• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your played position

theonlychubbychild

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Your favourite/least favourite position that you've played in.

Just interested to find out what positions those from around the forum enjoyed playing the most, their current position if they're still playing or the position they hated.
Me, I'm currently a winger and have been all along apart for one time that I was played as a No.8. I hated it. Gunning for a centre position next season.

Play wing/centre at the moment,
Played flanker and second row in school, second row was my least favourite - was only put there because I was tall

Last edited:
I'm normally on the Wing for my club, though I prefer Fullback or 13. I played 10 in two of the three games our school ever organised, might give it a shot again at some point. (We had the county's 10 in our school, but he was on holiday during the week in which two of our games were played. I played because I was the only other back who knew what the hell as going on.)

Fav : Second center. I played fullback twice, but there's so much pressure at this position, it's not good for your heart lol.
Least Fav : Winger. Most boring position ever.

I play backrow at the moment, preferably no. 8. I did play year as scrumhalf and flyhalf but I feel I am more suited in the backrow.

Second row or center, sometimes wing.
Not really dislike any position but not a big fan ot scrumming

Favourite: out half, I love being in control of a game. I also enoyed flanker.
Least favourite: Inside centre outside a useless out half, it's why I moved positions.

What number is out half ? I've never heard this expression before :eek:

Thanks, the only expression I knew for n10 was fly half.

I play 2nd row or no. 8 right now, used to play TH prop mostly. I've also played Hooker, Open Side Flanker, Blind Side Flanker, and LH prop. One game on the wing as we were beating the crap out of them.

My fav is defiantly no. 8 but I like 2nd row so I don't mind. If I ever play prop again I will kill myself , hate it.

My favourite was lose head prop, as I was technique and trick wise better than most people i played against.

Least favourite was hooker, why or how anyone can want to play in that position is beyond me.

I've played all 15 positions. My least preferred where 2, 10 and 15. Faves, 9 and 12.

Played openside in school. A a serial ruck inspector, afraid of any meaningful contact. Gave it up in my teens in favour of tennis and golf.

and 12-13? In France we call it first and second centre, I've never heard Openside centre,Inside Centre,Outside/Inside Centre before coming in the UK. Any other names for these positions ?

Latest posts