• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your team of the decade

1. Mako V
2. Hartley
3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. Haskell (tough on Underhill - came in at the end of decade and Robshaw)
7. Curry
8. Binny

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Tuilagi
14. Watson
15. Brown.

Shows how bad England teams have been over the last decade until the EJ cycle but been in it long enough to get i to the team of the decade. We had many good players but not done enough for the good ones to make the team of the decade. But given the age of some of our players and some of the ypung talent we could be looking at a bright future. On paper we should at least

Shows how bad England teams have been over the last decade until the EJ cycle but been in it long enough to get i to the team of the decade. We had many good players but not done enough for the good ones to make the team of the decade. But given the age of some of our players and some of the ypung talent we could be looking at a bright future. On paper we should at least

Yeah to think we started off with MJ, won the six nations ***le in 2011, but got beat soundly in Dublin and then the 2011 RWC, which we thought at the time was bad for getting knocked out by France. Then the Lancaster era where we finished numerous times runners up in the 6 Ns and getting soundly beaten in Cardiff in 2013. Then the less said about 2015 RWC the better. 2016-19 (only 2018 was poor post Lions) under EJ what with the Grand Slam, whitewash against the Wallabies, regardless of how poor they were, and a runners up last month. Underperformed hugely for 7 years of this decade.

Look on the bright side at least we're not Ireland.:p:D.

Provinces 7-2 English Clubs this year at the end of equally successful decades? You'd hate it!

Yeah don't follow club rugby that closely; only the internationals. At least there are only 2 RWCs for Ireland to get knocked out at the QF stage next decade. :p

I'm just saying Ireland and England basically had parity over the past 10 years and our players are winning at the moment unlike England.
Winning their way to a quarter final exit, rather than a world cup final?

This is international we're talking about, not club.
If we're throwing club achievements in with international then just throw Sarries in with England?

Go flex on the Welsh or something

Last edited:
Winning their way to a quarter final exit, rather than a world cup final?

This is international we're talking about, not club.
If we're throwing club achievements in with international then just throw Sarries in with England?

Go flex on the Welsh or something
Lol, I didn't start this and they're not unrelated. Overvalue a single world cup if you want, we were better at the other two and literally have equal 6n records in terms of medals and head to heads, but there's no reason to be laughing at Irish rugby from a superior position in this conversation unless you're a kiwi.

One of Leinster's best ever players (if not the best), and we've had some good ones. Was brilliant for us for years in the team that won 3 Heineken cups in four years, then retired early and went back to NZ before coming back again to captain us to a European ***le. Absolute legend in this part of the world. Don't know if he'd have played for the All Blacks if he hadn't played for Fiji and had ended up staying, but at the level he was playing at with us he wasn't good enough for any international team. Great player and person, can't speak highly enough of him.
I presume you meant "would" have made any international team? Not "wouldn't"?

Latest posts