• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Favorite Pre-Match Meal

U

USA_Rugby

What's all of your favorites?

I like eggs and whole wheat toast with lots of water.

a powerbar (or something similar) and a big glass of apple juice... not sure why, or how this started, but it seems to do the trick...

2 weet bix, milk, no sugar. I prefer a spartan breakfast and a light stomach

This morning I had 3 weetbix (10 on Friday morning, and 5 every other day) and plenty of water. My rule of thumb is to keep the stomach light, and I should be ******* clear by the time the game starts.

When i used to play at competitive level, i usually had a very light meal: just a relatively small dish of pasta witout sauce and some parmigiano or other grana cheese because (other than being damn good :D ) it's very easily assimilable for the organism, it's balanced and gives lot's of energy.

And of course lots of water. Lots lots lots of water, to be "expelled" right before the match.

I one had a burger, chips and 2 pints before evening training. On reflection, that was a mistake...

I can never eat before a match. My nerves take over and it causes me to feel sick, even if I have a slice of toast.

I always try to eat a big meal the night before then snack most of the day. Usually some form of eggs and oatmeal for breakfast then just a few little things amongst lots of water.

I also always have a piece of fruit at half time.

Toast w/ peanut butter or oatmeal. I drink 1 glass of milk and as much water or Koolaide as I can.

i always go for a pasta meal bout 2 and a half hours before then have a banana and a yoghurt bout an hour before hits with alot of carbs and a slow energy release that should get you through the full 70 minutes

I used to have some plain pasta (spirals) with a jacket potato and possibly a banana for the slow release and a still sugary drink.

Chabal has a different diet. He usually tears the head off a live goat with his teeth in the dressing room followed by drinking a whole barrel of ale from the tap.

kahui.jpg

An Englishman!

Just joking, just joking. It's really the stawf.

southafricapolice.jpg

usually 2 cheeseburgers and a yogurt should do the trick before the carpool up to the pitch. but then again im 17...

Latest posts