• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your 31 man Squad and Starting 15 for Your country in the Rugby World Cup 2019 guys part 2 :)

He's had a bad time with injuries so it will be good to see him back playing, hate to see a world class player sat on the sideline regardless of the competion.

I've read today that he has started some contact work so, that's a promising sign.

All blacks squad narrowed to to 36 from 41.
Karl dropped due to immobility, aumua, frizell, papalii, j Ione dropped too.

So the final 31 is likely to come from the remaining 36, plus maybe squire, potentially the injured Tim perry too.

Given retallick fitness will still likely be in question by the time they name the 31, but how important he is when fit, they won't want to go too light on the lock options. This is probably why there are still 36 in the squad.

Therefore, I think the 5 to miss out will be ennor, bridge, laulala, Laumape, Fifita.

If retallick is looking proper fit they will choose Fifita at the expense of hemopo.

If they pick squire he will be a straight replacement for Jacobson.

If I had to pick from the 36 I'd leave out j barret, Reece, laulala, sbw, tuipolotu. And I wouldn't pick squire no matter how fit he is. I realise people think j barret will be needed as a third ten option but given he can't pass the ball id prefer tj or even George bridge.

That would make their all black squad as below with my differences in brackets, names after "/" representing the options for contingencies mentioned above

Moody Moli
Coles Taylor Coltman
Franks taavao tuungafasi
Retallick tuipolotu (Fifita)
Whitelock Barrett hemopo/ Fifita (hemopo)
Squire/ Jacobson (Jacobson)
Cane savea todd
Read
A.smith perenara weber
Mounga b.barret
Ione j.barret (ennor)
Crotty sbw (Laumape)
Goodhue leinert-brown
Reece (bridge)
B.smith

Just read Faletau is out of the World Cup... I feel sick. Devastated for him and Wales.

Just read Faletau is out of the World Cup... I feel sick. Devastated for him and Wales.
Crap news. Probably my favourite Welsh player when fit and firing. When was the last time he was able to string a few games together? He's getting to Tuilagi levels of injury proneness.

Crap news. Probably my favourite Welsh player when fit and firing. When was the last time he was able to string a few games together? He's getting to Tuilagi levels of injury proneness.

Dunno, I do know his last game for Wales was 2018 6N.

It's the one position Wales can't really afford to lose anybody, which just impacts the nuts with a bit more of a solid contact.

I guess that guarantees Moriarty to start at 8 now. Who's after him? Navidi?

Yup... though neither are really 8s in all honesty. We just don't seem to produce 8s at the moment... even Faletau would be a 6 if we had a big burly 8 like Binny.

Big loss for Wales. But they have won all their games on their unbeaten run without him haven't they or the vast majority?

Big loss for Wales. But they have won all their games on their unbeaten run without him haven't they or the vast majority?

Yeah we have to be fair but the big complaint (particularly from outside of Wales) is our lack of tries. I'm confident if you added a Faletau to that team, a lot of things would suddenly click into place.

Yeah we have to be fair but the big complaint (particularly from outside of Wales) is our lack of tries. I'm confident if you added a Faletau to that team, a lot of things would suddenly click into place.
Agreed. Top class player with a real rugby brain who'd improve pretty much any team.

There will be more stories of dashed dreams in the weeks to come.

As i said before even though he plays against England i hate to see i world class player like him sitting out. Regardless of competition.

Fighting with billy and manu for most injury prone ***le.

He adds so much to wales and bath. Powerful but mobile. He scored a hat trick vs Gloucester a while ago which was just him being always in the right place to support and powerful enough to finish.

Bad news for Faletau. The 'Missing Men XV' sadly keeps getting stronger.

Can we please stop jinxing Manu and Billy?

A bit late to the party but i can't not put in my picks for a Bok XV (XXXI?);

I'm not clued up on fitness but these are my picks (and thank goodness I am not the Bok coach);

Forwards (17):
Prop (5):
Tendai Mtawarira (1), Lizo Gqoboka (17)
Frans Malherbe (3), Trevor Nyakane (18), Wilco Louw

Hooker (3):
Malcolm Marx (2), Bongi Mbonambi (16), Schalk Brits

Lock (4):
Eben Etzebeth (4), Franco Mostert (5), RG Snyman (19), Lood de Jager

Loose Forward (5):
Duane Vermeulen (8), Siya Kolisi (6), Pieter-Steph du Toit (7), Francois Louw (20), Marcel Coetzee.

Backs (14):
Scrumhalf (3):
Herschel Jantjies (9), Faf de Klerk (21), Cobus Reinach

Flyhalf (3):
Handre Pollard (10), Elton Jantjies (22), Damian Willemse

Center (4):
Francois Steyn (12), Jan Serfontein (13), Jesse Kriel (23) Damian de Allende

Wing(3):
Aphiwe Dyantyi (11), Cheslin Kolbe (14), Dillyn Leyds

Fullback (1):
Willie le Roux (15)

I am biased towards form here and though it may look as if I am light at fullback, all of Steyn, Kolbe, Kriel, Leyds and Willemse can cover 15.

