• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your game of the tournament(Prediction)

IluvRugby

Academy Player
Many people here in England/Europe will disagree, perhaps out of patriotism or bias, which ever way you want to see it and many of them will never say that the game of the tournament will come from two SH teams facing off out of loyalty to the NH but if everything goes as expected, other than englands games, the game I am most looking forward to and the one I think will be the game of the tournament is the Springboks vs Allblacks in the semis. This game(for me) will be bigger than the final and I believe the team that wins, will go on to take the trophy. If there is one team that knows how to beat the AB, it is the Springboks, the past three years that these two teams have met, they have played eight games and each one of them have won four. Now, I am not making any predictions on who is going to win but one thing is for sure, there will be blood spilled.

I have to agree. That's the game I am most looking forward to seeing, also the game that makes me the most nervous just thinking about it.

Have to be NZ vs Australia (if they face each other)

Simply because they play an entertaining style of rugby. that is based around try scoring.
In general, the other teams don't play that style and are content to just kick.

cant wait for the game between russia & usa. that ought to be a cracka.....the-big-bang-theory-was-that-sarcasm_design.png

Lol at the suggestion that a game involving South Africa will be the game of the tournament. I'm planning some pretty extensive paint-drying-watching sessions to coincide with the Bok games.

Simply because they play an entertaining style of rugby. that is based around try scoring.
That's my prediction for the final. That's why I went with Oz. They'll be tougher in a final I think but really on paper, AB's are best. & that would be a cracking final. Of the Northern hemisphere teams, England are most in form right now. If Ireland can get out of their group, anything is possible, but Italy worry me - I'm worried they could be our new Argentina. Even America and Russia are challenges and Australia will be favorites for the group - which they will win I think. Wales have hit form so they could be on course for another SF but I don't see a final for them, or any NH team to be honest. France were well beaten by SH teams in tests, and I don't see them in a final either. Weather could play a significant factor.

I would think that most aus & NZ supporters hope they don't play that style, history has not been kind to that game-plan, I think NZ will have a different look to their game-plan come this RWC

Lol at the suggestion that a game involving South Africa will be the game of the tournament. I'm planning some pretty extensive paint-drying-watching sessions to coincide with the Bok games.

jealasy = nasty

What games am I most looking forward too....

England v Romania
England v Georgia
England v Argentina
Ireland v Italy
Why? Because I get to watch them live at the ground :D

Apart from them, All Blacks v Wallabies would be great (especially as it would likely be a final...)

I'm going to avoid tri-nations teams and say Canada-Tonga or Wales-Fiji "return of the (insert funny movie reference)"

I'm going to avoid tri-nations teams and say Canada-Tonga or Wales-Fiji "return of the (insert funny movie reference)"

I am really looking forward to both of those games as well. Samoa-Wales could also be a great game, and Samoa-Fiji is always an intense match.

Ireland vs. Italy is one I look forward to after their close game at last six nations can Italy finally make the QF's.

Well, considering the USA have only won World Cup matches against Japan (how ironic?) there is a good chance they might sneak a win against another former enemy ;)

Two actually... you forgot Italy.

The games I am looking forward to are Italy v Russia and Italy v USA..... because I will be there, wearing Blue and carrying a red, white & green flag!!

Two actually... you forgot Italy.
Actually Smartcooky the only time the USA and Italy have met in the world cup was in 1991 when Italy won 30-9. The USA have only beaten Japan but they did it twice. 21-18 in 1987 and 39-26 in 2003.

Latest posts