• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Young and future stars in the 2017/18 season

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Exeter
I made this thread to see which young players you guys think will dominate this season (im aware many england players are young or sub 25.)

Im talking players like the curry twins and underhill or Iseikwe not getting game time due to so many good locks at sarries ( and my thought that he should come to chiefs :) )

So any U18 u21 or young talent and predictions for the future

Hoping that Cokonasiga and Earle both have good seasons, would be good for England to have some power on the wing.

I posted this XV on another forum ...

1. Lewis Boyce - Harlequins: Has made the Championship 'team of the season' twice on the bounce so I'm keen to see if he can establish himself as Marler's understudy.

2. Jack Walker - Bath: Last season should have been a breakthrough for him but for injury. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can back up his fast-track development through the age grades.

3. Simon Kerrod - Worcester: The best tighthead in the Championship. Should be a good understudy to Schonert and is EQ.

4. David Ribbans - Northampton: Looked very good after signing at the end of last season. Another EQ South African and IMO, he could play his way onto Eddie Jones' radar if he keeps it up.

5. Nick Isiekwe - Saracens: 'The next Itoje' looked accomplished on his senior England debut. Hard to say how much game time he'll get but an obvious one to watch.

6. Lewis Ludlam - Northampton: I'm going to go with Ludlam one last time ... he has to move if he spends another season wasting away in the reserves.

7. Sam Underhill - Bath: Obviously ... of course I'll be keeping a close eye on the Currys but this season will be our first extended look at whether Underhill can live up to the hype.

8. Sam Simmonds - Exeter: Looked excellent last season and I'm looking forward to seeing him continue his development this time out. Mercer is obviously another to keep a close eye on.

9. Jack Maunder - Exeter: Another obvious choice TBH.

10. Max Malins - Saracens: How much game time he'll get is highly debatable but looks a massive talent and must break through at some point soon.

11. Joe Cokanasiga - London Irish: Raw but has the potential to be a one man highlight reel.

12. Johnny Williams - London Irish: Almost a forgotten man. If he can recover fitness and form, he's definitely one to watch.

13. Joe Marchant - Harlequins: Obviously ...

14. Perry Humphreys - Worcester: Looked excellent in flashes last season. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

15. Jamie Shillcock - Worcester: Like Humphreys, he looked excellent pre-injury.

CBA doing a whole XV.

Just tigers players
WIll Evans
Ben Betts
Sam Lewis
Ben White
Harry Simmons
George Worth
and Thacker

TBF mine was a copy-paste effort!

The 2 young scrum halfs to watch both come from the chiefs. Maunder and townsend both proved they can hold their own under pressure. Just dont know what to make of nic white, obv international class player for the chiefs but we need to develop not buy players and most of our winning streak plus semi and final hav been with a young townsend as first choice who earned place aboit chudley.

Nick Iseikwe is another point of annoyance for me. He is ypung with loads of potential but if it wasnt bad enough last season stick behind kruise and itoje now they bring in skelton. He needs to be released to play for a club to get game time while young.

Earle and cockasiga totally agree for a powerful winger but again earle needs game time to to be released as they have liam williams this year,wing/FB. Cockasiga could dominate but i cant say as i havnt seen the guy play as he was injured for the second leg final v yorkshire which i was at (who i cheered for haha) lewington was there though just saying.

Solomona. Ex league ayer who cant tackle....if he sures up defensively he could be world class easily. The guy can score from anywhere

Currys showed what they can do. Well 1 did but im sure they are pretty much the same haha. Naa different players slightly but hope to see them get better as this season.

Kvesic. Curious as hes only 24/25 but who knows

Watson...not young or new but needs a new position internationally so needs to be FB for club too IMO...even if it means watson on the bench for back 3 cover and daly at wing or vice versa. Until brown is phased out.

Thanks for the previous post as im still not up to date with alot of the young talent have to kwep an eye out for your 15.

Both Curry twins showed what they can do. Ben Curry played more and was statistically a lot better than Tom for Sale in almost every department. He would have been on the bench against the Barbarians instead of Tom but dropped out very late with a back spasm. Tom took his chance and earned his start in Argentina. Underhill was always going to start if fit, so Ben was very unlucky.

Both Currys have shown they have the temperament so I don't think it will be too long before Ben gets a chance with England.

Other players I'll be keeping an eye out for:

Will Evans (Leicester)
Lewis Ludlow (Gloucester)
Will Witty (Newcastle)
Theo Brophy-Clews (London Irish)
Will Butler (Worcester)

Latest posts