• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For talking rot.

Noisy neighbour saga continues. Woken up at 2 am, 4am then 2am on successive nights (the 4am one I also had to be up particularly early). Neighbour has apparently been issued a breach of lease notice and is completely ignoring it, as they should have received it before all this. The managing company have now said a 2nd notice is being sent and if the noise persists, this may get escalated to taking legal action against them.

I don't know how likely it is of there being success but I find it interesting they haven't asked for any evidence of my claims, it makes me suspect others have reported the same person.

People who aren't prepared when trains arrive at the station and waste time faffing about rather than getting off.
Had a guy on the train yesterday hammering the door open button when the train was waiting outside new street station for a platform to be free (or whatever the reason is they sometimes wait outside the station)
Fair play it was dark but surely he could see that there was a fence and a muddy embankment and not a well lit platform outside the door

Had a guy on the train yesterday hammering the door open button when the train was waiting outside new street station for a platform to be free (or whatever the reason is they sometimes wait outside the station)
Fair play it was dark but surely he could see that there was a fence and a muddy embankment and not a well lit platform outside the door
It does seem quite common that people have no sense when the trains are waiting for a platform just outside New Street. Even when dark you'd think the complete absence of any platformy things would be a hint. Today it was just someone mucking about as people were getting off the train so there was a break, people started to get on only to realise half the people who wanted to get off were still on the train and now struggled to get past all the people who had just got on, all because of a faffing muppet.

Happy birthday any leaplings. Must be crap only getting birthday presents once every 4 years though. 🤔 What date do they celebrate inbetween?

Although must be cool to say you're only 25 when you reach 100.

American hotels... Jesus Christ do you guys not give a damn about maintenance? Hotel in New York that is supposedly 4 star has mold on the ceiling, uneven floor, loose plug sockets, cracks in the ceiling, none of the drawers closed, only 1 lift worked (it's over 20 storeys), shower curtain missing.

Gone to one in Boston, again supposed to be 4 stars. Again electric sockets are loose, had to change rooms because the carpet became soaked after I used the shower (completely different part of the room so leaking pipe), whole shower unit wasn't fastened to the wall so could be wiggled about...

Honestly the premier Inn in the UK was better. I've been having a great time in the USA but the hotels are **** poor and love adding hidden charges.

Also they still have smoking and non smoking rooms. Well they did when I last went.

Thank you TFL for having no jubilee line trains from Wembley Park last night and forcing me to cycle all the way home. 🤬

Add to the above regarding US hotels, a bathroom door that is broken and a shower curtain that sits outside the footprint of the shower so the water goes all over the floor.

Honestly it's a ******* joke how **** these 2 US hotels have been, getting the absolute basics wrong. How the hell these are 4 star hotels I do not know. They are Hilton hotels so you expect a consistent standard but so far the only consistency is how shoddy they are.

Last edited:
Add to the above regarding US hotels, a bathroom door that is broken and a shower curtain that sits outside the footprint of the shower so the water goes all over the floor.

Honestly it's a ******* joke how **** these 2 US hotels have been, getting the absolute basics wrong. How the hell these are 4 star hotels I do not know. They are Hilton hotels so you expect a consistent standard but so far the only consistency is how shoddy they are.
Leave 'em a bad reviews when they ask for feedback which they should.

Also I don't like the whole tipping culture (apparently it's gotten worse since I last went and now like at least 20% on top of everything you pay for) in USA. Japan is much better in that regard.

I stayed above a pub north of twickenham last minute and it was the same. No curtain on the window, broken drawers, shower didn't work. Was a rat hole!

American hotels... Jesus Christ do you guys not give a damn about maintenance? Hotel in New York that is supposedly 4 star has mold on the ceiling, uneven floor, loose plug sockets, cracks in the ceiling, none of the drawers closed, only 1 lift worked (it's over 20 storeys), shower curtain missing.

Gone to one in Boston, again supposed to be 4 stars. Again electric sockets are loose, had to change rooms because the carpet became soaked after I used the shower (completely different part of the room so leaking pipe), whole shower unit wasn't fastened to the wall so could be wiggled about...

Honestly the premier Inn in the UK was better. I've been having a great time in the USA but the hotels are **** poor and love adding hidden charges.
hot take . . . holiday inn expresses are nicer than any four star hotel in a major city. All those buildings are hold and falling apart.

edit: also a big reason why airbnbs have become so big. Our hotels are so **** and so expensive.

Last time I was in USA I stayed at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, in Orlando and that was 3 star hotel but was excellent. Massive clean rooms and nothing broken. Good buffet breakfast each morning.

Latest posts