• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your All Black team to face the French

R

Ripper

With the Pool Play out of the way, and the All Blacks crusing through, getting all 20 points despite playing in 3rd Gear most of the time, it's now time to look towards the real games.

My Team to play the French (since Ireland suck and I will be more shocked if they beat Argentina by more than 7 points while crossing over 4 time than I was when the Fijians knocked over Wales)

1. Woodcock

2. Mealamu

3. Hayman

4. Williams

5. Jack

6. Collins

7. McCaw

8. Rodney

9. Kellehar (Seems to love playing against the Frogs)

10. Carter/Evans

11. Rocokoko

12. McAlister

13. Toeava

14. Howlett

15. Mils

16. Sommerville

17. Hore (Has been a crackerjack off the bench in all aspects so far while Oliver has plodded along)

18. Lauaki

19. Masoe

20. Leonard

21. Evans/Panadol

22. Sivivatu

What will probably happen is that Oliver will get the bench spot, while Smith may get ahead of Toeava, although Toeava IMO is atleast going to get a bench spot due to his versatility and the brittleness of Smith. Robinson may get a bench spot, but I just don't see where, Lauaki was bought along for his bench value in the Play Off's, while the Cartel seem to have a man crush on Masoe, who is the only other play capable of playing 7 bar probably Rodney. Rocokoko has been more consisitent IMO during the pool play than Sivivatu, he has just kept on rolling while Sivivatu has had a bunch of brain explosions and disappears. Although they could roll any of the possible Wing Combo's without causing any sleep loss for AB Fans.

Any word on Carters injury?

Apparently Carter had just a little ****le and would be sweet for next week. He was running round the park with the team before kick off last night with no real problems, so it's a safe bet he'll start.

My team:

Woodcock

Mealamu

Hayman

Jack

Williams

Collins

McCaw ©

So'oialo

Kelleher

Carter

Rokocoko

McAlister

Smith

Howlett

Muliaina

Oliver

Somerville

Robinson

Masoe

Leonard

Evans

Sivivatu

Would love to include Lauaki but lately he just doesn't seem interested and has hardly built up a head of steam. If Robinson gets injured yet again I'd replace him with Sione. I have always preferred Smith and I'm not going to change my mind now. Toeava played well last night, but it still was only Romania and I'd put my trust into Smith in the bigger games against better teams. Sivivatu is out of form so Joe is ahead of him at the moment.

Apparently Carter had just a little ****le and would be sweet for next week. He was running round the park with the team before kick off last night with no real problems, so it's a safe bet he'll start.

My team:

Woodcock

Mealamu

Hayman

Jack

Williams

Collins

McCaw ©

So'oialo

Kelleher

Carter

Rokocoko

McAlister

Smith

Howlett

Muliaina

Oliver

Somerville

Robinson

Masoe

Leonard

Evans

Sivivatu

Would love to include Lauaki but lately he just doesn't seem interested and has hardly built up a head of steam. If Robinson gets injured yet again I'd replace him with Sione. I have always preferred Smith and I'm not going to change my mind now. Toeava played well last night, but it still was only Romania and I'd put my trust into Smith in the bigger games against better teams. Sivivatu is out of form so Joe is ahead of him at the moment.
[/b]

Actually come to think of it, flag Robinson, I want to see Lauaki counter that so called beast Chabal and show him how it's really done. So scratch Robinson altogether and chuck in Lauaki on the bench.

I think you'll find the Cartel will start Robinson against the French with either Jack or Williams coming off the bench.

My team:

Woodcock

Oliver

Hayman

Jack

Williams

Collins

McCaw ©

So'oialo

Kelleher

Carter

Rokocoko

McAlister

Muliaina

Howlett

McDonald

Mealamu

Somerville

Thorne

Masoe

Ellis

Evans

Sivivatu

Persisting with Mils at center ay bjok... if that were the case I'd play Evans at full back instead of Leon

1.woodcock
2.oliver
3.hayman
simple because this is the same trio that destroys the french scrum everytime they clash

4.williams
5.jack
superb open running games from both..havent seen great competition in the lineouts but this is the best we got..and they are not to bad either lol

6.collins
7.mccaw
8.sooialo
while sooialo isnt the best number.8 in the world..he compliments so much what jerry and richie does..and thats all we need for him,to clean up on collins and mccaw..he is one of the best scrappers for the ball at ruck time and is forever hungry for work..collins is the damager that will settle everything on defence and attack..and mccaw is just the best in the world...lethal trio

9.kelleher
10.carter (if injured then mcalistair with evans on bench)
12.mauger
13.smith
i just think that this is the make up of the midfield they will go for..if not smith then toeava...i just dont think henry likes having mills and mcdonald on at the same time

11.sivivatu
14.howlett
15.mcdonald
i think siti is our best attacking winger at the moment and howlett is the conservative coverage player..mcdonald to me..is our best fullback..which isnt bad since mills is rated the best in the world

bench.....
mealamu,somerville,robinson,masoe,leonard,mcalistair,muliaina

cant hold anything back now...still its the french..but in cardiff?...neatral ground..the most important test match to date for both teams..4years of planning on this! GO ABS

How can you think they will go with Mauger and Smith when they haven't once done it in 4 years except off the bench against Romania - All of Smith's tests have been played outside either Umaga or McAlister who are strong ballrunners.

i just dont like mcalistair starting...yep it sounds wrong but when hes having a bad game..hes having a really bad game..when hes not hes having a stand up game..is it something worth gambling on when mauger is more experienced?...luke is capable of making the typical spencer brain explosion

i only chose smith cos i think hes a favorite among the ab panel..i dont see why sometimes becoz sometimes he plays like a rueban thorne and goes missing alot...
id personally choose mills or toeava..but i just think the panel entrust so much into smith

State something Luke has done which can even remotely be related to a Carlos brain explosion then. Yes, he may try some stupid kicks and chips from inside his own 22 against a team like Italy. But I doubt he'll try that stuff in bigger games. Mauger has brain explosions more often than not, for example the Butch James intercept try with that 50/50 pop up pass in this years tri nations.

