• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your favourite All Black

Iron Mike

Academy Player
Curious is all, my favourite two are Conrad Smith and Brad Thorn.

Especially after hearing Brad Thorn is the fittest and fastest forward in the All Blacks camp after this weeks fitness test.

Conrad Smith is just a genius aswell, best outside centre in the world, well, on par with Jaque Fourie.

Sorry, lets go with current and past.

Don't really have a favourite past player as I only really started to watch rugby these last few years.

Last edited:
Current or what? Current is probably Cory Jane or Mils Muliana. All time is either Chirstian Cullen or Doug Howlett (no surprise there lol)

Current: Conrad Smith & Joe Rokocoko
Past: Christian Cullen & Tana Umaga

Why do you guys rate Smith so much? Ranger is probably better

Because Conrad Smith is in my opinion the best centre in the world. He never misses a tackle, organises defence, creates play wonderfully, has scored some very good tries, runs very good lines and links up with Ma'a Nonu perfectly for the best centre combo in the world. Rene Ranger is good at attack, but his defence has plenty to be desired and he is proned to making mistakes. So no, he isn't probably better. That being said, he is still young so there is plenty of time for him to mature, just not at the expense of Conrad Smith.

Why do you guys rate Smith so much? Ranger is probably better

Are you kidding? Conrad Smith's a class above whats his face Ranger.

Current:Cory Jane, Andrew Hore

Past:Christian Cullen and Buck Shelford for making the AB's do the haka properly

Is Brad Thorn really the fastest Forward? That's hard to believe! Faster than the flakers and 8th man? Would be incredible if it was true.

My favorites are Zac Guildford and Corey Jane.

Favorite of all time is Zinzane Brooke, Jeff Wilson and Christian Cullen

Most hated of all time is Sean Fitzparic. What a sneaky ******* he was! Helluva hooker though.

Is Brad Thorn really the fastest Forward? That's hard to believe! Faster than the flakers and 8th man? Would be incredible if it was true.

Nah I think it was because he wasted everyone at the beep test.

Past: Cullen, Lomu, Mehts... pretty much everyone between 1995 and 2000.
Present: Rokocoko and Smith

Last edited:
Past would be Umaga, Cullen, Kronfeld, Zinzan, Jerry Collins, Frank Bunce and Buck Shelford.

Present Cory Jane, Roks in 2003.

Is Hika Elliott an AB?

Because Conrad Smith is in my opinion the best centre in the world. He never misses a tackle, organises defence, creates play wonderfully, has scored some very good tries, runs very good lines and links up with Ma'a Nonu perfectly for the best centre combo in the world. Rene Ranger is good at attack, but his defence has plenty to be desired and he is proned to making mistakes. So no, he isn't probably better. That being said, he is still young so there is plenty of time for him to mature, just not at the expense of Conrad Smith.

False. Brian O'Driscoll has always been the best centre in the wrold, even as an embryo.

Anyways, my favourite All Blacks would probably be Conrad Smith(or BOD lite as we call him at the club, how we laugh) and Andrew Mehrtens.

False. Brian O'Driscoll has always been the best centre in the wrold, even as an embryo.

Anyways, my favourite All Blacks would probably be Conrad Smith(or BOD lite as we call him at the club, how we laugh) and Andrew Mehrtens.

lololololololololol. It'll be interesting to see Conrad vs BOD, we all know BOD isn't a fan of NZ centres.

Smith is a quality player, no doubt. I remember back in 08' he skinned our Brian during his fallow period. The pair, along with Fourie, are headand shoulders above the world's other leading centres at the moment.

In fairness to BOD he was covering about 3 attackers on his own when Smith "skinned" him ;)

It is very close, I'm leaning towards saying Fourie is the best of the 3 at the moment, but there is nothing in it.

Current, it's between Smith and Cowan.
Past: It's Jeff Wilson for me. I was quite the fan, but he always killed me by off-loading with no-one in front of him 2-3 metres out. He could easily have bagged another 7-8 test tries if he wasn't such a team man about it. Christian Cullen bagged a few tries where he had Wilson unmarked and went himself to try and beat the man in front of him. Incredible skill, but moments of greedy that Jeff never had. Howlett got that record by taking every opportunity too, can't blame him for that, but he was mostly a finisher in tests. He never ran toe-to-toe with Joe Roff in his prime and beat him in a 50-metre sprint for the ball. Jeff had more epic or exciting moments.

Latest posts