• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your rugby hopes for 2010

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Club wise I hope Bristol jump back up to the Premiership and make a decent fist of staying there, interested to see how Crockett goes when he is allowed to play for us (March time) and what reception he gets from the Bristol crowd.

As for Wales I want to see some consistency, put together a string of good performances rather than 2 good ones then a couple of poorer ones. But as long as we beat England I'll be happy and have the bragging rights for another year.

Realistically Ireland, France, England and Wales are all in with a chance. Ireland or France are obviously more likely winners than England or Wales but anything could happen.

Wouldn't it be great to see this great Irish side test themselves out against the Boks in the republic some time soon, before BOD and some of the senior players start to lose their fizzle...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 7 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sale:
Top six finish in the GP
Put up a good fight in our remaining HEC matches (doubt not going to qualify, but would like us to worry toulouse)
Continue our good form,
We've got a few younger players playing well in the squad, so to keep developing them

England:
Play well in the 6N, finishing well with (at least) three wins
Play Flood over Wilkinson, and drop Borthwick (either to the bench or just in general), Flutey/Tait as centres as well
Use our forwards properly, and use Tom Croft effectively, he's a backrower with the pace of a winger, Pier Spies show's how effective that can be (though he's bigger than Croft)

In General:
SA to continue with their poor form of the AIs :p[/b]

1 Hah

2 Fair enough, I called for the same for Aus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Jan 8 2010, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wouldn't it be great to see this great Irish side test themselves out against the Boks in the republic some time soon, before BOD and some of the senior players start to lose their fizzle...[/b]

Does BOD have 2 years more in him?

O'Driscolls 30 atm, so should still be playing for a few years yet (though how much his skills will taper off we're yet to see)
Mike Catt is 38 and only semi-retired last year

I hope that interest in women rugby grows as we'll approach the Women Rugby World Cup at the end of the summer.
I think that our sisters don't get the attention they deserve in the media. And I think it is worst in France.

Latest posts