• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Polls Wales / Fiji

i agree!!!...wales have lost games to samoa in the past with a better team so this is very possible..especially at this given point of time..when they are struggling..im expecting a strong front up from the welsh tho..its just that fiji need to be consistent in every facet of the game BARRING PENALTIES...and they need to play to there very best to exceed...

go fiji!

The Fijian set-piece simply isn't strong enough to stand up to any of the world's top 10 sides at the moment. The Welsh scrum is better than that of the Australians, although the Wallaby lineout is right up there.

Unless Wales kick badly all day, Fiji won't be able to establish enough of a platform up front to win.

Wales to win, Fiji to have little opportunities and to lose by 20 points.

As much as I want Fiji to win, I just cant see it happening. The way we have played so far hasnt help convince us...

Wales have a very good tight-five and will be looking to dominate us in the scrum, set-piece and mauls.

Well as long as Kevin Morgan is not playing, we'll be fine! Wales need to start playing the 'Welsh way' like in 05, played it in the last 10 mins agains the Auzzies and looked like scoring every time. If ball is slow, there may be an upset

I am not a great fan of Wales so I will def be supporting Fiji!!!

But looking at Fiji's performances so far, can't really see it happening but can't wait for the game!

Wales will most likely win, but Fiji will show off their running skills, bust a few tackles and cause general chaos.

Wales are superior to Fiji at the set-piece, and as Samoa found out, if there is no possession from set-piece then it's up to lone individuals countering (like Fiji do very well) or turnovers.

Fiji will lose, but give Wales a few problems. In this World Cup, the main problems for the home nations are from not being able to put away sides like Fiji, Samoa, Canada, Namibia etc convincingly.

I like Fiji and all Pacific rugby. It has the skill and flair, but they are all pretty weak at the set-piece, keeping possession/concentration and defensive organisation at times and ultimately, it defeats them.

no offence but i believe whoever is backing Fiji are living on false hope, no Wales havent performed well, in patches, yes, throughout this tournament, but still Wales are on a different par to fiji when it comes to ability and I would be dissapointed with anything less than a convincing welsh win

I can't stand half as confidently as you, i'm afriad.
Wales should win, but like you said, we have failed to perform - and not just for the world cup. We have failed to perform for the past 2 years.
Fiji are threat and nothing less. Wales have been dumped out of the RWC in the pool stages before thank to the Islanders and if we're not clinical, if we try playing to their game we could see the same happnening again.
I refuse to shrug off Fiji. They have, and will always, prove to be a threat to us, they have an attractive style and a dangerous attack - we have had severe lapses in defence. Severe!

I hope for a Welsh win, but this will be close.

no offence but i believe whoever is backing Fiji are living on false hope, no Wales havent performed well, in patches, yes, throughout this tournament, but still Wales are on a different par to fiji when it comes to ability and I would be dissapointed with anything less than a convincing welsh win [/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :bleh!: :D