• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your favorite match from your country so far post-2011

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

super long ***le, I know, but kinda hard to make it any shortaahhh.

So far in this post-2011 RWC period, your favorite match from your respective nation.
Doesn't even have to be your team winning in theory, but the one you enjoyed watching the most, kinda like watching movies, the one that entertained you the most and somehow pleased you about your country.

FRA AUS 2012 for me. We were looking good but still very experimental, I thought we had finally found our coach in a pragmatic, defense preaching PSA with gutsy but calculated selection...how fkn hilarious is that now, but at the time at least...that EOYT got us the 4th world spot for the RWC, a head of pool. And we were all very skeptical about a game vs AUS as they were our bête noire, and we really smashed them in every possible way, a record margin. 33-6.
It was the time I would cheer for France full heartedly still :p I've grown to be a lot more indifferent now...

Yaself ?

All Blacks 2013, the first piece of evidence of a Joe Schmidt Irish team after a couple of forgettable games. Everything prior to that game had been disappointing on a whole since the RWC. France this year was good as well, our first piece of success since 09 and our first win in Paris for 14 years.

Thirty - Three

Done.

Next.

Shame thats your peak for the next decade eh? :rolleyes:

Mine would either be that game at Twickers or maybe the Argentina games, purely because we got to see so much young talent even if the games themselves or the opposition weren't the best.

Wales game this year. We ****ed them. After years of plodding about with no discernible game plan we unleashed a game that the Welsh had no answer to. It was a tactical trouncing.

Beating NZ at twickers.
Not just because we beat them, but because it's one of the only games I can think of where every player, 1-23 (even Goode), turned up.

k, cool. I don't think a Welshman could possibly choose another than 30-3, but here's a question: would you have picked that or Test 2 this year in S.A. had Wales won that ? Hard to tell, but give it a shot.

Interested in hearing what the Saffas would pick, and the AB fans too as they've won basically every game during that designated stretch. I'd imagine England Test 3 ? or perhaps Ireland 2013, but I bet not. AB fans don't usually like coming close at all.
Aussies ? please don't say beating France in the latest Tests 1 or 3, you've all seen how France played, that can't be your pick.

k, cool. I don't think a Welshman could possibly choose another than 30-3, but here's a question: would you have picked that or Test 2 this year in S.A. had Wales won that ? Hard to tell, but give it a shot.

Interested in hearing what the Saffas would pick, and the AB fans too as they've won basically every game during that designated stretch. Aussies ? please don't say beating France in the latest Tests 1 or 3, you've all seen how France played, that can't be your pick.

Well the fact that one was a triumphant and overwhelming battering of our biggest rivals and the other was a close loss due to a certain fullbacks (constant) tw*tishness its fairly obvious which one

I'd go with the All Blacks vs South Africa second test last year. Was exciting the whole way, lots of great rugby and great tries. Add to the build up that so many South African's were claiming they were robbed after a red card to du Plessis.

Well the fact that one was a triumphant and overwhelming battering of our biggest rivals and the other was a close loss due to a certain fullbacks (constant) tw*tishness its fairly obvious which one

read my question again, fully. Not that I'm that interested anymore but...at least get it right and that's a start.

I'd go with the All Blacks vs South Africa second test last year. Was exciting the whole way, lots of great rugby and great tries. Add to the build up that so many South African's were claiming they were robbed after a red card to du Plessis.

We was roBBYREFD!!!!!

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]7 September 2013[/TD]
[TD]Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]12 – 38[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Especially after a run of disappointing games against Aus in particular that semi final exit 2011.

the 2nd test SA vs AB last year, awesome game, they played like in a WC final.

Italy didn't have so big results in last period so I would say Italy vs Ireland or Italy vs France at 6 nations 2013

I agree it this. Indeed this was probably my favourite All Blacks test ever.....

the 2nd test SA vs AB last year, awesome game, they played like in a WC final.

Unfortunately that kind of game would never be played in a World Cup final: far too many tries for one thing. But I agree, in terms of both sides going at each other, the intensity, 9 tries scored and quality of the rugby it was one of best tests I've seen, if not the best.

Italy didn't have so big results in last period so I would say Italy vs Ireland or Italy vs France at 6 nations 2013

I'd have to say Italy vs France 2013 if I were Italian. A more accomplished game than the victory over Ireland. France wasn't great but Italy played well themselves. It wasn't a question of France playing awful and the opponent taking advantage of that and winning like Italy did in 2011, this was Italy really going out and setting their game and beating France, and by 5 points.

Now, I did feel like murdering every Italian person in the known universe after that, but that's just a detail.

Well it would have to be the England win over NZ but worthy mentions for the first 2 tests vs NZ this year and the game vs Ireland in the 6N.

i would say Scotland vs Italy in 2013 was the best game for me altogether, we scored good tries, we won comfortably, and i was there.

i would say Scotland vs Italy in 2013 was the best game for me altogether, we scored good tries, we won comfortably, and i was there.

really ? I'd have thought Scotland vs France 2014. Scotland lost narrowly, it's true, but the display from both teams was just so formidable, an epic battle of such a tremendous magnitude...it was practically reminiscent of Norse Mythology and the Wars in Valhalla. Yeaaah...

Latest posts