Your England Team v Samoa?!

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2007' started by Frostie, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Frostie

Frostie Guest

After the SA debacle, who would you pick for Sat??

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Stevens
    Chuter
    Sheridan
    Shaw
    Borthwick
    Moody (Don't tell anyone I said that)
    Rees
    Easter

Gommersall
    Wilkinson
    Cueto
    Flood
    Hipkiss
    Sackey
    Lewsey

4. jaco

jaco Guest

Stevens
    Chuter
    Sheridan
    Corry
    Borthwick
    Moody
    Rees
    Dallalglio
    Perry
    Wilkinson
    Cueto
    Farrel
    Hipkiss
    Sackey
    Lewsey

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I hate you 4 times.

6. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

No, please pick Farrell and Dallaglio so Samoa can smack the sh*t out if them.

7. Frostie

Frostie Guest

Yup, agree with most of what Teh Mite said. I'd go...

1 Stevens
    2 Chuter
    3 Sheridan
    4 Shaw
    5 Borthwick
    6 Moody
    7 Rees
    8 Easter

9 Richards
    10 Wilkinson
    11 Cueto
    12 Catt
    13 Hipkiss
    14 Sackey
    15 Lewsey

Desperately short on wing as well as FB with Robinson's injury...

8. mirlos

mirlos Guest

Do you think the one against SA was Robinson´s last game? Its amazing, but if It was, I think but he managed to give a great attitude/courage image even though England played a real poor game. I wish he could recover from his injury and play at least one more game in this RWC!

9. Substitute

Substitute Guest

Lets not forget Sheridan isn't a tighthead guys - I don't think he's played a game there.

As for my team:
    1) Sheridan
    2) Mears
    3) Stevens
    4) Shaw
    5) Borthwick
    6) Moody
    7) Rees
    8) Easter

9) Richards
    10) Barkley
    11) Sackey
    12) Hipkiss
    13) Tait
    14) Cueto
    15) Lewsey

10. 1. A Sheridan
    2. G Chuter
    3. P Freshwater
    4. S Shaw
    5. B Kay
    6. L Moody
    7. J Worsley
    8. M Corry
    9. S Perry
    10. J Wilkinson
    11. M Tait
    12. P Richards
    13. D Hipkiss
    14. J Lewsey
    15. M Cueto

11. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

Replace Sackey with Tait.

12. Frostie

Frostie Guest

England team to face Samoa:
    Lewsey; Sackey, Tait, Barkley, Cueto; Wilkinson, Gomarsall;
    Sheridan, Chuter, Stevens, Shaw, Kay, Corry (capt), Worsley, Easter.

Replacements: Regan, Freshwater, Borthwick, Moody, Richards, Farrell, Hipkiss.

Ok, so there's the actual team, thoughts?

13. Why, for the love of all that is pure, is Martin Corry still playing 6?

And then there's arguably the even worse decision of dropping Tom Rees.

Only real consolation is that Dallaglio and Perry are nowhere near the team after their shocking performances. Oh wait, I just spotted that Farrell has made the squad ahead of Catt. Nothing left to do but sigh.

14. Frostie

Frostie Guest

Couldn't agree more! Rees & Catt out of the 22 entirely yet Corry retained in the XV? and as captain too!

Feel for Perry a touch as the forwards are forever changing in front of him but agree he has been poor. Personally would have liked to see Richards have a go though.

15. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Oh good grief... The bring in Flood because of the **** Centres they have, then leave Panface in the 22 and ignore him.

Yet again I despair.

16. stormmaster1

stormmaster1 Guest

Captaincy is a real issue. I'd have Corry as captain if he's on the pitch. If he's on the pitch i'd have him at No 8 or not at all. Certainly not a back 3 of Worsley, Corry and Easter. I'd have Rees at 7, Moody at 6, and either Corry or Easter at 8. Ideally Easter with corry on the bench, but then who would you give the captaincy to? I'd have Corry in for that. Front 5 is ok. just hope they peform to their abilities. I wonder if they've gone for a slow beefy pack to maul the Samoans to death and stick the ball up the jumper. If so lets hope Wilko and Barkley kick well to touch. If we let Samoa dominate possesion we will lose.

My alternative team would be pretty much same as last weeks, but with Dallaglio in and Farrell commanding the backs. That way when we get our asses kicked there will be even less doubt who to include for the next 4 years.

17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

Both teams are coming back from demoralising losses and it will be a dour game with lots of kicking & forward play.

England by 10.

18. Jorge_A

Jorge_A Guest

hmm if england doesnt win they will be in major trouble! its a must win and as a result i feel that they have to field their strongest team....i understand people dont want to see Farrel out there but he has the most potential to make plays now with Robinson out....he just has to step up...and he cant do that without the opportunity :( so unfortunately i would field him...

19. Substitute

Substitute Guest

Where to start? Why is The second row the same again. Ben Kay has been about as effective as a goalkicker with two broken legs. Then we drop our best forward, and our only speedy forward, for a guy who is both slow and useless, but apparebtlt tackles well and does the unseen stuff, badly. Throw in Martin "Dejected" Corry and you've got the worst English backrow ever, also the slowest.

No Perry is godsend, and I can't disagree with the FH and centres and, I guess, the wings but th bench is a hideous mess.

What I can; understand is picking slow forwards and, relatively,fast backs. We're just going to have a game with the likes of Tait and co. running away from support as Martin Corry slides across almost in slow motion. :ranting:

20. The back row selections for england defy belief. England's problem against South Africa: lack of quick ball caused by slow forwards. Solution: Bring in more slow forwards.

Seriously, what is Ashton thinking? It's as if the guy wants England to lose.

21. Wellycane

Wellycane Guest

They should've put Farrell in the starting line up coz he's the fastest.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!