• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

Gallagher Premiership coaches are becoming increasingly frustrated with the RFU over its lack of progress and clarity regarding central contracts.

I do wonder if the players are happy at that - If I have understood it right some who play more than 5 or 6 internationals a year will lose money while those coming in for a match due to injures to others might also lose out financially.

Last edited:
I do wonder if the players are happy at that - If I have understood it right some who play more than 5 or 6 internationals a year will lose money while those coming in for a match due to injures to others might also lose out financially.
Can't read it, but reports were always that it wasn't compulsory (let's face it, no contract ever, is compulsory) - IIRC it was also due to be more than 5-6 matches worth at the current rate of pay.

Can't read it, but reports were always that it wasn't compulsory (let's face it, no contract ever, is compulsory) - IIRC it was also due to be more than 5-6 matches worth at the current rate of pay.
It was going to be 100k which is 5 matches worth as match fee was 20k.

I'm always surprised they were not tensions caused by Match fees but having much bigger training squads who didn't then get paid

It was going to be 100k which is 5 matches worth as match fee was 20k.

I'm always surprised they were not tensions caused by Match fees but having much bigger training squads who didn't then get paid
It's being reported as £150-160k. Players get £23k per game atm.

Maybe they are banking on the alleged Nations cup Qatar money rumour that's going about. Some estimates at 1.6 billion.

Latest posts