• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your dream front row?

P

Propie

Loosehead Prop-John Hayes
Hooker-John smit
Tighthead Prop-Gethin Jenkins

Whats your dream front row?

^ amen to that brother. ledesma maybe at hooker but i dont see how smit can be replaced

Sheridan and Hayman but also Mark Reagan at Hooker for the sheer annoyance factor that he seems to have in the Scrum.

Loosehead Prop-John Hayes
Hooker-John smit

Whats your dream front row? [/b]

Gethin Jenkins at tight head?? No no no, he aint international class at 3, get's destroyed by the better loosheads when he has to switch. He's still close to being Wales' best tight head though (note to self, stop making fun of the team I support).

Havent a clue. Been watching the game for close to 20 years now and I still cant tell the difference between loose and tight heads :D

Castrogiavani, Smit and some other chap (Kiwi or Argie)

Loosehead = the one where only one shoulder is in the scrum.
Tighthead = the one where both are in.

Loose___0 0 0____Tight
Tight_____0 0 0___Loose

If you imagine the 6 zeros as the 2 front rows (one top and one bottom) as their heads have to go between each other, they are slightly staggered.

Tighthead's job is harder cause he's experiencing pressure from both the Looshead and the Hooker, whereas the Looshead only has to deal with the opposite Tighthead.

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit. Arg the zeroes are moving back when I submit the post.
Futher edit. As good as I can get it.

Loose___0 0 0____Tight
Tight_____0 0 0___Loose

If you imagine the 6 zeros as the 2 front rows (one top and one bottom) as their heads have to go between each other, they are slightly staggered.

Tighthead's job is harder cause he's experiencing pressure from both the Looshead and the Hooker, whereas the Looshead only has to deal with the opposite Tighthead.

Futher edit. As good as I can get it.
[/b]

Also the tight head is the first man to make the hit on engagement . A good loose head will try to get under neath his opponents chest . A good tight head will try to twist his man at an angle inwards .

Is it me or does that sound pretty darn illegal?!

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to frontrow tactics

Is it me or does that sound pretty darn illegal?!

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to frontrow tactics [/b]

Yup, but it's gonna keep happening. Referees usually have no idea what's going on in a scrum (don't blame them) unless it's blatantly obvious. The best props have the ability to do these 'illegal' things subtly, without bringing attention to it.

Lucy Pinder - Pam Anderson - Keeley Hazell.

They could Ruck me all day. :D
[/b]

:bana: HA HA HA!

<div class='quotemain'> Loosehead Prop-John Hayes
Hooker-John smit

Whats your dream front row? [/b]

Gethin Jenkins at tight head?? No no no, he aint international class at 3, get's destroyed by the better loosheads when he has to switch. He's still close to being Wales' best tight head though (note to self, stop making fun of the team I support).
[/b][/quote]

Well fair enough now i think on it i wouldnt actually choose him

<div class='quotemain'>
Lucy Pinder - Pam Anderson - Keeley Hazell.

They could Ruck me all day. :D
[/b]
Is it a coincidence that Pamela Anderson is placed at hooker? :p
[/b][/quote]

Well spotted Steve-o....I think she still has it though, just don't call her Babe :D .

Since the tighthead has to deal with both the hooker and the opposition loosehead are they typically stronger than a loosehead?

And is a tighthead's job more to hold the scrum firm on his side while the loosehead attempts to apply pressure on the opposition tighthead to wheel the scrum and generally disrupt it? This particularly applies to an oppositions feed

Loose___0 0 0____Tight
Tight_____0 0 0___Loose

Futher edit. As good as I can get it. [/b]

You've got everything right, cept a little thing wrong with the diagram.. If I'm not mistaken, loose-head plays on the left side of the scrum, and tight on the right. Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty :p

Tight_____0 0 0____Loose
Loose___0 0 0___Tight

Edit: And, generally, Tight Heads usually have a larger build than the loose head.

its got 2 be Andrew Sheridan at loose-head

hooker is difficult because smit is good but so is ledesma

how about ross ford of scotland possibly??

tight head prop is easily carl hayman

Latest posts