• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anzacs v BIL 2025

Hmm I would enjoy it more than the normal setup tbh.

At least it puts both things on equal footings.
Yeah I'd take a three test series of this or some variation over the curreht rota, most likely NH Lions v SH Weasels, in different venues every 4 years.

It's something that could be globalised quite easily, could even have quotas for tier 2 players in the squads and 23s. Grow the game and all that craic.

I knew that the Anzac side was a thing, but I have a feeling that it was only because the shirts used to be advertised in the back of Rugby And World Post. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there about them, but according to a video I found on YouTube, the only match they ever played was against the Lions in 1989.

wow...power play, i already started a thread yesterday ;)

looking past this just being more "fluff" for a second...could be fun, BUT i would try and make a big deal about the squad selection, like playground rules, coaches taking turns selecting so there would be real debate and compromise with later selections if the obvious ones get picked up first

a lot of people saying only 2-4 aussies would make a form team but that would probably cause more harm than good with relations

Latest posts