Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Blue%20Bulls.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png

Venue: Loftus Versveld, Pretoria
Date: 4 September 2015
Time: 19:10 CAT

Teams

Blue Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Dries Swanepoel, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Tian Schoeman, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Arno Botha, 7 Roelof Smit, 6 Lappies Labuschagne (captain), 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Jacques du Plessis, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Bandise Maku, 1 Pierre Schoeman

Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Dayan van der Westhuizen, 18 RG Snyman, 19 Jannes Kirsten, 20 Ivan van Zyl, 21 Louis Fouche, 22 Jan Serfontein

Free State Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Francois Venter, 12 Rayno Benjamin, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Fred Zeilinga, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Niell Jordaan, 7 Henco Venter, 6 Gerhard Olivier, 5 Francois Uys (captain), 4 Armandt Koster, 3 Luan de Bruin, 2 Elandre Huggett, 1 BG Uys

Substitutes: 16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Caylib Oosthuizen, 18 Reniel Hugo, 19 Oupa Mohoje, 20 Freddy Ngoza, 21, Ruan van Rensburg, 22 Sias Ebersohn

Natal%20Sharks.png
Pumas.png

Venue: Growthpoint Kings Park, Durban
Date: 5 September 2015
Time: 15:00 CAT

Teams

Natal Sharks: 15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Wandile Mjekevu, 13. Paul Jordaan, 12. Andre Esterhuizen, 11. S'bura Sithole, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Philip van der Walt, 7. Daniel du Preez, 6. Francois Kleinhans, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Etienne Oosthuizen, 3. Gerhard Engelbrecht, 2. Monde Hadebe, 1. Dale Chadwick

Substitutes: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Thomas du Toit, 18. JC Astle, 19. Jean-Luc du Preez, 20. Stefan Ungerer, 21. Heimar Williams, 22. Garth April

Pumas: 15 John-Wessel Bell, 14 Bernado Botha, 13 Hoffmann Maritz, 12 Stefan Watermeyer (captain), 11 Rosko Speckman, 10 Juan-Claude Roos, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Jason-Colin Fraser, 7 Uzair Cassiem, 6 Jaco Bouwer, 5 Marius Coetzer, 4 Rudi Mathee, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Jacques Momberg, 1 Corne Fourie.

Substitutes: 16 Francois du Toit, 17 De-Jay Terblanche, 18 Khwezi Mona, 19 Lubabalo Mtyanda, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Justin van Staden, 22 Jerome Pretorius

Western%20Province.png
GWK%20Griquas.png

Venue: Newlands Stadium, Cape Town
Time: 17:05 CAT

Teams

Western Province: 15. Cheslin Kolbe, 14. Kobus van Wyk, 13. Johnny Kotze, 12. Jaco Taute, 11. Seabelo Senatla, 10. Kurt Coleman, 9. Nic Groom, 8. Nizaam Carr (captain), 7. Rynhardt Elstadt, 6. Chris Cloete, 5. Ruan Botha, 4. Jean Kleyn, 3. Wilco Louw, 2. Scarra Ntubeni, 1. Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16. Bongi Mbonambi, 17. JP Smith, 18. Chris van Zyl, 19. Jurie van Vuuren, 20. Godlen Masimla, 21. Robert du Preez, 22. Dillyn Leyds

Griquas: 15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Sandile Ngcobo, 13 Jonathan Francke, 12 Clinton Swart, 11 Ruhan Nel, 10 Francois Brummer, 9 Tian Meyer (captain), 8 Carel Greeff, 7 RJ Liebenberg, 6 Hilton Lobberts, 5 Hugo Kloppers, 4 Jaco Nepgen, 3 Stephan Kotze, 2 Martin Bezuidenhout, 1 Steph Roberts.