Extended pool:
Steven Kitshoff, Akker van der Merwe, Coenie Oosthuizen, Jaco Kriel, Embrose Papier, Curwin Bosch, Lukhanyo Am, Warrick Gelant

1. TETAZ CHAPARRO, Nahuel - (Jaguares - UAR) - Loosehead Prop/Tighthead Prop
  2. VIVAS, Mayco - (Jaguares - UAR) - Loosehead Prop
  3. CREEVY, Agustín - (Jaguares - UAR) - Hooker
  4. MONTOYA, Jukián - (Jaguares - UAR) - Hooker
  5. SOCINO, Santiago - (Jaguares - UAR) - Hooker
  6. FIGALLO, Juan - (Saracens - RFU) - Tighthead Prop
  7. MEDRANO, Santiago - (Jaguares - UAR) - Tighthead Prop
  8. PIERETTO, Enrique - (Jaguares - UAR) - Prop
  9. PETTI, Guido - (Jaguares - UAR) - Second Row
  10. LAVANINI, Tomás - (Jaguares - UAR) - Second Row
  11. ALEMANNO, Matías - (Jaguares - UAR) - Second Row
  12. MATERA, Pablo - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row
  13. LEZANA, Tomás - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row
  14. ORTEGA DESIO, Javier - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row
  15. KREMER, Marcos - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row/Second Row
  16. BRUNI, Rodrigo - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row
  17. LEGUIZAMÓN, Juan Manuel - (Jaguares - UAR) - Back Row
  18. CUBELLI, Tomás - (Jaguares - UAR) - Scrum-half
  19. EZCURRA, Felipe - (Hindú - URBA) - Scrum-half
  20. SÁNCHEZ, Nicolás - (Stade Francais - FFR) - Fly-half
  21. URDAPILLETA, Benjamín - (Castres - FFR) - Fly-half
  22. DE LA FUENTE, Jerónimo - (Jaguares - UAR) - Centre
  23. ORLANDO, Matías - (Jaguares - UAR) - Centre
  24. MORONI, Matías - (Jaguares - UAR) - Centre/Wing
  25. MENSA, Lucas - (Pucará - URBA) - Centre
  26. MALLÍA, Juan Cruz - (Jaguares - UAR) - Centre/Fly-half/Wing/Fullback
  27. MOYANO, Ramiro - (Jaguares - UAR) - Wing/Fullback
  28. DELGUY, Bautista - (Jaguares - UAR) - Wing
  29. BOFFELLI, Emiliano - (Jaguares - UAR) - Wing/Fullback
  30. TUCULET, Joaquín - (Jaguares - UAR) - Wing/Fullback
  31. CARRERAS, Santiago - (Jaguares - UAR) - Wing/Fullback/Centre
The 31 man roster named for Mario Ledesma to go to RWC.

Facundo ISA, Ramiro HERRERA, Juan IMHOFF, Joaquín DIAZ BONILLA, Santiago CORDERO, and Sebastián CANCELLIERE are some of the notables absenties.

Last edited:
How have Isa and Imhoff been playing in France? Well?

How have Isa and Imhoff been playing in France? Well?

They've been pretty good but Imhoff was not sniffing Pumas RWC squad

Guy is 31 years old Not many wingers played well at Int'l level at that age in recent times
Imhoff last game for Pumas was in 2105

Isa missing outside is laughably embarrassing & calls in to question Ledesma's
judgement It's made even worse that he's been overlooked for
a 36 year old past his best JM Leguizemon

Facundo Isa isn't that one who leaves Jaguares in a great moment, being the ball carrier that was needed. He's out of form, slow, heavy, with a poor mobility and in a low level. Even on his team in France, the Toulon.
There is only the memory of what he used to be. His presence is not significant for the team of Los Pumas at this time.

Last edited:
Facundo Isa isn't that one who leaves Jaguares in a great moment, being the ball carrier that was needed. He's out of form, slow, heavy, with a poor mobility and in a low level. Even on his team in France, the Toulon.
There is only the memory of what he used to be. His presence is not significant for the team of Los Pumas at this time.

Argie this is some strong revisionist history

Compared to Ortega Desio & JM Leguizemon Facundo Isa is a far superior player

I know who the French & English packs worry more about & it's not the Jaguares flankers

There is widespread shock and bemusement that Isa + Santiago Cordero
are not in Los Pumas RWC squad

This alone should indicate to you the laughable omission of these 2 players

Ledesma is a clown & out of his depth IMO

ARG in his reign have lost 9 Test Matches in a row & lost 16 of 18 in total
These are disgraceful records to have for a Tier 1 team

Latest posts