefully Toeava will get a run with 20 minutes or so to go, he is the sort who can do some real damage in the second half. Mils was the safe option I guess after the attempts to play Conrad into form failed.

Wairarapa Cullen
Sep 26 2007, 06:38 PM Post #24

"Whoever think Mils "possibly the best fullback in the world" Muliaina should play at centre deserves to be shot.

What idiot would play a guy as calm and collective as Mils at centre, where his talents are much needed at 15?!?! It's astonishing to think MacDonald can do the same job as him at the rear guard.

Best scenario is Smith @ 13 and Mils @ 15, make no mistake about it."

Now you say the team picked to play France is "good" (Pool C forum; now removed);

"You talk utter *****" (another pearler from a past WairarapaC quote) seems to sum up your opinions quite well.

I mean it was perfectly logical to expect a guy who has only played 5 minutes against Portugal all year at Centre to start a World Cup Quarter Final at that position...

I can live with Mils at centre when you consider the fact Thorne and Mauger are both nowhere to be seen, and Ali Williams is getting the start. Hopefully Toeava will get a run with 20 minutes or so to go, he is the sort who can do some real damage in the second half. Mils was the safe option I guess after the attempts to play Conrad into form failed.
[/b]
Injuries!! Duh!!

Yeah... because Panadol has been hurt the entire pool play, or in the early tests against the French and the Canucks.

Luke at 2nd 5 I would of preferred Mauger there because after watching all All Black games so far in the RWC Luke's got a habit of tryna be too tricky a bit like Carlos Spencer though if he runs it the opposition will find it hard to stop him.

If Mauger plays 2nd 5 he has experience and I can't fault his RWC campaign so far.

I would of liked to have see Conrad Smith at centre but must admit Mils is a better option right now. Rangi at the back oh dunno aye Mitchell chose him over Cullen last World Cup so I guess the 3 wisemen must be on the same buzz. He's hoping Rangi doesn't end up being put into centre again.

Geez, give it a rest already. Obviously the Cartel think McAlister is better than Mauger in this game...and I agree with them. :p

Mauger had his chances in the Tri-Nations to cement his positions but he fooked it up, now he's trying to get back in the good books but it's too fooking late.

Only chance left for him is to poison McAlister or hope to hell he gets injured.

I'm surprised Smith didn't get the centre spot, guess it's because MacDonald is in better form.

Hope we win :D

well my team was well off! lol...i understand what game they are playing now especially with having both roks and sivi..they are just gonna blast all there weaponry at them..no playing conservative apart from carter doing the kicking

so they are looking for a solid platform from the tight 5 around setpiece and the rucks..and then they just gonna spin it wide and let our backs attack all night

ha! sounds good!..im actually feeling abit more confident about the allblacks winning comfortably

Even though I never really liked the idea of Mils at center, I guess it doesn't matter now and am fairly content with it. I would have liked to see Evans start at 15 ahead of Panadol.
Bloody brilliant to see big Keith start, watch out Chabal ;)

With all due respect to France, they will need a dose of the 'natural' drug that has somehow turned them into champions in the past. Frog legs or what ever.

To give all the nervous NZers who are getting worried about the sudden death stage a word of support, the team and the coaches have pretty much done the job to date so let's send out the good vibe that NZ All Black rugby with it's rich history will give this team the best posible chance of winning. Let's all support them and enjoy the ride.

For me a strong team but would have like Luke off the bench covering 10/12 and Mauger starting.

Good luck to the French because IMO they will need luck to keep it under 15. But with sport the beauty is in the unpredictabilty.

Ritchie Man of the mathch.

The strongest team on paper so far bar of course Oliver what on earth do they see in this old mug, has he ever thrown a straight ball in the lineout? As laurie mains has commented, the faster you get rid of Anton the better the lineouts will become [/b]

I assume that you think Mealamu should be starting? Well this doesn't bother me much really. Mealamu stands out as an impact player. If you put him into the game straight off the bench, clearly we'll see that he's doing his job superbly well and highly above average. He comes in and adds more momentum into the fowards (as always). This isn't the first time we see this happening.

Oliver's lineouts are absolutley shocking and isnt the biggest impact runner. Mealamu's lineouts are better and also he is a much better runner.

Oliver is the type of player who will throw a crap lineout 5 meters out from the AB's own tryline, which will cost us a try.

Mealamu starting, Oliver on the bench.

I shall tear McCaw and Carter's heads from their miniscule bodies.

May the wrath of Chabal be incurred upon all who think they are gods.

Latest posts