Substitutes: 16 AJ Le Roux, 17 Danie Mienie, 18 Ewald Van Der Westhuizen, 19 Jonathan Adendorf, 20 Leon Karemaker, 21 Gouws Prinsloo, 22 Jacquin Jansen

Golden%20Lions.png
Kings.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park, Johannesburg
Time: 19:10 CAT

Teams

Golden Lions: 15. Andries Coetzee, 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Stokkies Hanekom, 12. Howard Mnisi (captain), 11. Anthony Volmink, 10. Jaco van der Walt, 9. Lohan Jacobs, 8. Fabian Booysen, 7. Kwagga Smith, 6. Stephan de Wit, 5. Martin Muller, 4. MB Lusaseni, 3. Julian Redelinghuys, 2. Malcolm Marx, 1. Jacques van Rooyen

Substitutes: 16. Robbie Coetzee, 17. Ruan Dreyer, 18. Lourens Erasmus, 19. Jano Venter, 20. Ricky Schroeder, 21. Marnitz Boshoff, 22. Jacques Nel

EP Kings: 15 Hansie Graaff, 14 Siyanda Grey, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Tim Whitehead (captain), 11 Sylvian Mahuza, 10 Karlo Aspeling, 9 Dwayne Kelly, 8 Paul Schoeman, 7 Stefan Willemse, 6 Thembelani Bholi, 5 Cameron Lindsay, 4 Tazz Fuzani, 3 Simon Kerrod, 2 Edgar Marutlulle, 1 Lizo Gqoboka.

Substitutes: 16 Michael van Vuuren, 17 Basil Short, 18 Cornell Hess, 19 Eital Bredenkamp, 20 Enrico Acker, 21 Elgar Watts, 22 JP du Plessis

Last edited:
Bulls and Lions to continue their dominance.

I'm just hoping we get a win back. We really ought to, being at home and all, and with the Griquas winless so far though I doubt our guys will come in undercooked as the pressure is on.. and having SA's best loose-head in Kitshoff back is also a boost.

Yeah I'm interested to see how the teams will go with their Springboks back in action.

Especially since their is now "Back-up List" of replacements for the Springboks should someone get injured in the World Cup.

Well, I am just happy we have 4 different kick off times, finally!!!

Reinach back for the Sharks will certainly improve our offense. I wish we could have gotten Mtawarira back haha.

The whole EP rugby scene is a joke. They forced their way into Super Rugby, got promotion handed to them and now have a protected status to prevent relegation but aren't able to pay out salaries on time.

Bravo.

This is what happens with politica interference in sport. The EP has so many hands dipping into its pockets from the top down there is't any left for the players nevermind development of the sport in the region (with the most registered black players by far). And people wonder why we aren't seeing more black players in the higher tiers of rugby. The EP itself isn't selecting more black players than other regions. These clowns using rugby as a political play-thing should look at corruption and mismanagement in the EP region rather than accusing Meyer of racism when discussing the supposed lack of black players with the Bokke.

This is what happens with politica interference in sport. The EP has so many hands dipping into its pockets from the top down there is't any left for the players nevermind development of the sport in the region (with the most registered black players by far). And people wonder why we aren't seeing more black players in the higher tiers of rugby. The EP itself isn't selecting more black players than other regions. These clowns using rugby as a political play-thing should look at corruption and mismanagement in the EP region rather than accusing Meyer of racism when discussing the supposed lack of black players with the Bokke.

Yeah, We touched on that subject in the first round. EP Kings were fielding the least amount of non-white players out of all the teams. And the Blue Bulls and Western Province were fielding the most.

I'm wondering if Mr. Puke Watson got paid? His dad is the big chief there sitting on his fat arse and doing nothing.

So both the Cheetahs and the Bulls have added their returning Springboks to their matchday 23 for Friday.

I will update the OP as the teams are announced.

It'd be tough to break up Odendaal and Swanepoel. Swanepoel's rise is going to make that head scratcher for the Bulls' backline come next year's SR even more itchy. 1st word problems though!

It'd be tough to break up Odendaal and Swanepoel. Swanepoel's rise is going to make that head scratcher for the Bulls' backline come next year's SR even more itchy. 1st word problems though!

Yeah. It's nice to see that our investments are starting to show their class. Dries was Jan Serfontein's partner for the BabyBoks, so he is a good partner to have.

All the teams have been named and added to the OP.

I think the home teams are all going to win this weekend.

All the teams have been named and added to the OP.

I think the home teams are all going to win this weekend.

That'd be my expectation as well. The banana boys do face a banana peel in the shape of the Pumas though. Despie the upward curve I wouldn't put it past them to slip. If the Griquas play clever WP might also find themselves with a lot to do.

That said both those home teams could just as easily blow their opposition out of the water.

Sharks in the lead and Pumas go a man down. 15 minutes later, Pumas have scored 10 points and now lead by 6... 23-17. Typical Sharks.

In the end, won 27-26 but it was a tough one!

Last edited:

Latest posts