Your top ten test matches of 2012?

Tribesmen-ce-123

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Connacht
Your top five test matches of 2012?

Ive been meaning to have a looking back at several matches that I missed this year, particularly the mid summer test series, where I missed most of the tours France, England and Wales. So what in your opinion was the best of this year on the internationals scene.

Last edited:
Can't really think of 10 at the moment. Six Nations and summer tour (mid-year, so NH summer) were both pretty poor.
Wales vs Samoa and England vs New Zealand from last month are the two that stick out in my mind as good matches.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Ireland vs Wales (6n) and England vs New Zealand are the ones that stick out for me.

Though I agree with Olyy from a NH point of view six nations and summer tour weren't that impressive.

France Australia.
Huge expectations, hadn't seen France play int'lly in a WHILE and this was truly, literally a "test" match. Outcome was everything in perfect order, all sectors of the game exploited, a nice 33-6 and the symbol ultimately of what would turn out to be a good 3-straight, so, a long awaited consistency for France. The official arrival of Michalak and his rebirth, a big revelation of Picamoles' definitive quality, and Nyanga's return with his tears during the nat. anthem...

Ireland Wales 6N
even though as an Ireland fan I'm STILL bitter over how the hosts let the lead slip stupidly and ultimately lose the match. But the intensity was very high in this match.

NZ ARG
Argentina scores within the opening minutes a very nice try, and it takes the hosts NZ 65min to score their first. Very intense, excellent defense, good running...big match, and a statement for the tournament's rookies.

SCO NZ
funny enough, it WAS an entertaining match.

I'd like to say England NZ, but with all due respect to England, realistically speaking there was just something wrong that match...it wasn't "normal", in retrospect. We were all stunned during the match, but I think after that, looking back, we can all admit it was awfully, awfully - eerily even - bizarre. Not to boost the kiwis confidence, or discredit England's outstanding performance, but I find it hard to actually put this match on the list here.

Hmm sounds like good choices so far, maybe im overreaching on picking ten choices. Maybe 5 would be easier.

SA- ARG when they drew the game. Good stuff from the Pumas

yeah but it was sooooo frustrating that Argentina would focus so much energy and concentration and good execution to gather those points and then foolishly just basically GIVE a try to SA...sure it's symbolic in that they didn't lose that match though it's their first tournament ever, but it's still horribly frustrating for Argentina, a complete failure for SAF, and ultimately an intense but not quality-match...

I agree though of course with lynam1104.
NZ IRE test 2 is a classic by any year's standard, and perhaps the highlight of the year to better symbolize and cement Carter's award with his heroics at the end...

Let's have a go:

1 England 38-21 New Zealand
2 South Africa 16-32 New Zealand
3 Ireland 21-23 Wales
4 France 33-6 Australia
5. New Zealand 22-19 Ireland
6. Australia 25-23 Wales
7. Argentina 16-16 South Africa
8. New Zealand 60-0 Ireland
9. South Africa 36-27 England
10.Wales 19-26 Samoa

Let's have a go:

1 England 38-21 New Zealand
2 South Africa 16-32 New Zealand
3 Ireland 21-23 Wales
4 France 33-6 Australia
5. New Zealand 22-19 Ireland
6. Australia 25-23 Wales
7. Argentina 16-16 South Africa
8. New Zealand 60-0 Ireland
9. South Africa 36-27 England
10.Wales 19-26 Samoa

Aside from the eighth (<_<) I'd agree with all of them.

France vs. England was all right too.

England - N.Z
Ireland - Wales
Wales - Australia (incredibly funny, so so close :p )
France - Ireland
Argentina - S.A

None of them compare to Clermont - Leinster in Bordeaux though.

Latest posts