• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Perfect Match

M Two One

Tra la la la
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
If you could choose two teams that could face off anywhere in the world ..

What teams would you choose and where would they play?

You can choose any two teams from any league including the national teams. You can choose any destination, even if it isn't in a top rugby country. Any details you'd like to provide for us would probably help us take in your idea.

A few things I would like to see ...

A Samoa team with the likes of Chris Masoe, Jerry Collins, Isaia Toeava, Manu Tuilagi, Jerome Kaino, Mils Muliaina, Casey Laulala etc play in a World Cup

A yearly home/away playoff between the winner of the Six Nations B and the bottom team from the Six Nations

Teams like Georgia, Russia, Canada, Romania and USA to tour Japan and the Pacific Isles and vice versa

The Pacific Island tour to be done properly like the Lions tour, playing warm up matches and three tests against a nation

Finalists of the HeinekenC and the Super15. Winner Super15 vs Loser HeinekenC and Winner HeinekenC vs Loser Super15. And then Final + 3rd/4th.

Scarlets v any one in Wrexham. Why did they stop coming?:(

top franchise from each nation to play one another in a league.

Biarritz Olympique v Stade Toulousain

Toyota Park
29c49af.png

This is just one I have in mind, which is more on the realistic side. I'd love to see two of the best clubs in Top 14 facing off against one another in an exhibition at Toyota Park. I don't live far from the stadium, so it would be great to be able to take a short drive there for a match like this.

Luckily for me I get to see Eng vs SA at Twickenham and SA vs NZ at Newlands on a regular enough basis.

Other than that I'd like to see some old school tours and have 3N/4N and 6N not every damn year; only the year before and after a RWC with tours in the other 2 years.

Luckily for me I get to see Eng vs SA at Twickenham and SA vs NZ at Newlands on a regular enough basis.

Other than that I'd like to see some old school tours and have 3N/4N and 6N not every damn year; only the year before and after a RWC with tours in the other 2 years.

tours where?

SA vs. England 3 match series, Aus vs. Wales 3 match series, New Zealand vs Ireland 3 match series.

Don't know what us, the Frogs, Italians and Argies are up to though, according to the IRB 'official dossier', we were supposed to be paying a trip to Aus and the Islands, however Aus are busy and we have nothing to offer the Pacific Island teams, doubt we would even draw a big enough crowd to cover stadium expense. :(

See linky:

http://www.fosrs.org.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=61&func=view&id=44140&catid=4

Last edited:
NZ Maori vs Anyone.

I just wish they could be an established side. If i ever become supreme dictator of the planet, i'm going to allow the NZ Maori side to play in the world cup. And also allow them to select Maori based overseas.

My ideal match is:

1. A test bestween All Blacks v Finland at Westpac Stadium, with the All Blacks selecting Christian Cullen and Joe Rokocoko. At least one of them if not both will break Howlett's record.

2. Wallabies v Springboks at Mordor surrounded by molten lava...

As for me?

Scotland vs New Zealand, RWC final at Twickenham in 2015. Having knocked out the English the previous week, crowd would be right against us, cheering on the All Blacks in vain as we come from 26-0 down (all New Zealand tries a result of Chief Paddy* returning to the refereeing fold) to pip them at the death with a 100 metre intercept try from a hard-working prop. Giving us our first ever win over a team who won their previous 27 matches since the last world cup by over 40 points.

Then whoever our captain is, gets up on the podium and pulls a " Get it right up ya, ya Pommey b******s!" sign at the English crowd and the Queen/ King in the stands.

Give me a moment while I change by briefs

* Just fishing

I'd love to see Neemia Tialata do a 85m drop goal to win a WC final on the 83rd minute.

Last edited:
Since when have the Scots called the English poms? :p

Since now of course :p

Anyways for me it'd be a Wales v England final with Wales winning ofc. tbh though I'd rather see a close game etc. with North scoring the winning try in the last minute :p

Latest posts