Not fair to single McAlister out, because if you think about it the only consistent backs of ours are Mils and Carter who hardly put a step wrong. Luke and Conrad is the best combination whom have been tested at top level and succeeded with flying colours. Why try a complete new combination in Mauger and Smith who would hardly intimidate the more bulkier opposing centers? We need a strong ball runner, McAlister gives us that and Mauger doesn't. Simple as that.

we will see what happens..im presuming you guys are gonna be right with the selection...just personal preference..the fact he does stupid little things with ball says alot..and means hes prone to it even more..in which top games has a smith and mccalistair been in at 12 and 13?...where is you have mauger who has plenty experience in the upper echelon of rugby finals..

but what ever the selectors choose i will back and hope they have the goods

we will see what happens..im presuming you guys are gonna be right with the selection...just personal preference..the fact he does stupid little things with ball says alot..and means hes prone to it even more..in which top games has a smith and mccalistair been in at 12 and 13?...where is you have mauger who has plenty experience in the upper echelon of rugby finals..

but what ever the selectors choose i will back and hope they have the goods
[/b]

France tour last year where they demolished Fritz and Jauzion (best center in the world). It may not be much, but it still is solid evidence of a good partnership playing well in big games. Mauger has lost all my confidence this year. At the beginning of the year I would have hated to see McAlister start. I think Mauger has handed him the jersey as opposed to Luke taking it from him.

but what ever the selectors choose i will back and hope they have the goods [/b]

Stupid little things with the ball like say... kick it out on the full twice in 5 minutes while we were a man down in the dying stages of a Bledisoe Cup test when the All Blacks are defending a slim lead?

McAlister has started all the big tests this year bar the first Springbok test - he was slated to start in the First Bledisoe Cup test before all the centres started dropping like flies, and he started in the Bledisoe Cup decider, he also started both the Scotland and Italian Pool Games while Mauger only got runs against the cannon fodder.

You just hate him because he's better than your boy Nacewa.

1. Woodcock
2. Oliver
3. Hayman
4. Williams
5. Jack
6. Collins
7. McCaw
8. Rodney
9. Kelleher
10. Carter (Evans if Carter is injured)
11. Rocokoko
12. McAlister
13. Smith
14. Howlett
15. Mils

16. Sommerville
17. Mealamu
18. Lauaki (Thorne if Lauaki is suspended)
19. Masoe
20. Leonard
21. Evans (Mauger if Carter is injured)
22. MacDonald

France don't really have a daunting lineout, so I wouldn't risk Robinson in this game. I'd rather leave him for the Australians in the semi.
Also gives the chance to rotate the locks.

I put Mils at the back cos he's just safe. The Frogs will test him with the high balls, and varying kicks. I trust Mils a whole lot more than MacDonald when it comes to those sort of things.

MacDonald has been in great form. His option taking on offence has been great, so he'd be good impact off the bench. Mils is Mr. Utility so no need for Toeava to be there.
If Carter is injured, I'd assume Mauger will get the other bench spot, as no1 can really cover 12. Toeava has never played there for the All Blacks, although I believe he'd do a good job, but its not a risk the cartel would take. Also, they wouldn't put MacDonald there, lol.

Chabal would wet his pants if he had to go up against Collins and Lauaki. He already went off injured after going up against Collins. Adding Lauaki to the mix would make things even more lopsided lol

^^^i dont think they would need lauaki...sooialo and collins are enough punishment..from what ive seen so far from lauaki he hasnt done anything to gain him a placing ahead of sooialo or collins..then the bench spot must go to masoe since he plays all looseforward positions

HEY RIPPER..shut yer trap mate...lol i dont hate luke but i do hate the chances of him failing to deliever which are quite high..this will be the toughest match of his life and i do see a few odd mistakes on attack and a few loose ends on defense..i like mauger coz of his defensive qualities and he can protect carter or whoever the 10 is and also cover the inside channel..having howlett and sivivatu on the side of conrad smith (who i dont rate at all) gives him an extra pair of eyes on defense being that sivi and dougie make good d-line moves...

if smith wasnt at 13..i wouldnt have a problem with mccalistair staring the match..i dont rust either to start together but smith is a fav amongst the selectors..

^^^i dont think they would need lauaki...sooialo and collins are enough punishment..from what ive seen so far from lauaki he hasnt done anything to gain him a placing ahead of sooialo or collins..then the bench spot must go to masoe since he plays all looseforward positions

HEY RIPPER..shut yer trap mate...lol i dont hate luke but i do hate the chances of him failing to deliever which are quite high..this will be the toughest match of his life and i do see a few odd mistakes on attack and a few loose ends on defense..i like mauger coz of his defensive qualities and he can protect carter or whoever the 10 is and also cover the inside channel..having howlett and sivivatu on the side of conrad smith (who i dont rate at all) gives him an extra pair of eyes on defense being that sivi and dougie make good d-line moves...

if smith wasnt at 13..i wouldnt have a problem with mccalistair staring the match..i dont rust either to start together but smith is a fav amongst the selectors..
[/b]

Why not have Maose and Lauaki on the bench. As mimic said, France have an average line out and will almost certainly play Chabal (1.94 m tall) there. So instead of having the traditional back up lock, just have Lauaki and Masoe.

I really want to see Collins and Lauaki on the field in the 65th minute destroying sugar puff Chabal. He needs to be put in his rightful place, this is the way to do it.

Latest posts