• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

You can buy Tigers if you have £60,000,000 Lying around.

Are there any professional rugby teams that are publicly owned by shareholders?

Last edited:
This highlights how many people in rugby have no idea how the clubs are owned.
Seen people say Tigers is run by the fans, despite us having one guy who owns 46% of shares already.

I'm going to use my trust fund to become a shareholder and then throw around my weight to ban Tigs Man and Neil Back from games. Also the club will relocate to Wolverhampton.

@RugbyUSA I know the likes of Exeter claim to be owned by something like over 600 individual shareholders but have no idea of the breakdown of this ownership. Seems fairly clandestine.

Exeter model is very misleading.
For example I would love to know how much costs are absorbed by it's main sponsor who just so happens to be owned the chairman of Exeter.

No rugby club has a Green Bay packers type not for profit model though.

Exeter model is very misleading.
For example I would love to know how much costs are absorbed by it's main sponsor who just so happens to be owned the chairman of Exeter.

No rugby club has a Green Bay packers type not for profit model though.
Yeah that was certainly my thought too. I'm sure they have a majority or near majority shareholder like Tigers do. Nearly all the others are owned by one individual or business entity to the best of my knowledge.
Not sure what the suss in France is beyond the various well known billionaire owners.

This highlights how many people in rugby have no idea how the clubs are owned.
Seen people say Tigers is run by the fans, despite us having one guy who owns 46% of shares already.
No idea what so ever how a club is run :)

Strange you'd trust someone from Leicester with your money. They'll just spend it on John Smith's and slow Irish backs.
I did notice he'd been skimming off the top, I just assumed he'd been spending it on Anne Summers lingerie and romantic dinners for two for his sister

Latest posts