• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Fiji vs Portugal (08/10/2023)

I think it was cause the Portuguese kicker started lining up out wide, he wasn't told to go there - so the refs stopped the countdown to be like....this doesn't seem right
Yeah all good, but surely he gets the full minute for being mucked about

Well done Portugal, thoroughly deserved, from nowhere...

ItsIt's just a shame I have to have the tV on mute, I cant listen to her any further!!!!!

Got to give it to some of those Portugeuse players, I saw them live and their all other games, both Tadger and the Loosehead have been superb, 13 and 15 (didnt play today) have been excellent throughout, and Marquez looks like a young Sprite again.

So happy they got a win!!!!

why does she keep saying send of to the coach? Havent read anything about him leaving?
According to this he is:

Saw another article saying he also works in finance in Dubai as well as coaching, might be retiring from coaching after 16yrs in charge?

I know they got through in the end, but let's have it right, that was a complete shocker from Fiji. Portugal were absolutely amazing again. Their style of rugby is so fearless and fantastic to watch. To be honest, Fiji could have lost that game by 8 points if a few bounces had gone Portugal's way.

I know they got through in the end, but let's have it right, that was a complete shocker from Fiji. Portugal were absolutely amazing again. Their style of rugby is so fearless and fantastic to watch. To be honest, Fiji could have lost that game by 8 points if a few bounces had gone Portugal's way.
Another day they could have won by 5 or lost by 15

According to this he is:

Saw another article saying he also works in finance in Dubai as well as coaching, might be retiring from coaching after 16yrs in charge?
Yeah had a further google and saw that, seems he is, such a shame considering he is such a massive part of portugals improvement and the foundations for growing the game there. Hopefully they get a good replacement, talent there and can now use this win at a world cup to boost numbers playing.

Remember reading a while ago he had a well paying job and only did the coaching for the love of it.

Latest posts